Twin Turbo Z

Stuart H

whos mantra was it, the unholy trinity of motoring - Fast, reliable, and Cheap - you can only have two of the three!

Yeah i dabbled in fast and cheap... but the engine blew. so now i've changed to not so fast and not so cheap, but a lot more reliable!

What you've got a mondeo ST?

Hmmm lovely engine work there, but agree with some others on here will do well to get £16k-£17k for it - at the end of the day the car itself is old, you could be looking at a newer Z4M, a better equipped M5, a variety of AMG's, RS4 or even go for something uber rare like a Lotus Europa all with equivalent performance. What makes the Zed such a great purchase at around £8k is what you get for the money at that price, there are not many other cars that come close, or looks wise have aged so well.

That said, you never know, I priced my car up at a premium and was told by a lot of people on here I wouldn't get the money I was asking for it - within a week someone came along who happened to be looking for a black Zed with all the stuff done to it that I had done and he paid straight up for it. You got to be lucky though :)

Edited by coldel

Thank you for all the comments constructive or otherwise.

You need to actually drive the car to appreciate it. The mid rpm response is incredible. Forged bullet proof cosworth engine combined with the APS twins bring fantastic results and always puts a smile on my face every time i drive the car. You can't compare my Z with Envys Z. I went for reliability and decent HP figures as opposed to stock cast engine bling bling.

Z4M, and RS4 are not even close with Hp and torque figures. Trust me z4m or an OEM RS4 are gutless and boring.

Power and torque wise the cars are miles behind.

Current HP the Z is set up to produce is more than adequate for street use.Any more than that becomes dangerous and unusable on road.(anyone that has actually driven a car with this kind of HP will understand this)You can easy remap the car it will produce 550BHP with around 500ft/lb but for me current set up is enough.

I have owned 800 BHP Supra prior to the Z so I should know.

A few more facts about the car:

Chassis done 25K forged engine done 15k

Any inspection welcome, the car is like new inside and out.

Was chatting to Joey Wong about your car tonight mate, said he knows / knew you. Sounds like a beast of a car.

Yes I am good friends with Joey.

Saturday we can go for a drive if you are in the area :)

Edited by Stuart H

I didn't mention before:

I have all the parts to put the Z back to OEM ( manifolds, cats, intake, injectors,ect)The OEM parts are included in the sale.

Also you will get full service history, receipts for all the parts used in the build and tons of Dyno shoot printouts.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry but car wont see much north of 450whp without further mods like replacing actuators and uprating fuel system new exhaust and new ems. love the sleeper look mine is similar just lower and more support mods done to it. hope you sell it. let me know how much you get ;) with that power id see it as a daily no problem! hardware in the motor can see much more. what mm rad does it have?

sorry but car wont see much north of 450whp without further mods like replacing actuators and uprating fuel system new exhaust and new ems. love the sleeper look mine is similar just lower and more support mods done to it. hope you sell it. let me know how much you get ;) with that power id see it as a daily no problem! hardware in the motor can see much more. what mm rad does it have?

Thank you for your good comments:)

She has got tones of more tourqe and BHP to offer. The fuel system has been upgraded. Uni Q2 chip, map sensor, new lambda sensors, remap will produce 540BHP with 500ft/lb of torque(still safe). There is always a posibilty to install a stand alone system. I would probably go for it if the Z was for track use only. I have driven 600BHP 350Z. It was insane ;)and dangerous. Where my Z is at the moment power wise just about on the limit of traction/safe. Very very smooth power delivery, mid RPM responce is just incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the problem with this kind of car (modified and huge £££ spent) is it is always going to pitched against what you can buy for the money. Sure it may be quicker than some more modern example as mention, rs4, m5 etc but its also slower than other cars that can be bought for less, rx7, skyline etc

Personally if i had the original sort of figure asked i would be buying a Nsx (right on the cusp though), sure it may not be anywhere near as fast, stunning to look at though, but if i came to sell it a couple of years later, its still going to be worth at minimum the same money.