Twin Turbo Z

Stuart H

Bit too expensive imo

Really? You're looking around that sort of price for the turbo install alone surely? I dont think its too bad when you work out of the cost on the Turbo install, all the parts installed.

Whats a 25k mile standard Zed of this year going for? 7k - 8k?

Edited by Dave-350
  • Like 1

Bit too expensive imo

Agreed, I picked up my azure UK300 with 25k on the clock and a year newer for 8k. Appreciate a lot of money etc has gone into the car but I really don't think it will get bought for that money.

Was yours turbo charged then?

It would have been a Bargain if it was ;)

It's practically double the price of mine, and I see what your saying with regards to the cost of a setup like this, however you will never get back what you have spent, there is always loss on a project like this. However looks like a great car with a proper built setup.

Bit too expensive imo

Agreed, I picked up my azure UK300 with 25k on the clock and a year newer for 8k. Appreciate a lot of money etc has gone into the car but I really don't think it will get bought for that money.

Was yours turbo charged then?

It would have been a Bargain if it was ;)

It's practically double the price of mine, and I see what your saying with regards to the cost of a setup like this, however you will never get back what you have spent, there is always loss on a project like this. However looks like a great car with a proper built setup.

Yea of course there will be a loss, hence why its up for £16k, I would say he has probably put double that in to it at least!

I dunno, its alot of money in anyones eyes.

Bit too expensive imo

Really? You're looking around that sort of price for the turbo install alone surely? I dont think its too bad when you work out of the cost on the Turbo install, all the parts installed.

Imo yes mate. This is the way I look at it.... which will prob be different to alot of people. Its a 2005 car, so it is older, the good thing is it has extremely low mileage. Completely standard gt edition interior and exterior. So that leaves the twin turbo side of the car, which is naturally your biggest selling point. But is it really worth 8 or 9k to someone? Yes I know this is how much it would cost if not more to tt a normal 350z but for that money you are looking at getting a 370z and a much newer car.

This is just my opinion mate. It looks a very nice car and I am sure someone will be tempted but I wouldnt spend 16k on a 350z.

Bit too expensive imo

Imo yes mate. This is the way I look at it.... which will prob be different to alot of people. Its a 2005 car, so it is older, the good thing is it has extremely low mileage. Completely standard gt edition interior and exterior. So that leaves the twin turbo side of the car, which is naturally your biggest selling point. But is it really worth 8 or 9k to someone? Yes I know this is how much it would cost if not more to tt a normal 350z but for that money you are looking at getting a 370z and a much newer car.

This is just my opinion mate. It looks a very nice car and I am sure someone will be tempted but I wouldnt spend 16k on a 350z.

Yea I hear what your saying, if I had 16K to spend, id be looking at stretching to a 370Z.

But, saying that, if you were looking to twin turbo a Zed it would make sense to get it.

It will probably sell, look at some of the other cars on the market for that sort of price! Like a VW camper for example!

I think its worth whatever someone is willing to pay :)

Bit too expensive imo

Yea mine was on 25k on an 06 and was 8k.

Agreed with both, the money has been spent and a lot has gone into it. I suppose it's only worth what somebody is willing to pay. A shame really but it's the nature of the beast with these projects.

Just thinking aloud....... Envy has their twin turbo 350z up for sale recently at 17k I think it was and that car really did have everything in it from interior / exterior to engine etc. I would be alot more tempted to buy something like that.

Just thinking aloud....... Envy has their twin turbo 350z up for sale recently at 17k I think it was and that car really did have everything in it from interior / exterior to engine etc. I would be alot more tempted to buy something like that.

This is the thing, it's quite unmolested in other areas which is worth money. However a proper suspension setup etc on a car like this is needed and would have to be spent. A ready done car in every way is maybe worth more. It depends on what people value.

I wouldn't. JDM car & still on stock block.

Atleast with this one its got a forged engine :)

I wouldn't pay 16k for it TBH but at around 13K I'd be interested.

Agreed you could have sold all the mods for £17k and still had a car worth £6k at the end of it.

It's not worth £16k. £12-14k yes.

To be honest its probally well worth the price but sadly the reality is it wont sell for that, The pool of buyers who are looking for a TT zed will be very small and I would imagine most would rather do their own build even though its going to cost them ££££££s more than the asking price for this one.

And being fair its much more realistic asking figure than the veilside one that keeps poping up on ebay

Price is fair but he'll only sell it if someone is searching for that exact car, which is unlikely. Most people looking to spend that much wont consider a 350Z.

Also someone looking for a finished project would probably want one with uprated suspension.

I know that If i was spending that much i'd be going for a Cayman.

Edited by CrumbMC

yeah but a cayman will appear to be going backwards compared to that zed! its not about what else you could buy for the same cash, if i had a spare £15k kicking around i'd get it, no way you're going faster for less!

Skyline, Supra, RX7 all say otherwise :p