Firsr recollection of a zed

Stretch

What's your first recollection of a zed. Mine is queing in traffic approaching the M40 junction off the M42. Both the motorway carriageways are at a standstill and I was sat in traffic in my old S13 200SX admiring the view. Suddenly I hear an awesome roar as an azure blue zed zooms past up the empty inside exit lane, the sun was on it and it looked and sounded :yahoo: That was the first zed I'd ever seen and I was massively impressed, never thought I'd end up owning one though :lol: A few weeks later I was in the Nissan dealership picking up an oil filter for the S13 and had just aquired over twenty grand as a deposit for a house, to say I wasn't tempted would be a big lie :lol: don't think my woman at the time would have been over pleased though regardless of the beauty of the zed

Have to admit, I have no recollection - but as Fossers Falacy dictates, have seen them everywhere since I got one.

My first memory therefore would be the first one I went to see, an Azure with GT kit and Rays - still remember more the great engine noise when it started up than being wowed by the looks.

No recollection of first sights on the road for me either, I read Evo reviews of the Zed and they seemed to like it so it went on the radar.

My first recollection of my car is trying to navigate out of Southampton without a map or sat-nav :lol:

For me i think it was the Need for Speed Underground games. Loved them from then on. I remember seeing an azure in the flesh while walking my girlfriend home in maybe 2005, and it just looked amazing, i was looking in the windows saying that one day i'd have one.

This video.

Never thought I'd be able to afford to insure one after seeing this video. Bought one a couple of months later :teeth:

I'd seen them on the road before this video, but they always came across as a bit pipe & slippers to me :blush:

Mine was a black nismo kitted zed years ago when I had my RX8........filling up at the shell garage in cheter...amazing roar as it pulled away. More than compounded my thought that I'd bought the wrong car.

The dude driving looked a lot like sarnie actually but not sure he'd have been lurking around my neck of the woods.

Around my way zeds are very rare cars, so I never really saw many of them. When I did I remember finding it very hard to decide whether I liked them or not. I liked the side profile, the door handles and the front, but the back end.... I really didnt like that at all.

My mate test drove one once and he`d literally only got about 200 yards up the road and his missus made him stop the car, she got out and refused to get back in it was so quick.

Id never actually seen a zed roadster before until last year when I was looking for a BMW M3 and I saw a 54 plate zed roadster sitting in a garage show room with the roof down. Unfortunately it was sold, but I looked around it, sat in it and pretty much instantly decided I wanted one rather than an M3.

I then did some research on them and figured if i was going to get one I may as well get the best one they did, so the hunt was on for a 313 Roadster. There were only 2 within 100miles of my house for sale, so I had a look at a midnight blue one and that was the first time I actually saw a 313 and got to drive one. It was hammering down with rain and I think it was safe to say I was bricking it as I wasnt sure what to expect with 309bhp and RWD, esp in the rain.

I loved it, but didnt like the colour and the dealer would not budge on the screen price. So, I went off to see the only other one which was for sale, which was in Birmingham. Loved it, although still wasnt sure about the big bum on it. Ended up buying there & then. Again, dealer wouldnt budge on the screen price as he knew how rare they were, and had another buyer lined up who was going to buy the car the next day.

Probably one of the quickest purchases ive ever made. About 5 hours from deciding I wanted one to buying one outright for cash. Impulse buy? Maybe! But its been a lot of fun.

First zed i set eyes on was a new demonstrator 260z from a Datsun dealer in Sheppeton.

8 years later, after 2 owners i became the proud owner, unfortunately 4 years after that rust got a hold of the chassis, a common problem, and she had to be scraped, most enjoyed car I ever owned.

25 years later, back with a 350z

I think my first recollection of the 350 was in GT4, but I can't really remember it too well, then the Fairlady in GT5. Never actually seen another one out on the road until I'd bought mine, then they seemed to be popping up everywhere. First Zed I seen in the flesh was my mates 300zx drift car before he stuck it in wall :lol:

The first time I saw one in the flesh was at the A540/A550 junction (2 mills, well known accident blackspot) early on a sunny Sunday morning, a nice shiny sunset coupe was in lane 1 at the lights

Lane 2 was empty so i pulled up next to the chap who had his window down, I told him I thought he had an amazingly gorgeous car he thanked me.... lights went green and I sat there and listened to it roar.... took me about 5 seconds to move myself :lol:

Interrestinlgy, I too was in a Celica 190 and knew a 350Z would be my next car.

As a leaving present from work I was given a Palmer Motorsport Experience Day thingy - Formula Palmer Audi, JP2, Evo 6, Caterham, Go-kart, Clio Racer, etc, etc.

One of the drives was a 350z. It was in monsoon conditions, the tracks had to be closed a couple of times, so I spent most of my laps sideways with occassional sorties onto the grass, about which they seem to be totally relaxed.

From that point on I wanted one but did not achieve it until a couple of years ago :thumbs: