Not your usual Zed replacement

Chris`I

OK, so a few of you know, and a few of you have guessed, our beloved Zippy has gone to make way for a new beast! She wasnt getting half the use she deserves and when sunny weekends (or even rainy!) rolled around, we opted to go riding rather than cruising in the car now Amanda has been bitten by the MTB bug.

Shes a VW T5 180ps bi-turbo. Currently partly converted to a camper by the previous owner, we plan to completely convert it, adding units down the off side and rewiring it all up to have sockets (12v and 240v), sink, cooker, the works. Idea is that we can now head out to the trails in style all year round. Already done, the owner has added windows all round, insulated and lined it, added LED lights and also a RIB seat bed (at £2k! :scare: ). Amanda is picking up some 18" alloys for it as I type B)

Not everyones cup of tea, but we love her all the same :teeth:

IMG_0083_zps84f515b9.jpg

user54202_pic69108_1346317571_zpse49b2505.jpg

user54202_pic70281_1347353416_zpsb7412f53.jpg

user54202_pic70283_1347354323_zpsac80e062.jpg

user54202_pic70285_1347354323_zpsb2c5b192.jpg

user54202_pic70288_1347354408_zps1828ffed.jpg

Sorry yes, should have said that the bumper and mirrors will be colour coded. Possibly the handles too. Want to fit a few sportline goodies too - thats their equivalent of NISMO. Amanda already went and collected the wheels so just need some tyres for them, then lowering springs! B)

WTF :scare:

Where was the for sale thread????

It went back to the stealers.

Yup, see the WLMG site to see what those jokers want for it ;) They made me a pretty good offer, that plus selling on my extra bits, should net me effectively the same as selling privately without the hassle. Needed to shift it quick as face lift red T5's are like rocking horse poo, let alone 180 bi-turbos, and then having the seat/bed, lining, towbar etc sold it for us.

Sportline conversions has already started, black sportline wheels are now sat in the garage. Will eventually get the front chin lip/spoiler, rear spoiler and colour coded. Oh and lowering springs of course, might need coilies eventually. Need to focus on getting the interior done though as its insured as a camper rather than a panel van (cheaper) on the proviso that the conversion is done in the next 6 months.

Will be rather like this:

large_4motionkombi_001new.jpg

• Like 1

That looks the business. One problem though.... You'll be in bed for a week everytime you detail it :scare:

Aye, I've already been trying to work out how I can get the DA up and onto the roof :lol: The nice thing compared to the Zed though, is there's masses of flat panels, not all flowy and intricate, so should be able to do a good chunk at a time with a decent size pad. Never done German paint before so that will be interesting. Might need some stronger stuff than I had for the Zed.

Had a look at the wheels properly tonight (same as the van above). They're pretty decent bit of kit considering they are from a main dealer and only £650 for the set (no tyres). Finish on them is a lovely matt back, should be easy to touch them in when we kerb them :headhurt::lol: While we're on the wheel topic, whats the usual width for 8j rims? VW suggest 235 or 255, I'm thinking of going for 255 and get a bit of rim protection.