Can I look at your knobs please?

twobears

Gear knobs that is :lol: I've only just got my Zed and am not intending to do much in the way of modification but I would like a nice gear knob as the current one isn't very smart. Just wondered what, if anything, I could get?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the carbon Nismo knob too shiny? No good way of saying this but, is it good to hold or will it slip out of my hand. I just know what sort of answers I'll get to this question but it is a serious one, honestly :blush:

Is the carbon Nismo knob too shiny? No good way of saying this but, is it good to hold or will it slip out of my hand. I just know what sort of answers I'll get to this question but it is a serious one, honestly :blush:

No its not too shiny at all. It feels really nice in your hand and you just want to hold on to it!

Taken from a link from Steve's page:

zcoupe_acc_lg_shiftknob_carbon_fiber.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=59504

I used to have an aluminium gear knob on my Alfa ... it was bloody cold to the touch on frosty mornings :cold:

Thanks everyone and thanks for PM Steve. I am still not sure what to do. I need to feel it and, oh, not even going to say it this time :headhurt: I wish it had a different name so that I could talk about it without all sorts of other images being evoked! I also like the orange nismo one but everything else in car is black so maybe it will look wrong? I never thought I'd need to make such decisions and it's difficult without seeing the er, knobs in question.

OMG just seen your post Neilp. No comment is all I have to say :doh:

No its not too shiny at all. It feels really nice in your hand and you just want to hold on to it!

Taken from a link from Steve's page:

zcoupe_acc_lg_shiftknob_carbon_fiber.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=59504

That is the exact one I have now, it used to belong to Doogyrev so everytime I drive my car I get to grab Doogy's knob and give it a good hard yank :winkiss:

I find it is just the right size for me, very easy to get hold of and you can either grab it and pull or just give it a quick flick of the wrist :thumbs:

I really like the look of the carbon fibre one (not so keen on yours KyleR - sorry ;) ) but would like to see it in real life before making up my mind. Your handbrake looks far nicer than mine too SpursMadDave. Can you change them too? Sorry, I do have to keep apologising for my lack of knowledge but the only way to learn is to keep asking silly questions I guess :blush:

Dave loves getting his knob out :p

Evo-R Titanium

DSC_2663.jpg

ARC Titanium

DSC_3603.jpg

The ARC one was perfect weight & shape :cloud9:

Got a HKS one now

DSC_4285.jpg

Don't like it much though, its too light and a stupid shape :dry:

I really like the look of the carbon fibre one (not so keen on yours KyleR - sorry ;) ) but would like to see it in real life before making up my mind. Your handbrake looks far nicer than mine too SpursMadDave. Can you change them too? Sorry, I do have to keep apologising for my lack of knowledge but the only way to learn is to keep asking silly questions I guess :blush:

Nothing silly about asking questions :p

Where abouts are you, if you are in the SE we meet up fairly regularly and I am more than happy to arrange a knob viewing :surrender:

The handbrake change is more difficult but not too scary, there are a few threads on here about how its done :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=57174&hilit=handbrake

This is the guide I used

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Parking_Brake_Handle_Installation

Dave, thanks for the info and invitation to view. I'm in Yorkshire though so won't be able to take you up on it, enjoyable as it almost certainly would have been :lol: I like the idea of changing the handbrake but am far too stupid to do it myself so will show your instructions to someone cleverer than myself and flutter my eyelashes :D