Greetings >:^)

Had my Z (04 chilli red) a little over a month now. I haven't had much chance to drive it, but I eat all my meals standing up staring at it out the window :D

Just wanted to introduce myself with a big thanks for all your help (bizarrely). Must have been lurking about 5 months now! You've already helped diagnose a dodgy compression rod :cry: Hopefully getting my replacement fitted this weekend depending on how grim the weather is.

I'm in Edinburgh and have done a few trips through to Glasgow. The car is a staggeringly good cruiser, really wasn't expecting it to make boring motorway so awesome.

Worst thing about the car - my girlfriend drives a Micra and she keeps stealing my keys thinking they're hers :blush:

Welcome :smile: .

I haven't had much chance to drive it, but I eat all my meals standing up staring at it out the window :D

Yes, that's one of the well known signs of Zeditis. There's no cure apparently :smile: .

Pete

Best welcome ever! Thanks :smile:

I ended up buying the car off a really decent chap (also a member on this here board) about 2 seconds after it appeared on Auto Trader. I'd been looking for about 3 months for something that grabbed me... and having (fortunately) missed out through indecision on a 350 a few weeks before, it ended up being an easy instant decision!

There's a few quirks - petrol tank gauge is about as far from linear as you can get. Full tank, it's on 75%, then creeps up very slowly, then plummets down (not my right foot, honest!). I managed to lose 1/5 of a tank in 10 minutes of traffic jam, allegedly! I guess I should just trust the digital display in terms of remaining mileage?

I'd love to fire up some photos but it's basically just been night time or frost time since I got it! I'm going to take it on a photoshoot B) (hey, any excuse to drive!)

The highlight so far has been my first back end twitch. Whilst going in a straight line. Instantly got some respect for the beast! Bring on the summer!

This will more than likely be the cause of your fuel gauge problem:-

http://www.350z-uk.c...ate-fuel-gauge/

:smile:

Nice - thanks. This forum is great! I'm pretty sure if I said I was having a problem with the dead clown rotting in my boot there would be someone else who'd come across the same problem :smile:

Looks like a bit of a job that though - and not keen on filling my interior with petrol fumes... but at least it's a cheap one :lol: