Arran's Azure 350 GT, Exhaust autobahn video finally 9/10/14

Arran

Cheers guys :)

Martyn I bought the hexis vinyl and took it to them, was 80 for both parts, far cheaper than I was quoted elsewhere. Done a great job on it really pleased

Pete I was thinking that the spoiler would stick it was just thinking that because the front and top have black maybe the rear needs something to tie it in aswell, I reckon il do the mirrors and go from there once I've seen photoshop pictures

Nice subtle but different look the black has added, really like it

I had my oem spoiler done in black carbon along with he door mirrors when the car was silver.

It looked great so go for it.

Looks good mate if I were you I'd do the wing mirrors in wrap but not the spoiler it will stick out like a saw thumb.

I Agree

I would say definitely the mirrors but not the spoiler, just think it wouldn't look right

Thanks all, just waiting on some photoshops to decide, will be mirrors but no spoiler I reckon, Harris the roof is already done :)

Yeah she sounds crazy with my current setup, will be changed in the not to distant future though

Thanks all, just waiting on some photoshops to decide, will be mirrors but no spoiler I reckon, Harris the roof is already done :)

Yeah she sounds crazy with my current setup, will be changed in the not to distant future though

i did spot the roof. It suits the z better than most cars I've seen with roof wrap. How will the new exhaust sound better than this!! Lol

I had a vr6 with a lovely full stainless system . Thought that sounded nice but this sounds way better. I'm looking forward to having a z with lovely sound. I don't want loud. Just need the v6 sound .

Edited by Mgharris2182

The new exhaust will be a invidia gemini true dual, so will be mated to my current motordyne art pipes (you want the best Z V6 sound these have to be part of your plan, far from cheap but so worth it) the invidia is quieter than the cobra but will sound just as good or even better on full chat whilst being a bit more civilised day to day, to finish the setup I'm looking at tomei expreme v2 exhaust manifolds. That would possibly be the best setup ever on a Z :)

Tomei manifolds > motordyne art pipes > invidia Gemini

Have you got a Z yet? It will be a entirely different level of car in every aspect to the VR6 and the VR is a good car imo

Look forward to a sound clip of this planned set up.. No not got a z yet. Just sold my 535hp rx7. And the vr6 a while ago to Building extension on house and keeping eye out for a z. I'm having to be sensible. Heart is saying spend its all on a z .brain is saying spend it all on extension. Tough choice!!

Yet another update for the books, Whilst installing the HSD coilovers I noticed that the rear subframe diff bush was leaking its fluid so thought before i head of to stelvio pass and the nurburgring next month i need to get it sorted. I had the wheel allignment done a week before at Kaizer motors and was hoping Sly wouldnt tell me i needed adjustable camber arms/bolts, but after adjusting the fronts back to normal (even when lowered around 1" or more, so you dont need front camber arms like most believe when lowering the front that much) the rear wouldnt go back beyond 2.5 degress of camber :lol: it was at 3.5! So that only meant one thing after talking to Sly about doing the whole lot in one hit, and that was to get on the phone to Mitz at Cougar Store (Again fantastic service from these guys, if anyone does need anything fast and at the best price on the market these guys cant really be beaten imo) to order the Whiteline rear subframe kit and Eibach adjustable camber arms and toe bolts. Booked in with Sly to have it all done and alligned again, Always done alot of research about places before ive taken any of my cars in for work, had a recommendation from Jordan (Smudgedon) that Sly was the man for the work. Certainly proved a great choice as all the work was done perfectly and at a more than competitive price, If anyone needs anywork done no matter what it is I do urge you to get in contact with Kaizer to see what Sly can do, really pleased ive found somewhere i can go to if i need something done thats out of my abillity, Thanks Sly

So heres some snaps of it all

15_zps79c6f1bd.jpg

17_zps7375be51.jpg

16_zps78239488.jpg

18_zpscc97ad07.jpg

19_zpsa4348132.jpg

20_zps8670eeb3.jpg

The car feels so much better to drive now, the coilovers have settled in and ive found a perfect damping setting for handling and comfort. The allignment is spot on so it holds the road perfect and the Whiteline kit has made a nice difference to the way the car shoots out of corners and accelerates as theres very little movement at the back end now, also the gearchange has got a little smoother so thats a bonus! All in all for such an unexpected big bill :surrender: the car is alot better for it and the handling is unbelievable on it now really happy with it, just aswell for all the money its cost :lol:

Not long now to the trip, all thats left to do before i go is change the oil, fit rear braided brake and clutch lines, bleed brakes and clutch out with Ate superblue, fit another new rear tyre to match the Conti Sport 3 ive had fitted today (wanted to try MPSS but have Conti's on the front and only needed one rear tyre so will get the MPSS next time round) now one has 8mm and the other 4mm may aswell get another match

So updates coming thick and fast, going to debadge the 350Z and delete the rear wiper this weekend to

Cheers

Arran

On the weekend i decided to go halfords and get the required grommets needed to delete the rear wiper, didnt pay a penny as i had some money left on a gift card, touch. Got home and followed the guide on here, ten minutes later it was done, not much effort needed at all for a much better end product imo looks so much cleaner with a wiper arm.

22_zps740748aa.jpg

Gave the beast a wash and Zaino Z8 tonight as the weather was good, anyone wanting a sealant that gives protection and a show stopping gloss thats so easy to apply should get some, honestly its the best stuff ive used for gloss and depth

21_zps80d04e9b.jpg

And in my true anal fashion after stripping all the boot plastics out the clean and protect them etc a few clips busted so had a genius idea of matching up some new BMW clips with rubber and cushion washers that sandwhich inbetween both contact points to stop any rattles etc wasnt rattling anyway but cant do any harm :lol:

23_zps19454544.jpg

Also ordered some of that enamel humbrol #54 paint to touch two of the calipers up, apparently its a perfect match so for £2 its a no brainer just two little chips bugging the hell out of me so thats another thing to tick off the list

Wheels will be getting done very soon, in need of doing i must say

Thanks Mitz, glad you managed to get whiteline around and get them straight out would have been a real pain otherwise! Excellent bushes though really have improved the rear combined with the camber arms, drives amazing now.

That's a bummer matt, at least it's not like a tenner a pot, will test it on one chip and see what it's like if its pants then il get out bodyshop guy to make some up from a sample

I'm really liking that wiper delete, looks great. Can't make my mind up whether to do mine or not. I do want to, but I do also use my rear wiper, so would miss it if it wasn't there.

It's one thing I wished I had on my previous car, so was glad when the Zed was fitted with one. Awww man.... :bang:

I'm really liking that wiper delete, looks great. Can't make my mind up whether to do mine or not. I do want to, but I do also use my rear wiper, so would miss it if it wasn't there.

It's one thing I wished I had on my previous car, so was glad when the Zed was fitted with one. Awww man.... :bang:

Rainx (or something similar) the rear window and then all water will run off anyway :) I thought I'd miss mine, but I did mine almost 2 years ago and I've not missed it :)

• 3 months later...

Well some time has passed since after the euro trip, the cars got alot planned ahead in the next couple months with some bits changed since. The enignes coming out in the next month to have the new exhaust manifolds fitted so at the same time il be renewing the rocker covers, installing a mocal oil cooler as well as a lightweight flywheel and stage one clutch, finally changing the plugs and doing a complete coolant flush, once its installed il need to get the map adjusted to the new mods. Whilst the front is off il be putting clear reflectors on the front and changing the bulbs to HID ones to finish it all.

Was at Trax on sunday, was decent for the most part bar some shite weather saw some of the forums cars and some new cars i havent seen this year at shows, some real beasts on show!

Took the top plenum off for a deep clean and the throttle body, getting it ready for the oil catch can that will come in time

20130817_154849_zps2f5770ce.jpg

20130817_153206_zpsd9f1d1bc.jpg

These are the new DC Sports ceramic manifolds, ive taken the wrap off since so i can clean and polish the coating. Should be even better with these bad boys

20130818_142904_zpsdd0f5903.jpg

Some pictures from Trax, put a new 3/4 front plate on and put my new badges on hated the old ones

20130908_101741_zps557b86fe.jpg

20130908_101824_zps422b5c17.jpg

20130908_101902_zps200592e0.jpg

20130908_101942_zps356e38cf.jpg

The wheels are temporary measure :lol: picking up my wheels from the refurbers tomorrow cant wait to get them on! Showing the new plate and badges

20130908_191755_zps1c218bbe.jpg

20130908_191940_zpsd899d4a6.jpg

Pictures dont do the badges justice they look great in person with alot more depth to them, got them from likwidart real nice finish to them

For new im gathering the last few bits before it all happens, will update once its all on :teeth:

Cheers

Arran

• Like 1

Cheers all

the exhaust does sound rather naughty :lol:

Robs badges are really nice quality fitment is great, went for gold as no one else has them and its keeping with my them

the manifolds are already ceramic coated so theres no need to wrap them, the wrap is nasty stuff to handle lol

collecting my wheels today :)