Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work i go in my zed in the flippin snow!

Diab2005

Winter tyres for me next week. My mate in his Audo has took me into work today since we work together but im gonna have to brave it tomorrow... Only driven 80 miles since i picked her up 2 weeks ago... damn snow.

Got Nankang snow tyres on mine, and drive to felixstowe for work with no issues at all.

Remember, even a rubbish winter tyre is still better than a good summer tyre in the snow :thumbs:

Edited by BulletMagnet

Hit a bit of snow on the side of the road (start of dual carriageway) - fook me - bit of a Weh-HEY moment at 45-50mph :lol:

Glad I keep the ESP turned off at the moment or it would have reacted more violently (I think, it just cuts the gas right? - NOT good).

Winter tyres for me next week. My mate in his Audo has took me into work today since we work together but im gonna have to brave it tomorrow... Only driven 80 miles since i picked her up 2 weeks ago... damn snow.

Got Nankang snow tyres on mine, and drive to felixstowe for work with no issues at all.

Remember, even a rubbish winter tyre is still better than a good summer tyre in the snow :thumbs:

Nankang! wow. But as you say, rubbish snow tyre is better than good summer tyre. Ive got Kumho's on order. Not expensive i know but didnt want to go for the cheapest possible. Mine was OK today, a bit slippy in the wet but i left it at home monday, was absolutly lethal.

Hit a bit of snow on the side of the road (start of dual carriageway) - fook me - bit of a Weh-HEY moment at 45-50mph :lol:

Glad I keep the ESP turned off at the moment or it would have reacted more violently (I think, it just cuts the gas right? - NOT good).

Gas? Yuck.

RE050A's on mine all round. We live on a small development with no through traffic, and the roads have been an absolute nightmare - I've basically worked from home all week as haven't been able to leave our estate!

Traction control off, pulling off in 2nd - utterly useless!

I've found one problem with winter tyres though. You can drive in hazardous conditions better than others, but sometimes you're still gonna be stuck behind the the annoying person travelling at 2mph.

The other day, it took me about 2mins to get half way down my hill. Then I caught up with someone. I had been travelling at 20-25mph. It then took me about 7-8 mins to go down the rest as he was going at 2-3 mph. :rant:

I took my brave pills this morning and got mine off the drive. Our road is still covered in snow/ice and so is the road that my office is on. Didn't really have too many problems apart from a bit of dodgy parking.

I'm glad I didn't try earlier in the week as our golf struggled on the same roads! :drive1

Edited by Paddy78

Yeah, the Bridgestone RE040's are terrible for this kind of weather.

They are not that great in the dry either..... Burn them with fire!!!!

i was being polite....

Are they really that bad? I always had in my head that Bridgestones were pretty good tyres...

i was being polite....

Are they really that bad? I always had in my head that Bridgestones were pretty good tyres...

the RE050A are good tyres........the RE040 are shocking!

I've found one problem with winter tyres though. You can drive in hazardous conditions better than others, but sometimes you're still gonna be stuck behind the the annoying person travelling at 2mph.

The other day, it took me about 2mins to get half way down my hill. Then I caught up with someone. I had been travelling at 20-25mph. It then took me about 7-8 mins to go down the rest as he was going at 2-3 mph. :rant:

Having said that, better they drive at 2-3 mph than career into innocent bystanders or worse...me :lol:

Anyway...not having any significant issues with the Kumho winter tyres on (yes I know...not the in the same league as your MAs)

i was being polite....

the RE050A are good tyres........the RE040 are shocking!

Best place for RE040's is in a tire wall at a track