iPhone 5

Adrian@TORQEN

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile...

The reaction to the announcement of the iPhone 5 may have been muted, with many of the new features widely trailed in advance, but that didn’t stop pre-orders breaking records.

More than two million pre-orders were placed in the 24 hours following its availability, according to Apple. ‘iPhone 5 pre-orders have shattered the previous record held by iPhone 4S and the customer response to iPhone 5 has been phenomenal,’ said Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. ‘iPhone 5 is the best iPhone yet, the most beautiful product we’ve ever made, and we hope customers love it as much as we do.’

Apple began taking pre-orders on Friday, but within an hour had sold out of its initial allocation and shifted despatch estimates back by a week. The company’s UK website is currently showing delivery estimates of 2-3 weeks. The iPhone 5 goes on sale in Apple retail stores on Friday and long queues are expected. In addition to those lining up in the hope of bagging a new iPhone, Apple’s retail launches have attracted so much media attention that they’ve become a magnet for publicity-seekers and those who want to promote their business or website.

and

Excitement over the iPhone 5’s imminent arrival is driving Apple’s stock to new heights. Shares of the company rose past $700 in after-hours trading Monday after closing at $699.80. Apple’s journey to a $1 trillion valuation seems to be getting shorter by the day.

All this bickering over a phone. :thumbdown:

It's like the RX8 v 350z BS all over again.

Some people like to use apple products, some don't. No need for a religious war to break out over it.

I personally don't like using Macs, the interface pisses me off. But I have owned 3 iPhones in a row as I prefer iOS than Android.

I've been using macs since 2006, love the OS and can't imagine working on a windows based PC on a daily work stuff.

Own iPads, iPhones, iPods, apple tv, airport express, macbook and macbook pro.

Meanwhile my media player acer revo runs on windows 7 with xbmc, takes at least 7 minutes to boot, windows 7 known bug, unresolvable

Few days ago I got a Nexus 7, love the android 4 for the in-car pc stuff, navigon and sygi, soon the tomtom, torque and so on, but I can't imagine using it like I'm using the iPad, it's way beyond the iOS5, talkless iOS6...

Never had any problems with Apple products, you open the lid on the macbook, start working, no crashes, no restarts, uptime it's few months, unless restart is needed after system upgrade, you finish work, close the lid, all perfect. No defrag, no antivirus, no BSOD, no windows not responding, no windows has performed... and will be shutdown, etc

How can I not advocate products that never failed me? :teeth:

I've been using macs since 2006, love the OS and can't imagine working on a windows based PC on a daily work stuff.

Own iPads, iPhones, iPods, apple tv, airport express, macbook and macbook pro.

Meanwhile my media player acer revo runs on windows 7 with xbmc, takes at least 7 minutes to boot, windows 7 known bug, unresolvable

Few days ago I got a Nexus 7, love the android 4 for the in-car pc stuff, navigon and sygi, soon the tomtom, torque and so on, but I can't imagine using it like I'm using the iPad, it's way beyond the iOS5, talkless iOS6...

Never had any problems with Apple products, you open the lid on the macbook, start working, no crashes, no restarts, uptime it's few months, unless restart is needed after system upgrade, you finish work, close the lid, all perfect. No defrag, no antivirus, no BSOD, no windows not responding, no windows has performed... and will be shutdown, etc

How can I not advocate products that never failed me? :teeth:

there's no real answer to that ('cos its all true) :scare:

except I still like my windows environment and andriod for my HTC - but still considering the IP5 - I need to find out how well the iphone will tether with my laptop - I'm often out and about and need to use the phone as my modem - anyone know ?

:thumbs:

The more people line up to hand over ridiculous amounts for these lacklustre updates, the more Apple will try to get away with it. You can bet the 5S will be an even smaller step forward.

Apple was resting on it's laurels in the 90s and trying to sue everyone for copying them... Look what happened there ;)

A phone could have a 5" screen, built in 128GB of space & expansion, 24MP camera, battery that lasts for 4 weeks and a processor that can calculate Pi to 1M places in 0.4 secs, and yet none of that would remotely factor into my purchasing decision.

A phone could have a 5" screen, built in 128GB of space & expansion, 24MP camera, battery that lasts for 4 weeks and a processor that can calculate Pi to 1M places in 0.4 secs, and yet none of that would remotely factor into my purchasing decision.

And if it had an Apple logo on it then the haters would still hate it :stir:

battery that lasts for 4 weeks

Then you sir, are mental. :thumbs:

Sure, its all a case of preference and as someone who regularly uses a 4S, an S3, and iPod Touch and an iPad2 there really isnt a world of difference between them, I do wonder how many iPhone users have treied one of the more recent versions of Android though.

What I cant get is how the Apple fanbois wont admit that technically speaking the iPhone5 isnt as advanced as the Galaxy S3 ........ if I already had a 4 why would I want a 5, particuarly as I know 4G is going to be rolled out here? :shrug:

someone who regularly uses a 4S, an S3, and iPod Touch and an iPad2 there really isnt a world of difference between them, I do wonder how many iPhone users have treied one of the more recent versions of Android though.

Read my previous posts on this page, using Android on a Nexus 7, but just because it's 7" to be able to fit it in the zed :) IT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE in terms of Android vs iOS!

My daughter which is 5 will be able to give you some serious reasons why she still prefers the iPad :lol:

someone who regularly uses a 4S, an S3, and iPod Touch and an iPad2 there really isnt a world of difference between them, I do wonder how many iPhone users have treied one of the more recent versions of Android though.

Read my previous posts on this page, IT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE in terms of Android vs iOS!

Is it? You seem to slate Windows (which I dont necessarily disagree with) but dont mention anything about Droid .........? :shrug:

iFans are always banging on about how difficult it is to use droid, but for my money the UI's for mail, calls, messages, internet, Facebook, the way the cameras work and where the settings are are all pretty generic - no-one had to teach me to use an S3, no-one has had to teach me to use the iProducts either :shrug:

Likewise, no viruses and fast boot its awesome, but upgradeable memory, replaceable batteries and Flash and Java are pretty good too. Each to their own, but Id really like to hear how Android is unreliable and difficult to use, Ive not had any problems with 4 phones now :)

You have got to be kidding me.

1. iCloud went down for a poxy 10 hours and Apple have apologised and said that the outage was unnaceptable, NOT the service.

2. So a manufacturer deliberately withholds stock to make it seem more desirable. Companies have been doing that for years: Ferrari are the best at it, but electronics companies aren't shy of using the same trick.

3. Something that isn't released may or may not work 100% correctly when it's released. Or it might, no-one knows yet.

Christ, I could give you a list of 10 things to knock Apple for if you want very easily, so why pick on complete non-stories like those? :bang: This is exactly why no-one takes fanboys seriously, of either the Apple OR Android variety.

What issue do people have iTunes?

I don't find it intuitive at all, I always have to google how to do things - I guess if you're a Mac or Windows user the menus are more familiar? Further, why do Apple lock their products to iTunes? I got given a Nano by work and can't even use it under Linux, it's an MP3 player for gods sake, why should owning that force me to use a certain application to put songs on it?

1. iCloud went down for a poxy 10 hours and Apple have apologised and said that the outage was unnaceptable, NOT the service.

What about the downtime in May, June, July... Just the latest. Still got friends with multiple iClouds that never worked.

2. So a manufacturer deliberately withholds stock to make it seem more desirable. Companies have been doing that for years

Yeah but Apple fanboys lap it up and post their press releases on forums as fact ;)

I'd never make sweeping fanboy statements that one phone/OS is better than another. Only calling people out on some ridiculous pro-Apple propaganda.

All this bickering has made me decide to go old school

Tin-Can-and-String-Telephone.jpg

if people want to spend their own cash on apple thats their choice.

i tried it and don't like it, not becuase it isn;t good, but because i've become windows institutionalised. and i'm too lazy to sit down and re learn the apple way.

to be fair non of them are all out best at everything. there are things iphone does better, and things droid does better. but neither do it all.

for me money plays a big part. i have to base my decisions on getting what i need for a sensible price. i ruled the S3 out not becuase the oneX was better but because it was cheaper.

i haven't bought any tablet yet as none of them are at the point yet where they are what i want to spend that kind of cash on.

i do think some people need to not follow so blindly as it does look like a few are posting up like cult worshipers.