Arran's Azure 350 GT, Exhaust autobahn video finally 9/10/14

Arran

Good read, how dirty was the inside of your plenum? i changed my drivers side cam cover at christmas and cleaned out my throttle body and both upper and lower plenums, the thing i had most difficulty with was getting the wiring harness out of the way to get the new one in.

Thanks chaps :)

My upper plenum and throttle body were ok as they were cleaned a few months back but the lower plenum had some oil sitting in the galleries so that was duly cleaned with carb cleaner and tissue all good now. If there is an oil catch tank that isnt silly money id like one but so far they are all like 60quid plus which is silly imo

Enjoying reading the updates.

Where did you get the Motordyne lower plenum aramid gasket from? a UK stockist?

Iv'e got to take my Kinetix SSV off again for a bit of work and thinking I may as well use one of these. I'm not really a lover of the metal OEM ones and always end up using instant gasket as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another update for the books! Had my interior booked in with Vlad to be carbon'd with a twist :) so last saturday saw me make my way up to the very nice Warwickshire to swap over interior, I also had booked myself in with Jack at Royal steering wheels for the return but that didnt go to plan but more on that later.

Decided for my birthday back in February that the interior needed that extra touch as much i was happy with it, it just lacked that final touch so got in touch with Vlad about doing most of what could be done in cabon, I decided to go with a black base like normal carbon with half the weave in gold and then a gold candy lacquer to finish. After swapping over bits (thanks for the time and help Vlad, Much appreciated :thumb: ) the interior now looks like this :)

Doorcard off (suprisingly easy!)

20140301_114959_zpsd2989bf7.jpg

Drivers side door card

20140301_122058_zpsbb2c6fe8.jpg

Passenger door card

20140301_144411_zps4ed40cc6.jpg

Steering wheel controls

20140309_121005_zpsfd3340a2.jpg

Complete centre console

20140309_121206_zps9455289a.jpg

Gear surround with new gaiter, black alcantara with orange stitching

20140309_121315_zps9e4841e6.jpg

Compartment lid and spare switch cover

20140309_121808_zps5ad56c8f.jpg

Top speedo trim

20140309_121958_zps85f1505e.jpg

The most important view :) the oil temp gauge will be going into the a pillar when oil cooler gets fiited

20140309_122146_zps719205d3.jpg

Carbon key case and new reverse and fog LED's

20140309_122737_zpsa682027f.jpg

Carbon speedo face trim (need to put it on asap!) with new key built up and fresh nissan badge (oh the small anal things :lol: )

20140309_130528_zps409e9030.jpg

On the way back from Vlad's, i called into Jack at royal steering wheels place to get my new wheel fiited but once my wheel was off and the new one ready to go on, Jack showed it to me and it wasnt the correct spec id asked for so after some thought i decided to go with the new one for a week while he made me another one anyway to see how i get on but went to fit it and it was clearly from a crashed car as it didnt sit right at all. Jack was very appolagetic and ive been a customer of Jack's before so i know it was heartfelt, So back my old wheel went on and the drive home was without a new wheel :( no problem though as this week Jack is doing my other one so as soon as it comes in the post il be fitting it!

So there we are for another update, there will be more over the coming weeks dont worry about that :lol:

Thanks for reading

Arran

Edited by Arran
  • Like 2

Thanks chaps, it really does make a big difference to the interior. Can't wait for the steering wheel to finish it! Then just got to get the door card armrests covered in leather then make a start on researching headlining material :)