If you had £35,000 to spend on a car, what would you choose?

43 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose?

• Aston Martin DB9
    • Aston Martin Vantage
    • Ferrari 360
    • Nissan GTR
    • Nissan Skyline (Highly Tuned)
    • Other

Ekona, GTR's aren't that bad, they may not be the best looking design but I'm sure if one was parked in your drive you wouldn't hesitate to drive it and see what they're all about. They're actually very well put together inside, and you wouldn't know you've got a wealth of power till you hit the loud pedal.

Sorry, I guess my post didn't come across very well. I don't think they're bad at all: I think there's bits of them I don't like, but then that's the same for every car. Our long-term plan is to replace my 911 with a 350Z and swap Jo's Scooby out for a GTR in a couple of years time, so assuming that comes to fruition then I'll be more than happy to drive one. That's her car though, and I just can't get past the Lego-brick looks (and that's coming from a VXR220 owner!) and the poor quality materials inside. They also don't feel as superquick as the figures imply for some reason, or at least the MY09 cars didn't. I guess having 1800kg to move can do that, and I'm finding myself preferring stuff that's lighter weight to behemoths with monster power.

Never having owned either I suspect this next comment is going to seem a bit odd, but I suspect that owning a GTR will never give you the same buzz that you get from starting up the Aston or Ferrari and popping down to the shops. Much, much quicker than either, but less of an event which is what I'd want.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of the list of cars you put up, i'd go with the vantage, but if i was given 35k and told to go buy a car of my choice....i'd need more time but i'd be looking at the likes of

TVR

Noble

maserati

Aston

porsche

as they are all manufacturers i've never tried, who all make cars i'd love to own. which ones depended on what you could get for the 35k, but i think my top 3 would be aston, maserati and TVR

Audi A5 3 litre S Line. Pity about the 6 month lead time................. :lol:

Absolutely! Take one out for a run and trust me you will love it. Not the quickest car for the money but it is just a great car. Practical as well.

Thats what you would buy with 35k? Seriously?

For doing a bit of everything, R35GTR.

But I also adore the NSX, so I'd want one of those as well (supercharge if any spare change).

It would be great to have a 360 but it wouldn't be ideal using it everyday, I'd rather use it only for fun.

Lastly, any decent woman wouldn't give a flying fook about what you drive :D(only guys do)

Ekona I agree with what you say about status of vehicle, and yes a Lambo, Fez or Porka would all provide a better presence.

Although the GTR isn't in that market, it's designed to be outrageously sophisticated with technology to boot. It wasn't designed as far I can see to be a "sexy" car, because if they did, they failed miserably!!

It's like the R8, it's not a super car and its not a GTR, filling a gap in the market. If all cars were like lambo's etc we would all be called Trevor!

I like the GTR for what it is and what it does, on he flip side the same with a fez.

I imagine some people on here have spent near enough 35k on a spec'd up 370 ;)

My dream 35k car would be a Dodge Viper, absolutely awful cars but i really want to own one just to hear the 8 Litre V10 on full chat on the way down to Le mans B)

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/dodge/srt-10-gts-rt10/dodge-1999/852150

never been a fezza fan, admire the styling and the heritage, but not my kind of lady. i find the engine sounds to high pitched. they tune them to rev so high it alters the noise. i know it sounds funny, but i had a chance to listen to a whole range of super cars at topgear one year with tiff, and the ones that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up were the lambos v10, the sypker V8 (audi V8) maserati V8, and the koinegsegg v12.

all the others sound great but certain engines got my juices flowing. sadly none were any of the ferrari's. its a bit like the GTR gaurenteed they are going to be better than a whole heap of cars i like, but neither the GTR or the fezzas do it for me. i'd happily go out in them, have mates take for a test drive, and respect the car. but for me only certain cars have the whole package, looks, presenence and noise. and thats what makes a great car.

never been a fan of fezzas tbh, a bit obvious (although granted its because they're excellent). when money can stretch it'll be either a gallardo or an R8 for me.

However for £35k... my money would be on a tvr most likely, something very shouty like a sleeved Sagaris. always fancied a Noble M12 as well, but would probably be a bit raw for living with day to day.

My sensible choice for £35k would be a AM Vantage for £33k, then £2k for a louder exhaust :thumbs: