Not your usual Zed replacement

Chris`I

Awesome! Breakfast in wales provided by you then?

If you come to our campsite :lol:

It's just a site until BBK arrives. :lol:

Does it take travelling to a different level e.g normally you just go to a b&b or a hotel. Do you have more fun in this? Does it work out cheaper including the fuel costs?

Does it take travelling to a different level e.g normally you just go to a b&b or a hotel. Do you have more fun in this? Does it work out cheaper including the fuel costs?

Its all a compromise really. Not as nice as the hotels we usually frequent and probably about the same price in real terms once you factor everything in, but for the sheer enjoyment you cant beat it. We can pack it up Thursday night, ready to head off on a Friday as soon as we get home, be in Wales/Lakes/where ever in a few ours and be nice and comfy set up in minutes (level up van, swivel the passenger seat and plug in and we're done!). Sooo much easier than camping but with all the freedom and accessibly that comes with it. So pro's and con's really, but overall, I'd say well worth it. And of course you can rock up to nice little spots like we did at the weekend, chill out, have a BBQ, watch the world go by and be in comfort all the time.

Just finished writing my letter for the DVLA to get it reclassified from Panel Van to Motor Caravan. Should mean cheaper insurance and faster speeds on the road (panel vans are limited except on motorways). Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have a new V5C in the post :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...

Well the van is now officially a "motor caravan". We can now enjoy proper speeds again (officially) and cheaper insurance. Also had her MOT'd yesterday. The tester almost didn't give her back, apparently he liked her rather a lot! Passed with flying colours, no advisories or anything. Only remark on the certificate is that the emissions are too low to register :#1::lol:

I've also ordered the Sportline front lip and will be getting her into TGM Sport for colour coding soon :teeth:

• 3 weeks later...

Well Betty is back from her facial at TGM Sport and looking awesome if I do say so myself :teeth: Great work by Will and the team once again, thoroughly recommend them if you want some work doing on your Zed or any car.

IMG_0032.jpg

Thanks all :teeth:

Wing mirrors for now will be kept silver/pewter colour. They are scratched by the previous owner so will look at replacing them but they are a dog to remove without breaking them. Of the ones I've seen colour coded, I think it looks better OEM, makes the bus look a little more streamlined.

I'll try get some more pics when we are away over Easter. But look whats coming for us to play with (should arrive today/tomorrow) - bus gets an extension :yahoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wyq2j4gTQI