Arran's Azure 350 GT, Exhaust autobahn video finally 9/10/14

Arran

Mate ive thought about it but thats a big chunk out of a deposit fund :lol: I think il go to Abbey for the uprev tune, i dont mind travelling to Jez if hes better for it though? Decisions decisions lol

I am not knocking Jezz and would not dream of it but Abbey is on your doorstep so it makes sense!

And the reason I keep going back is the after care?

You did say you were doing the spacer yourself did you not?

Tuned exhaust, High flow panel filter. (Not Pop charger) Decats or high flow.

Down to Abbey for 09:00. on the road playing for lunch time.

Now what more could you ask for?

Yep at the end of the day you need to do what ever you feel comfy with.

:drive1

All the work will be done by myself at work yeah all I'll need is the uprev done, does make sense to go abbey though as it really isn't far no doubt in their ability either, il get on the phone to them once its ready to go B)

All the work will be done by myself at work yeah all I'll need is the uprev done, does make sense to go abbey though as it really isn't far no doubt in their ability either, il get on the phone to them once its ready to go B)

Can you still get into the car carrying all that weight lol!!

:boxing:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want de cats for there noise I want them for the power they release, but a little noise comes with it so I'm going for silenced ones. With an uprev and plenum spacer along with the de cats is there a noticeable difference to the car?

It's genuine carbon fibre mate, was in the for sale section couple weeks back so I snapped it up B)

Definatley need to get some guys together for a little noise comparison :teeth:

Over the moon with mine!

Ahh d@mn I would have snapped that bad boy up if I'd seen it! Been on the lookout for one for a while now.

Re: uprev, this will make the most difference to the car as it makes it a lot more responsive in 1st-3rd in particular. Well worth it IMO :thumbs:

Plenum spacer is supposed to be good too but can't comment personally as I don't have one.

Exhaust upgrade is really just for the noise, which as you have found out is well worth it :teeth: Have you looked at the motordyne decats and XYZ pipe with race cat? 100% MOT compliant and very tasty bits of kit :) I have these with an HKS Super Soundmaster exhaust and it's loud when you want but not when you don't (i.e. cruising on a long motorway journey). Very raspy combo though so not everyone's cup of tea. I love it though :cloud9:

• 2 months later...

Well its been a little while, but have a couple of updates now im 4 months in to ownership. Plans are coming along nicely and now i know i have a great base to start tuning the lump with thanks the the RR day at Abbey (Thanks Mark B) )

First up courtesy of Steve at Redline is my new black Nismo gearknob, shortens the throw of the change aswell as looking the danglies. Taken the decal off the top now and sourced another which ive put underneath the heater control panel to the right to keep it out the way and free from damage

350z2.jpg

350z4.jpg

Secondly from EP Racing is my new carbon fibre door sills which arrived today B) if the weather is ok tomorrow il fit them

350z.jpg

350z1.jpg

Also went on a night time drive to the new hindhead tunnel to make some noise with the Cobra, recorded a couple videos as the inner 12 year old in me said so :lol:

Just a quick photo of how she stands at the moment, not for long though :p

350z3.jpg

Comments welcome as usual :)

• 1 month later...

Got another update for the beasts journal, decided to start stockpiling some parts ready for some work being done on the Z. After the rolling road day at Abbey where i found out i have a great engine and base to start with i decided to order a few bits needed for some ever increasing smiles B):lol:

Im booked in with Abbey this friday and saturday for the stage 1 work for Japanese performance magazine which is

Plenum spacer

Velocity stack

Performance air filter

Uprev

then on the saturday il be having the following done

Cobra Y pipe

Horsham silenced de cats

Samco intake hose

Uprev'd again from friday

Also booked my Nurburgring and Stelvio pass trip for June, so really looking forward to that aswell B)

Here's some photos of the parts waiting to be fitted, cant wait!

Cobra Y pipe and H Dev silenced de cats

3_zpsf2257d21.png

1_zps2da04bdb.png

4_zpsdfabe1f3.png

Samco intake hose

2_zpseea68043.png

Pictures dont seem to be working so il correct that tonight when im home