Ben's Build

OsakaBen

Well, Im bored and the zeds just gone into the bodyshop. So i'd thought i'd start a build thread.

This came up locally so me and the old man went to take a look. Its a vortech v2 04 Zed, with 38k on the clock. Straight away I could see how much work (and money) I would have to pile into this car to get it to a level that I'm personally happy with (Perfectionist!). It has 20 inch alloys that ruin the handling, it has lots of little dents in and its falling apart, but I could see what it could be.

IMG_0901_zpsaf9de8ec.jpg

The seller didnt really know what he was talking about, he failed to mention/notice the brembos up front and the exedy clutch booklet in the paperwork, he didnt really know anything about the car. I was a little aprehensive about buying a charged zed with a pretty unknown past but lifes for living and all that rubbish. On the way home the engine light came on (just my luck) after performing the peddle dance the problem was obvious. As a kind gesture the gentleman had put £50 worth of standard unleaded in the car, which caused the car to run like crap! After nursing it home we drained the tank and put some real fuel in and after a few days she ran sweet (By sweet I mean she sounds like a barge - thanks vortech!).

Just some photos of the bad bits!

Bubbled Brembo

IMG_0900_zps08189474.jpg

Stupid lip kit

IMG_0905_zps1d12e7ee.jpg

-.-

IMG_0904_zpscaef0f85.jpg

Wonky fiberglass bonnet

IMG_0912_zpsde64c292.jpg

Strutbar sacrificed for stupid bonnet thats broken -

IMG_0907_zps033a298a.jpg

>.<

IMG_0909_zpse20826c8.jpg

Citreon C1 lights!!

IMG_0910_zpscdd0b3b0.jpg

I actually really like these and the controller box (reads .2 on the photo for some reason haha!) Cheeky combo daily driver :O

IMG_09141_zps685c6dd4.jpg

Currently repairing veilside lip, car park dents in doors, bumpers and sideskirts ordered :)

Plans are -

Ings rear bumper

De-spoiler

Amuse sideskirts

v2 front

new buldge bonnet

new wheels

Refurb brakes

Coilovers

Detailed engine bay

Thanks for looking :)

The bonnets being ripped off and burnt, i'd feel better knowing it doesnt exist anymore. Looking at standard 07 carbon fibre bonnets - if there is no cooling issues which there shouldnt be.

its only a matter of time before it causes an accident ;/

Fibreglass bonnets should be banned

IMG_0911_zps554e6829.jpg

I take it the Supercharger runs sweet? How many miles has it done since it was 'charged?

Great project! :)

Seems to run great actually - Im sure theres going to be a few problems - i've only done about 200 miles in it at the moment - Im waiting for a qoute from abbey motorsport to have it all checked over :)

I contacted the previous owner, he assures me its been charged for 5000. I however find this hard to believe, so i refuse to push it until its checked

Edited by OsakaBen

I take it the Supercharger runs sweet? How many miles has it done since it was 'charged?

Great project! :)

Seems to run great actually - Im sure theres going to be a few problems - i've only done about 200 miles in it at the moment - Im waiting for a qoute from abbey motorsport to have it all checked over :)

I contacted the previous owner, he assures me its been charged for 5000. I however find this hard to believe, so i refuse to push it until its checked

Sweet! Hopefully it's all good, i am sure it will be! Would be nice to find out how many horses its running :)

I actually quite like the Citroen C1 style running lights? Fancy selling them to me?!

1 of the LEDs are broken, of your willing to solder a new one in your more than welcome to them for free. Just postage, however it will be next month :)

Thanks mate, that's very kind of you :-).

I've sent you a PM

Cheers!

Sounds like you will soon have this one tip top :thumbs:

Great project B)

Whats the plans for the bonnet?

I think Keysers may have some ideas for the bonnet if you don't want it lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great project B)

ya think :lol:

look forward to seeing more as it progresses :wink:

• Like 1

Great project B)

ya think :lol:

look forward to seeing more as it progresses :wink:

* free to anyone that wants it once the new bonnet is on. I was just going to throw it :)

Edited by OsakaBen

• 1 month later...