Getting it right harder than first thought...

AMT

Yeah I know i'm bad for it... blame 'young' culture lol...dammit.

The biggest problem for you is that you need finance and dont have the cash to buy private. This really limits your choices.

Yes... it does limit me. Don't really wanna do 4-5 yrs finance as its just a waste of cash with the interest...done it..hated it, paid it off early. So would rather do 3 yrs and to do that... the 55's are the right price..(well newer ones are too but higher mileage & why not save 4K eh?), as long as i can exchange the coupe in. ..wish i hadn't mentioned the bloody wheels now... :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know i'm bad for it... blame 'young' culture lol...dammit.

The biggest problem for you is that you need finance and dont have the cash to buy private. This really limits your choices.

Yes... it does limit me. Don't really wanna do 4-5 yrs finance as its just a waste of cash with the interest...done it..hated it, paid it off early. So would rather do 3 yrs and to do that... the 55's are the right price..(well newer ones are too but higher mileage & why not save 4K eh?), as long as i can exchange the coupe in. ..wish i hadn't mentioned the bloody wheels now... :lol:

I'm young also but its all about being sensible. The bills for 350z's can be astronomical and the fuel costs are horrendous if you drive mad. Just be very careful when buying, be sensible. I do sympathize with you mate, I know exactly how you're feeling and its not easy when people are shooting you down. You're being too public with your thoughts on it which is opening you up to criticism. Best bet is, if you see one up here, give one of us a shout and we'll go check it out with you. Wouldn't publicize everytime you see one though as you can see what happens.

Get a loan instead of finance?

Does finance not have much better rates. The way the payments would be he would be better going for a more expensive car on finance to actually get something for the extra car

Hi AMT.

I suggest you open your options up. You can't have the best of everything, i.e. older car, low mileage, exact wheels etc and not pay a premium. View a car based on condition, and history, then worry about the wheels later.

Rays are not that expensive to buy second hand, new tyres on the other hand can be.

Are you checking consumable items on the zed's you have viewed? pads, dics, tyres etc? Everything adds up. Find a car that is in great condition, and don't worry about the mileage and the wheels on it. There is LOADS of cars out there, and it is a buyers market.

Why don't you sell your Hyundai for cash, save hard and buy, cash? You can get an early UK zed for £6-7k now...

I wore an old jacket of mines a few weeks ago, and had a receipt for £91 of V-Power that I put in my zed a few years back... I couldn't believe I was putting that in every week just to commute to work.

The 350z is a great car, but I certainly don't think it is worth taking 3 year finance out on a car that is 7+ year old.

Best of luck in your hunt, if you need any help.. i'm local.

Stephen

Hey, thanks! I did see this one, bit put off with the mods mind you... quite a low price too, but prob due to the mods itself maybe. Thought it was an import at first when i saw the horrid silver dash, but seems to have the UK back plate so meh. But right mileage, right colour i suppose, right year, just.. .. bad example in my eyes...visually lol

Cheers though!

EDIT for Stephen (just caught it as i posted there).

Yeah some say it is a bit mad buying an older car and financing it. But there fairly strong, 3 yrs isn't that much when your buying a car these day, at least ill know ill keep it for that long. Plus, as a bit of a car nut im after a nice GT with more power and as much kit for less. I want mine.. but pumped up, a proper performance car. And the best way into that...is the Zed, always liked them. Theres boxsters and all sorts but there stupidly expensive and for the miles. Petrol i'm not so bothered, i use enough of it as it is, consumables...meh its been thought of and discarded as im happy to pay to enjoy. I'm currently hunting all dealers/autotrader on a daily basis when im bored or have the time. I know if something decent comes up it won't last. lol The fact that they do go through fuel and cost a bit is my hope of keeping others off one :lol:

Hey, thanks! I did see this one, bit put off with the mods mind you... quite a low price too, but prob due to the mods itself maybe. Thought it was an import at first when i saw the horrid silver dash, but seems to have the UK back plate so meh. But right mileage, right colour i suppose, right year, just.. .. bad example in my eyes...visually lol

Cheers though!

Take away the Nismo badges, and I think it looks great.

I'm not much of a mod fan :shrug: I can only say that... tinted windows and shorter aerial that does me. I have put driled/grooved discs n diff pads on my coupe just now but its a pain every time pads are needed, jumping on to ebay etc. I'd rather just go to my local place i trust and go.... change the pads. lol

1. Your local place is highly unlikely to just have the correct pads in stock for the zed and you'll end up ordering anyway - through them or directly yourself it won't really matter.

2. The windows are already tinted to the maximum legal limit unless you're only talking about the rear window & the small ones behind the pillar.

3. How much hassel(l) (sic) are you prepared to go for just to get a car which happens to have the Rays on? Get a car which is a) the right colour, B) the right condition & history, c) has the right toys + d) take a look at the mileage, but if all the above are good, I personally wouldn't care too much.

Things like Rays alloys will take you about 5 minutes to buy online and another 5 minutes to swap over at your local garage.

I'm young also but its all about being sensible. The bills for 350z's can be astronomical and the fuel costs are horrendous if you drive mad. Just be very careful when buying, be sensible. I do sympathize with you mate, I know exactly how you're feeling and its not easy when people are shooting you down. You're being too public with your thoughts on it which is opening you up to criticism. Best bet is, if you see one up here, give one of us a shout and we'll go check it out with you. Wouldn't publicize everytime you see one though as you can see what happens.

ekzakely!! :blush:

If you ask Zmanalex nicely, he may even have a set of Rays in stock. Always worth asking. I'd be far more concerned about the mechanical and structural condition of the car, rather than unimportant things like wheels, in the greater scheme of things. :)

Are you sure you want to finance a 3.5 v6 for 3 years? 1 if your going to finance something get something proper like a z4m or a cayman. Secondly what do you think the zed will be worth in 3 years?

It's your money and it's 100% up to you how to spend it but if you think having a zed isn't going to be a hassle I think you will be shocked. Nissan don't know what it is half the time and if your paying Nissan part prices id get a Maserati.

I know its not exactly what you are looking for but.....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I just passed this tonight, its parked on Ferry Road at Stewart Melvilles, it looks good.

That's a freaking bargain!!!! Set of springs and spacers and she's looking stunning!

Nismo kit and wheels, stunning example if it drives well for that money :scare:

i looked for 7 months before getting mine dead set on a black one and i drive round in a silver one!!says it all really! rays are cool but wouldnt be a deal breaker for me..each to their own etc but you may end up waiting a long time for a non modded..exact colour with rays GT version!

By then you might aswell get a 370!