How to Smurfadise a Zed......**Yellow Brembos** P29

glrnet

Out of curiosity Papa Smurfy why did you not stick with the Berks with the Ark? Sure you told me at the London motor museum but cannot remember for the life of me!

They were perfect on the Milltek but would have been too loud for me with the Ark, the Ark is perfect with standard cats.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppp!! :teeth:

• Like 2

Mr Graham. Trying to message you re Incarnation but it says I cannot do so.I need to talk to you re the posibility of getting a club flag down to me for Incarnation unless you are planning to join us which would be great.

Payco

I'm very new to the Jap scene.

and not knowledgeable to exhausts at all, How come your exhaust has a fake ... tailpipe on each side?

Does it cut down on noise or something...

Sorry to sound stupid!

They are Helmholtz Resonators which help to give the exhaust it's deep non raspy note, google Helmholtz Resonance for a scientific explanation, I couldn't care less but Mr Hemholtz is my hero :)

Thanks for the reply.

The thing I love most about my new Zed is its deep warbling tone.

My concern swapping the exhaust system out was it was going to become Raspy, I really don't like that.

Your exhaust sounds fantastic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Little update, 2 new rear tyres fitted on Friday (Vreds) MOT and 4 wheel alignment yesterday at Kaizer Motors, as usual a complete pleasure Sly, and a brilliant price. :yahoo: More stuff happening next week after the Bank Holiday :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great system, I have the same on my LMB 370Z (burnt tips too).

After 1000 miles, it sounds twice as good, with a more pronounced tone throughout the range and I'm still surprised by how good the fitment is to be honest.

Why did you cut the burnt tips off though ??

You should have just gone with the SS ones and saved yourself £50 !!

I liked the burnt tips at first but couldn't really take to them so I decided to make my ARK look a bit different,

Test Fit

photo1-9.jpg

Some welding

photo5-9.jpg

Finished article

photo1-1-6.jpg

photo2-1-5.jpg

photo2-9.jpg

It won't be to everyone's liking but I'm really pleased with it, give the whole a thing a more complete look imho :)

• Like 1