Perfect driving record, but refused a quote

Z-monster

I used to work at an insurance brokers in 2007. They used to "Refuse to Quote" on insurance costs if the client had been elsewhere.

Has this now entered the car industry? i.e. If I search on Gocompare or Confused, do companies just refuse to quote if you then go direct?

My renewal is due on the 28th December and I'm keen to beat my current renewal quote from Elephant of £800.

Any brokers here want to see if they can get a 26 year-old home owner, Graduate (x2 Masters degrees), 6 years no-claims (named driver on policies since 17 years of age) Born and raised in UK. Full-Time Employed at a University as a Project Manager, and Part-time property business owner.

Owned and driven cars in USA, Cambodia, Malaysia and some of Europe. No points or convictions (ever) also passed Pass Plus in 2005. Access to a 1947 MG TC 1250cc as a named driver.

Postcode and personal details on request.

PM me with contact details, numbers offer codes etc.

Thanks,

J

wow that's the laziest method of getting your insurance renewal. the rest of us shop around, but I like your style, get the forum to find it for you.

lexx has put up the best we have on here, and they are good, but you'll need to ring them to get the best deal. and i'd also recommend going to them with what you have as your best quote. they seem to work best when you know what the best you've managed so far.

admiral always seemto do well for young drivers,

Adrian flux can sometimes give a cheap quote, but they wouldnt be my first choice.

• Like 1

I used to work at an insurance brokers in 2007. They used to "Refuse to Quote" on insurance costs if the client had been elsewhere.

Has this now entered the car industry? i.e. If I search on Gocompare or Confused, do companies just refuse to quote if you then go direct?

No, so you now have no excuse to not go and do the whole Comparethemoneysupermeerkat thing yourself :p

• Like 1

wow that's the laziest method of getting your insurance renewal. the rest of us shop around, but I like your style, get the forum to find it for you.

See I've done the gocompareconfuseed.com broad search, went direct got a refused a quote when I went direct, hence the forum post...I'm not that lazy!

Thanks for the advice all, i'll get on the blower!

And the winner of most bizarre thread of the year goes too...........

You sure have packed a lot into your 26 years........im surprised we didnt get a **** measurement in there too! ;)

I am slightly perplexed as to how you can work for an insurance broker yet have no idea how the insurance industry quotes?

Pretty sure when getting a quote I've never been asked what qualifications I have ..........or how many different countries I've driven in.......

Does 2x masters degrees and some stamps in your passport make tou a better driver or a lower risk?

The only thing you didn't state, will be the only things that matter..ie your postcode and personal details.

I would also recommend ringing the traders on here. I would highly recommend Livingston Warner I have been with them for 2 years now. I have also used Sky on a previous car and could not fault them.

800 sounds quite high for a stock zed(depending on your postcode)

• Like 1

Pretty sure when getting a quote I've never been asked what qualifications I have ..........or how many different countries I've driven in.......

Does 2x masters degrees and some stamps in your passport make tou a better driver or a lower risk?

The only thing you didn't state, will be the only things that matter..ie your postcode and personal details.

I would also recommend ringing the traders on here. I would highly recommend Livingston Warner I have been with them for 2 years now. I have also used Sky on a previous car and could not fault them.

I have a City & Guilds in cake making I have never declared that before :shrug:

• Like 1

I've driven to Bognor before and have GCSE French... That combo knocked £200 off my last quote.

2 Masters degrees and having driven and owned cars in other countries should easily take 70% off? Try calling a few companies and explain how well educated and travelled you are, I'm sure they'll give you a better deal...

• Like 1

There are 4 brokers in the Traders section, which includes their contact details.

Livingston Warman

Prestige Car Insurance

Sky Insurance

Chris Knott.

All 4 offer member discount.

But doesnt mean they will be cheaper than elsewhere in my experience. But each persons situation is different and they may be cheaper for some.

Zurich ask if you're a university graduate if you go direct. As for working in the industry it was an internship in 2007.

I've been very busy in my life, just can't sit still!

I do think that inexperience with the car might be the factor in this one. Car isnt modified and I live in a building with a secure locked car park... All very odd.

I'll let you know results.

I have a City & Guilds in cake making I have never declared that before :shrug:

:) Maybe you should Dave.

Or maybe not..................They may think your more likely to be doing donuts. :p

• Like 1

I can get my feet behind my head, will that get me a discount?

on a serious note; having a female partner on your insurance helps. being married brings it down even more. my wife was involved in an accident 2 yeas ago, it bumped my premium up, so I looked into removing her. the quote came back a hell of a lot higher. so she stayed on.

My renewal is due on the 28th December and I'm keen to beat my current renewal quote from Elephant of £800.

Any brokers here want to see if they can get a 26 year-old home owner, Graduate (x2 Masters degrees), 6 years no-claims (named driver on policies since 17 years of age) Born and raised in UK. Full-Time Employed at a University as a Project Manager, and Part-time property business owner.

Owned and driven cars in USA, Cambodia, Malaysia and some of Europe. No points or convictions (ever) also passed Pass Plus in 2005. Access to a 1947 MG TC 1250cc as a named driver.

Postcode and personal details on request.

PM me with contact details, numbers offer codes etc.

Thanks,

J

Hi J

Yes, please feel free to ring us for a quote on our scheme :)

I can get my feet behind my head, will that get me a discount?

on a serious note; having a female partner on your insurance helps. being married brings it down even more. my wife was involved in an accident 2 yeas ago, it bumped my premium up, so I looked into removing her. the quote came back a hell of a lot higher. so she stayed on.

That may not be the case any more since 21st. :wink:

I really wonder if Insurance companies just pluck random figures at times to get a boost in buisness and once they have 'hooked' enough, the premiums start to rise again relying on loyalty and renewal hassle to re-fill their pots next time round.

Cynical 'ole bugger, arn't I :lol:

ok...

Brentacre: £789.99 with Highway Insurance (Part of LV)

Greenlight: £748.48 with Zenith (additional track day cover ranging from £100-£1000 track dependant)

Excess of £500 on both, fully comp. (includes 3rd party of or other cars, courtesy car, audio, windscreen etc..)

Tempted to go with Zenith - anyone had any experience with them or Greenlight?

On the phone to Adrian Flux now...

Adrian Flux via Equity Red Star (part of Lloyds): £730

500 Excess

with reasonably priced addable extras.

I guess now I'm just asking if anyone has any experiences with claims, renewals or anything else with Greenlight, Brentacre or Adrian Flux?

£60 between them - might be best to pay more for the better service than going for the lowest initial cost (although I do hear good things about Adrian Flux...)

Thoughts?