Arran's Azure 350 GT, Exhaust autobahn video finally 9/10/14

Arran

Cant wait til friday Keyser im like a school kid at christmas :lol:

Cheers CS brakes will be ordered soon aswell, can you get HEL brake lines in gold? want to match the brembos B)

Jordan i want to be able to think still :boxing::lol:

Wizard i can do fella, i have a cobra resonated system at the moment so it will be complete after the Y pipe and decats are fitted so i will let you know, although it will be a fair bit louder than stock B)

Well had car all done at abbey, lovely weather getting home...... Not lol

Couldn't really test the car out but the throttle response is improved l so far, it's also now to loud for my liking with the full system so I'm going to put the stock y pipe and centre pipe back on to see how that sounds and keep the decats and cobra backbox, don't want to do it but I can't live with it like that and the mrs hates it from when i took her out in it when I got back. So may have a brand new cobra y pipe (literally will have done 50 miles) and a 500 mile old cobra resonated centre pipe for sale next weekend.

Keeping them for the power and that I won't have to go back to abbey for a tweak on the uprev as the lambdas are turned off, keeping the stock y pipe and centre won't be that restrictive so will e a minimal loss

Dave there's no vibrations just a serious increase in volume compared to the resonated cobra y pipe back on its own, decats have given a bit of a rasp which I like so hopefully it will all be toned down by the stock y pipe and centre being fitted again

No Dip not ignoring you :lol: Havent been out in a while either tbh, you coming sunday to box hill?

Sam, it sounds absolutely brutal and quite a few people have already commented on how good it sounds but its slightly to loud for me so this saturday when im fitting my carbon sills il be putting the stock y pipe and centre pipe back on to see how much quieter it is, hopefully it will be spot on then i can sell the other two bits and have the perfect setup for me

Whilst writing back i have another update to sling in the journal

Last friday when the snow was pouring i was at Abbey motorsport having the car done, First of all the guys did the stage one work for the magazine then once completed cracked on with the stage two work and tweaking the Uprev again to suit. Couldnt really test the car on the way home but one thing i did notice was the sharper throttle response.

Now the snow has pretty much gone ive 'used' the car a bit more and can definately feel a punchier mid range and greater pull everywhere in the rev range, car is now running 300bhp bang on which im happy with, gained a nice healthy 20lb ft aswell.

Got some snaps of the work being carried out:

Motordyne plenum spacer

1_zps8527f9df.png

3_zps2dd1bfcf.png

HKS hybrid filter and velocity stack

4_zps02d47008.png

Stage one parts

5_zps59d20e1d.png

Some more updates for the record, coming along quite nicely now getting ready for the road trip in June B)

Went into work today to get the standard y pipe back on, seems to have taken off some of the barky edge it had when it was all fitted so im glad its a bit quieter now. Just got to let the decats coke up and get a bit quiter now and it should be bang on then! So the pretty much new Cobra y pipe is for sale if anyones interested, il get an ad up for it very soon, its only done about 60 miles since last week!

Whilst at work i fitted my carbon sills which ive had sitting around since november :lol: Im really impressed with these, they fit like a glove! and look mighty B) really really pleased with them.

3_zps065f8d43.jpg

2_zps4d73e2df.jpg

1_zps07cb2a79.jpg

Also fitted the Samco intake hose i bought last month

6_zps43f7dd82.jpg

Stockpiling a list of bits for the trip which is slowly getting smaller, which will all be fitted a few weeks before the trip is due

Gold HEL braided clutch hose

5_zps27922346.jpg

HKS hybrid oil filter

4_zpscd351312.jpg

Next up i need to buy for the stockpile is

Gold HEL braided brake lines

Front and rear EBC yellowstuff pads

Front and rear Michelin pilot super sports

Silkolene Pro S 5w30

NGK or HKS spark plugs

Need to get the wheels refurbished and Eibach spacers done soon aswell

So there we have it for another update :lol:

Got most of this week off, so decided the day after my birthday i would crack the detailing gear out and give the Z a good going over, which has been much needed. Il be going over it again in April/June time to really finish it off but for now its good enough

First day was spent like so:

Snow foam with Valet Pro orange foam

Rinse car then wash wheels/calipers with bilberry wheel cleaner and 1" detailing brush

Rinse wheels then wash car with wool mitt, 2bm and dodo juice born to be mild shampoo

Rinse car then IronX car and wheels

Rinse car again then use megs clay and megs speed detailer as lubricant

Rewash car same as step 3

Dry using Wooly mammoth drying towel

Finishkare 425 quick detailer as overnight protection

Day 2:

Finishkare 425 quick detailer to wipe panels over

Lakeside CCS orange pad with Menzerna PF2500

Finishkare 425 wipe down on all panels

Seal finish with two layers of Zaino Z8

Before:

12_zpsa7f069e4.jpg