Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work i go in my zed in the flippin snow!

Diab2005

It got that bad the big guns had to come out!!

386A561E-90CE-47E4-9AE7-8B28B7664C02-9869-000006F237AE62BF.jpg

I have one feeling against all other motorists watch me climb hills overtaking everything ha ha ha

Me is now SMUG!!

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 1

I just got back from Abbey's workshop. Took 3 of them to get me out, once on the main roads it was boring. The final leg was great fun, sliding side wards between parked cars. Had to get the neighbours out to help push the Z back onto the drive. Glad I'm home safe and sound.

hmm, got in to work no problems - no snow then! But Prodrive called it a day at 12 and said people should go home - cue a scramble of four wheel drifts and handbrake turns out the car park... nah not really!

only problems were pulling onto the a road with ESP doing its best to prevent me from doing so... but then was fine cruising at 50 on the M40. once i got back into leam the ESP got turned off as it was doing my nut in!

still successfully parked back home now - we have to get down to cheltenham this afternoon though, so hopefully the M5 wont be too abysmal (taking the gfs 206)

PMSL Nice one Dave.

4 hours to get home. I hate England because our councils can't manage the roads. Didn't see one gritter or plough!!

I shall be writing to my MP to tell him and his friends are ALL w@ankers!

Well I decided to come home and dial in (after the free piza in the office), no issues at all, main roads clear side roads pretty bad and had about half a mile on those but not once did i have esp, wheel spin or anything. It's all about slow gentle inputs, higher gear and anticpating whats coming up... my only concern was the idiot kid who lives across the road coming down our road far too quickly the idiot... and it's the idiots you cant do anyting about unfortunately.

in fact while typing this he's gone up the road again (past his house) with his mate following him and then back down it again.... i can see them smashing into parked cars before too long :boxing:

We took the mx5 and managed to Bob to work. He wouldnt even consider taking the zed out. I then decided not to go the extra 10 miles to my place of work but to return home. Got stuck and had to call Keyser to pull me out and tow me home. Damn my car had NO grip

ooooft! Thats train weather lol Keep that down there! Apparently Scotlands gonna get it in the east...so hopefully none for me or at least a light shower of it lol

Edited by AMT

It got that bad the big guns had to come out!!

386A561E-90CE-47E4-9AE7-8B28B7664C02-9869-000006F237AE62BF.jpg

I have one feeling against all other motorists watch me climb hills overtaking everything ha ha ha

Me is now SMUG!!

I've got a pair of these, but never really used them,I have them in the boot just in case,

how good are they in the conditions above, do you have total control? .

Yeah ESP off is best in the snow otherwise it kicks in all over the place when you really don't want it :scare:

Completely forgot this on the way home, everything was normal until I hit the short, steep hill and then it all fell apart. Was a bit concerned I'd not make it up the hill and leave it blocked :scare:

Couldn't stop as I'd not get going again so couldn't turn the ESP off. 8mph in 2nd with the traction control rattling away was not fun. Only about 150m up the hill but I was starting to sweat towards the end :surrender:

I blame all the roads leading there for lulling me into a false sense of security :blush:

Mine is staying on the drive for the weekend ! But will have to use it to get to work on Monday. Im in East Sussex and snow looks badish on sunday. But i might use the wifes Scenic...........not as much fun as the Z, but it will get me there......................FINGERS CROSSED :)

Thought I'd leave work early, very glad I did as the temp is dropping as well as few drivers on the road, so it'll only get worse.

First time with the Z in the snow, no problems here, and remembered to turn ESP off after picking up a bottle of wine and STEAK ! (priorities in order here) :teeth:

Supersports on the rear, and planky 50's on the front (not for much longer though)

Edited by RobPhoboS

They saved me from being stuck at the bottom of a hill. I'd already suffered a pretty bad hill, to the point it took me 20 mins to negotiate. No matter how much I tried, pulling off in 1st 2nd 3rd it was a nightmare.

The socks made a huge difference. Hitting the hill with confidence and not the slightest slip. Vans, BMW's, Merc's and even 4x4's were having big problems. I just drove on by. :lol:

• Like 2

Got stuck on the way home bloody fwd cars wheel spinning turning the snow to ice... I showed them though i parked my car and walked 2 miles home... Bet i got home a damn sight quicker than they did.. Going to try and collect my car at 11pm and drive home on what will hopefullly be uncompacted snow ;)