350Z.....Keeper?

gordy

bought my zed just coming up to a year ago now, and when i bought it at least i was planning on keeping it for a long time - the first car where that was the case (all other cars were stop gaps until i could afford something better/faster, but the zed is plenty fast enough now and should be reliable, unlike my first proper fast car)

However, that was when i lived only 2 miles from work... now i live 20 miles from work, the zed is costing rather more in fuel than i'd like and i'm putting rater more miles on it than id like... so am currently considering selling up and spending half the 6 grand on a efficient diesel commuter, and the other half on a mental weekend/trackday car... will have to see how we get on!

Had mine 2.5 years, never fell oout of love with it I just fancied a change. When the 911 goes I'll be back in one, but a coupe this time.

Or an Elise. Jo prefers an Elise, I prefer the Zed. It bothers me that the little woman wants the more hardcore car and I want the soft option :(

Think I've had mine for nearly 5 years now.

Defo the longest I've kept a car. The spec it's at now, there's very little that can compete with it in the price range.

Plus I think the car looks and sounds like an exotic and is a good all-rounder GT car.

Owned mine for 3 years now and still love it :)

Had a slight wobble recently and started trawling the internet for B7 Audi RS4s, but I couldn't do it! Plus the extra cost just doesn't make sense for me atm. Part of the reason I was thinking of swapping was to get a car with a big boot for mountain bikes but am off to buy a shed this weekend instead, so I get to keep the zed and 'save' a bunch o dosh. Result :thumbs:

Looks like I'm winning at 9yrs come April. Still love it so not looking to sell. Not worth it anyway. Where would I get a car that still looks great and I know has been well looked after for £7k - £8k ?

• Like 1

Have had mine for 2 years. Lost count of number of cars before that. Every now and then I think about what else I might want but it is difficult to find anything with such a good balance of positive points and few downsides as a road car. As things stand I can't see what I would want to change it for and can see myself keeping it for a long time (subject to the roof still being ok).

Had mine for about 18 months which is short for me. Normally I keep my cars for 3->4 years. Ive actually still got my Renault 5 GT Turbo which ive had for 15 years in my garage and ive had my R1 motorbike for over 11 years now! So I dont like parting with things unless I can help it.

Unfortunately the zed was just killing me on running costs and wasnt practical for the long commutes I have. If it was just a weekend fun car I may well still have it!

I have been looking into an S2000 a lot recently but i think i would miss the torque / noise of the V6. Also the Z feels a lot nicer when i just want to get somewhere in the pouring rain.

The exact reason I got rid of mine, amazing fun when you are in the mood but on a cold winters night it felt horrible to be in.

I drove mine with the roof down in all weather. Including the rain. Cold winter morning roof down, awesome drive. Also had the hardtop for if I wanted a coupe, but always wanted it off once it was on. You have to like open top motoring to really enjoy the car. Its not as good with the roof up.

Zeds are true drivers' cars and awesome value for the money - not the cheapest car to do high mileages in so I understand that for those that have to its a drain on the pocket but having had 3 ZEDs over 7 years now the pure pleasure of the drive makes it all worthwhile for me.

And we may not get the greatest manufacturer support but the support of fellow members and some excellent traders on here is second to none and that has led to some great friendships that makes ownership a real joy.

And to back up the friendship side of things and noting some of the contributions above from current non-Zed owners who regularly stay in touch, the forum is clearly addictive to many and long may it stay that way. :#1:

but having had 3 ZEDs over 7 years now the pure pleasure of the drive makes it all worthwhile for me.

Come Sunday I'll have 3 Zeds :lol:

I can have my own mini meet in the front garden :thumbs:

I think I like Zed's - or maybe I just have a problem ????? :wacko:

Its a keeper for sooo many reasons; (flashed passed most of the previous so if im repeating..meh lol)

-Its got that chunky, big arch, long bonnet (even tho its short), don't f*ck with me look lol Mainly its DIFFERENT and thats good compared to the usual Z4's, Tittys and the like. If someone has to ask you what it is or suggests its something more... thats not bad :wink:

-Despite the possible horrendous fuel economy etc, its doable, its not bad on insurance, their reansably cheap to buy for what they are. Put it this way I paid £15K for a last of the line car (jan09' reg'd) and it has 309bhp and the same rough performance of a NEW SL350...they start at around £70K I think... I know which I'd rather have to be honest... even if I had the £70K (certainly not a merc anyway..)

-THE SOUND

-The way people hover round it.... literally came out the fort and a couple and some others just standing over it :lol:

Only thing that might cause me to get rid of it in years is the mileage and how its 'worn' it. But i'll be keeping it good! I can't see other cars I want in future (as I need to look at ones out now for used in the future) besides the 370Z (even though I'm secretly not the biggest fan of it...) :ninja: but will end up buying one anyway if I can still have a car like this in the future lol

its a KEEPER! :)

Edited by AMT250

Had mine for around 1.3 years now and still undecided.... it doesn't feel as much fun as my previous Focus ST (played with) and I do keep looking at Evos, Focus RS and Caymans - then come back to the 350z then think about FI - I just can't decide!

I know it's a horrible thought, but if the worst were to happen and my Zed was declared a total loss for whatever reason (accident/theft etc), the moment the insurance coughed up, I'd be on the look out for another Zed as a replacement. I couldn't say that about any other car I've owned and would see it as an opportunity to get something different.

The only change I might make would be to consider a roadster, and maybe a different colour - but the replacement car would still have to be a Zed.

But let's not think about any kind of total loss (shivers).

• Like 1