276 Vs 313 in the real world

Shinjuku

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i was in your position. I'd be looking at an 04/05 model - cheaper tax and +300 bhp.

Then exhaust, panel filter and uprev.

job done :)

Interesting thread, because my plan was to potentially "upgrade" to a minty low mileage 08 next year, when I have a bit more cash. Need to figure out whether the extra £4-5k would be worth it. And not only that, but also have to factor in slightly higher depreciation, insurance and VED as you say.

There is no comparison between the 313 and the earlier cars. Better car full stop.

As for performance difference there is a fair but sorry guys. That's not only from me driving both but my 2 wales runs as well ;)

For example my 313 stock with me and madmarky in....(both well over 15 stone) was much faster on on gear acceleration than Martins (martinmac) modified and with the nismo ecu.

It was not a race, just an as you go acceleration thing from 30-40 to 70.

The 313 is much more fun to drive with a revvy engine and better interior and defo worth the extra money.

Interesting thread, because my plan was to potentially "upgrade" to a minty low mileage 08 next year, when I have a bit more cash. Need to figure out whether the extra £4-5k would be worth it. And not only that, but also have to factor in slightly higher depreciation, insurance and VED as you say.

To be honest if your not worried about the tax thing. Go for the newer one, purely because its newer and the best of the breed: engine, suspension etc.

With regards to insurance and depreciation - its fantastic compared to an M3, Rx8 or Scooby.

With respect to the power issue... not in a straight line. HR - stands for high revving. What it really means is: high maintenance :p

in the real world on real roads, your only going to notice or feel horsepower differences of 30bhp.

Around a track the 313 would trump the 276.

If i was in your position. I'd be looking at an 04/05 model - cheaper tax and +300 bhp.

Then exhaust, panel filter and uprev.

job done :)

umm not +300bhp its 276 if your lucky

with all the extra gubins and a remap then yes should make about 300 bhp

Forgive me but, i thought we got a standard DE (280ps), then a rev up(300ps), then the HR (313ps) engines?

Also, i was informed that the HR zeds were completely revised, suspension, steering etc - despite minimal visible changes, perhaps i was mis-informed, perhaps its just 80% new engine and that' it? need to stop watching old fifth gear and listening to nissan dealers! lol

Forgive me but, i thought we got a standard DE (280ps), then a rev up(300ps), then the HR (313ps) engines?

Also, i was informed that the HR zeds were completely revised, suspension, steering etc - despite minimal visible changes, perhaps i was mis-informed, perhaps its just 80% new engine and that' it? need to stop watching old fifth gear and listening to nissan dealers! lol

ah you work in PS, it gets confusing on here sometimes, many quote PS as the BHP on here. i've always worked in BHP, throwing in PS just gets confusing :lol:

as for the car it did have alot of improvements, engine suspension etc, it is the better car, but it isn't miles faster. you need alot bigger BHP difference to see a wooping.

ah you work in PS, it gets confusing on here sometimes, many quote PS as the BHP on here. i've always worked in BHP, throwing in PS just gets confusing :lol:

as for the car it did have alot of improvements, engine suspension etc, it is the better car, but it isn't miles faster. you need alot bigger BHP difference to see a wooping.

Sorry i wasn't trying to be awkward, when i relate to the models of the 350z refer to PS - so i guess the models would be, 276, 297 then 308 bhp??

But I do think around a track the HR would do a lot better, revised suspension and engine goes a long way.

obviously that gap would be closed with an uprev, ARBs, chassis stiffening, shocks etc :lol:

And i completely agree, anything upwards of at least 30bhp is noticeable.

And the early DE dispstick is the WORST in the world... well its not worse than having no dipstick *BMW ahem*! - STOOOOPID!

Sorry i wasn't trying to be awkward, when i relate to the models of the 350z refer to PS - so i guess the models would be, 276, 297 then 308 bhp??

But I do think around a track the HR would do a lot better, revised suspension and engine goes a long way.

obviously that gap would be closed with an uprev, ARBs, chassis stiffening, shocks etc :lol:

And i completely agree, anything upwards of at least 30bhp is noticeable.

And the early DE dispstick is the WORST in the world... well its not worse than having no dipstick *BMW ahem*! - STOOOOPID!

agreed it all makes a difference but its also heavier, i think the documented 0-60 times are only about 0.2-0.4 different i think the 309 would cross the line first, half a car behind it would be the 298, and half a car behind that the 276. i don't think that we're looking at 100-200 yards difference.

309 is it a better car... does it have better interior...yes is it worth the difference in price.... yes would it give the 276 an arse wooping... no

:lol: Dipstick on the HR is easier to remove and replace :thumbs:

It's why i upgraded from a 276! Four grand well spent if you ask me :teeth:

Oh, and the bonnet bulge...

And the nicer interior...

And the cupholders....

And the nicer lights....

And the rarer paint colours...

And the revvy engine that feels as good stock as my UP Rev'd 276 did...

And the, erm, the, erm, the fact that it isnt a 370z... :blush:

If i could afford a 370z i would have bought one. Im not jealous of 370z owners at all...honestly. Im not. B'stards! B)

:lol: Dipstick on the HR is easier to remove and replace :thumbs:

It's why i upgraded from a 276! Four grand well spent if you ask me :teeth:

Oh, and the bonnet bulge...

And the nicer interior...

And the cupholders....

And the nicer lights....

And the rarer paint colours...

And the revvy engine that feels as good stock as my UP Rev'd 276 did...

And the, erm, the, erm, the fact that it isnt a 370z... :blush:

If i could afford a 370z i would have bought one. Im not jealous of 370z owners at all...honestly. Im not. B'stards! B)

You'll get there ;)

I started with a 276 then a 296 and now have 345, but the fact the standard 370 engine internals are coping with up to 600bhp is something that has not escaped my attention :teeth::lol:

I cant see myself buying a 370z at all tbh. It just doesnt push my buttons. The 350z is now a track toy so on the hunt for something else. Looked at skyline r34 gtr's, infiniti g37s, bmw 760li, bmw m5..... I fancy so many but i'm unsure whether to go comfort or sports again.

I have a sports car and a hot hatch at the moment so I think the only thing missing from the collection is a big powered cruiser like 760, or m5...