Full bodywork rework

New lower frame

New struts

New mats

Aircon redone

Full P3 service

Rear wiper motor replaced

I iz sorted

How did you sort out tye fuel tank sender?

New exhaust

New wheels

New suspension

Full wheel alignment

Fuel tank senders sorted

New cameras hardwired in front and back

Tracker wired in

New undertray

Rear wheelarches rolled

Full bodywork rework

New lower frame

New struts

New mats

Aircon redone

Full P3 service

Rear wiper motor replaced

I iz sorted

How did you sort out tye fuel tank sender?

There's a guide on here. Have to open up both senders from inside the cabin and clean the metal strips.

• Like 1

Not a mod a such but finally got a flip key....and it all works now. Wasn't too bad swapping internals over but a bit chewy getting the buttons to line up and get them to feel how I wanted.

7ff5195b817c68f8ccdad40ece902667.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bob94
  • Like 1

Not a mod a such but finally got a flip key....and it all works now. Wasn't too bad swapping internals over but a bit chewy getting the buttons to line up and get them to feel how I wanted.

This is a 'mod' that I get round to doing on all my cars. Where did you source the fob from and what was the cost?

Edited by Erni902

After I got rid of the 2x 10" subs that were taking up all my boot space it was time to remove the twin amps that 'weren't hooked up' from when I bought the car. There was some wiring hanging around in the boot so removed it all from the two amps yesterday and removed the amps from the car. Leaving the wiring for today. Upon heading to the post office earlier it became apparent that the amps had infact been connected to the speakers and the headunit as I now no longer had any sound. Oh well, cue Nismo FM ;)

I got back and after work set upon sorting the audio out. As it happens the headunit that had been installed had bypassed the factory system hence the previous owner decided to hook up aftermarket kit. After a little play I managed to re-install 1 of the amps (2 is overkill at my age) and wired it all up to the factory Bose Sub. Fairly simple job as all the wiring had been done for me I just had to re-route some of it and modify the tray in the passenger cubby hole as this is where I have installed the amp. I noticed that originally some of the speakers were not working and the sound was very very low and the sub was obviously not hooked up. This was due to the wires not being stripped enough so when they were connected to the amp the clamp was on the insulation and not the wire itself.

Sorted that all out and run a new cable from the stock Sub to the Alpine amp and now it is all back in and working. Sound is now fantastic without being over the top. Didnt get any pics as it was dark by the time I tidied everything up and got her finished off. Will grab some tomorrow in the light.

Just managed to get a pic on the daylight of where I have located the amp and fixed her down:

20160819_190110_zpsx7hjzwtw.jpg

I just need to buy a stock Bose sub cover that I can then place on instead of the cubby door to ensure enough airflow gets to the amp and she doesnt get too hot. For now though I will just prop the cubby door open when driving. Next job is to get a thin piece of wood and some black carpet and create a screen/divider of some kind that covers the boot at an angle so nobody can see what I have inside.

Edited by Erni902

Someone was selling a factory tailgate divider on here mate

What I am after mate is something to cover the boot area from the front. So if people look through the windscreen or side windows they cant see through into the boot. Something that covers the area similar to the pic below:

20160801_183308_zpskl70zp3s.jpg

Going to make something up that covers from the top of the part where the rear speakers are and goes up at an angle to the top of the strut bar.

This is a 'mod' that I get round to doing on all my cars. Where did you source the fob from and what was the cost?

Got it off eBay wasn't very expensive at all then cost my £9 to get the blade cut. Sellers name is written across the picture

b63d0f68cedd91690f8daea128dbfc58.jpg

• Like 1

I have just started as only owned mine for a couple of weeks but I have changed my interior lights to led and my number plate lights also to led.

7DDD49DA-FD1B-490F-8BC6-17D7240A0647.jpg

83A7288F-7412-4901-A464-244D1C420533.jpg

Are these an eBay find ? :D

Thanks,

Olly

Hi Olly,

Yes I got them off eBay buddy they were about £3 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using hammer and chisel!

I have just started as only owned mine for a couple of weeks but I have changed my interior lights to led and my number plate lights also to led.

7DDD49DA-FD1B-490F-8BC6-17D7240A0647.jpg

83A7288F-7412-4901-A464-244D1C420533.jpg

Are these an eBay find ? :D

Thanks,

Olly

Hi Olly,

Yes I got them off eBay buddy they were about £3 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using hammer and chisel!

Don't suppose you've got a seller/link? :)

• Like 1

Don't suppose you've got a seller/link? :)

Couldnt find a set of the lights on ebay so just bought individual ones from different sellers. I also replaced the lights above the vanity mirrors on the sun visors. Links below:

Main interior lights. Qty Supplied = 2 Qty Needed = 2:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162067658940?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Boot Light. Qty Supplied = 2. Qty Needed = 1:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201485932808?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=500665217763&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sun Visor Vanity Light. Qty Supplied = 2. Qty Needed = 2:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151582305469?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I didnt replace the number plate lights as they were already bright white so havent got a link. Hope this helps mate, I didnt do much searching I just ordered the 1st ones I saw by a UK seller. There are probably cheaper ones out there but cant really grumble at these prices anyway and I have a spare bulb aswell. I will say the boot one isnt a perfect fit and could do with narrowing the connectors it plugs into as it seems a little loose but it has stayed where it is so far.

Edited by Erni902
  • Like 1

Got it off eBay wasn't very expensive at all then cost my £9 to get the blade cut. Sellers name is written across the picture

Cheers mate thats fantastic. I always just use the original key as I have a dremel so can make it fit into the flip case :)

• Like 1

Got lights back together at last....

Couple of disappointments..DRL'S are not bright enough sadly.. and custom lighting have not managed to give me sequential Leds without a break in them for the 2nd time !

b63d0f68cedd91690f8daea128dbfc58.jpg

Hi Bob,

How easy was this to complete please? As just bought the stuff of eBay gum...

Sent from my iPad using a hammer and chisel...

It was easy enough just have to swap the circuit board over minus the jelly rubber that's inside the original key cause it doesn't all fit inside new fob. Don't forget the tiny bit of metal that is with the battery on the side of the original key (like I did and wonder why it didn't work at first 🙈😉). I used a bit of tissue to keep the circuit board in place while joining the two halves of the new key and to give the buttons the feel I wanted.

• Like 2

Not exactly today-but over the last couple of days: completely overhauled the audio system. Stripped the lot out and then fitted: focal components upfront with passive crossovers, powered by an alpine 300W amp. Then some alpine coaxials in the rear and a pioneer sph da 120 HU. Also sorted some sound deadening and insulation etc and all new wiring. Sounds absolutely incredible! And love the HU, would definitely recommend it.

Then whilst I was at it, also replaced boot, number plate and interior bulbs with leds which really look great and very classy IMO.

Also removed the boot weight so it actually pops up now! And painted and fitted some custom Zed centre caps to go with the black wheels :)

Don't worry, pics to follow when I'm back on my laptop!

• Like 3

Ok so I like to carry a toolbox around with me wherever I go. Nothing special just a set that has anything you would need at the side of the road. I have owned modified cars before and know that anything can happen. There is nothing worse than calling the AA because of a simple fix such as a turbo hose clamp needs tightening as the garage that youve just picked it up from didnt tighten it enough and it popped off on the dual carriageway when you floored it (Yes that has happened and it was damn scary especially when the engine died (after a big bang) as I was coming off the slip road meaning no power steering and no ABS!!)

Anyway I digress, the only issue with the Zed is that my tool box and anything else I have in the boot is visible from the outside of the car through the front and side windows. To combat this I have made up a type of parcel shelf that sits behind the rear speakers and heads back to meet the strut bar. I then covered it in back felt so it now blends in and from a distance looks rather factory. Could do with an orange 'Z' logo in the centre of it though:

20160826_184313_zpsczcpmd8g.jpg

20160826_184324_zpszbchkyjk.jpg

20160826_184402_zpsevmzrglm.jpg

20160826_184426_zpsl0kxxhew.jpg

Edited by Erni902
  • Like 1