276 Vs 313 in the real world

Shinjuku

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having owned both (ok the Roadster Mk 1 was a heavier car but even taking that into consideration ) I would go for the 313 as it is much more responsive. Just a pity they failed to sort out the poor clutch/gearbox match on the later cars. They waited until making the 370z to get it sorted ;)

I kinda skimmed the middle pages, so please... forgive me lol. As I see it this post lays out an interesting challenge to anyone who likes to go to things such as...Crail etc lol. A bit of stock 276 v 300 vs 313 would do nicely B) . I'd be interested in the results as I'm eyeing for a 300 lol. 313 if I'm lucky and the dealer doesn't feel like bumpin; me too much :blush:

Thanks for the replies all. Very interesting. I have a 276 model so im quite pleased that there is not a lot in it in performance terms.

Seems to be the forum wisdom that an uprev remap is worth doing. Am I right in thinking that makes the car more free reving and akin to its 313 cousin?

I cant see myself buying a 370z at all tbh. It just doesnt push my buttons. The 350z is now a track toy so on the hunt for something else. Looked at skyline r34 gtr's, infiniti g37s, bmw 760li, bmw m5..... I fancy so many but i'm unsure whether to go comfort or sports again.

I have a sports car and a hot hatch at the moment so I think the only thing missing from the collection is a big powered cruiser like 760, or m5...

Over analysis leads to paralysis...

Just do it although Amg's are much cheaper to run :thumbs:

I cant see myself buying a 370z at all tbh. It just doesnt push my buttons. The 350z is now a track toy so on the hunt for something else. Looked at skyline r34 gtr's, infiniti g37s, bmw 760li, bmw m5..... I fancy so many but i'm unsure whether to go comfort or sports again.

I have a sports car and a hot hatch at the moment so I think the only thing missing from the collection is a big powered cruiser like 760, or m5...

Over analysis leads to paralysis...

Just do it although Amg's are much cheaper to run :thumbs:

Test drove a c63 amg. Forgot to add that to the list :cloud9:

i have a 57 reg z and left a 54 plate standing about 6 weeks ago so in my view from what i saw that day the HR is much faster maybe not 0 to 60 but 50 to 130 or so it didn't stand a chance 350 :boxing:

Glad to hear all the positive feedback on the 313. For a while I thought I was going mad as when ive mentioned that my zed has been as quick "on the road" from 30mph upwards with a couple of other cars such as an audi tt rs, a bmw 335i or even a z4m, ive had people say "oh they cant have been trying" - when on paper theres very little difference in performance and even less difference on the road.

I think a lot of people on here have only had experience of the older 276bhp zeds which are a totally different kettle of fish.

The 309 is considerably better to drive than the 296, but I've only limited experience of the 276 models so couldn't really say how much better the 296 is over the 276. I'd have swapped my old 296 for a 309 without question if the right car had been available.

i have a 57 reg z and left a 54 plate standing about 6 weeks ago so in my view from what i saw that day the HR is much faster maybe not 0 to 60 but 50 to 130 or so it didn't stand a chance 350 :boxing:

Glad to hear all the positive feedback on the 313. For a while I thought I was going mad as when ive mentioned that my zed has been as quick "on the road" from 30mph upwards with a couple of other cars such as an audi tt rs, a bmw 335i or even a z4m, ive had people say "oh they cant have been trying" - when on paper theres very little difference in performance and even less difference on the road.

I think a lot of people on here have only had experience of the older 276bhp zeds which are a totally different kettle of fish.

Not wanting to rain on your parade stew, but the consensus seems to be that the way the later models drive is nicer and the interior is more refined but in terms of direct speed there is not a lot in it from those with a considered view of the issue.

Posts like these make me laugh :lol:

The 309 is considerably better to drive than the 296, but I've only limited experience of the 276 models so couldn't really say how much better the 296 is over the 276. I'd have swapped my old 296 for a 309 without question if the right car had been available.

+1 from what drove of the 276 it seemed to run out of revs before it should tbh whereas my 296 revs and revs. The interior is the thing that actually swayed me to buy the 296, and of course the nismo kit. If there was an hr nismo the same I would have bought it tbh.

+1 from what drove of the 276 it seemed to run out of revs before it should tbh whereas my 296 revs and revs. The interior is the thing that actually swayed me to buy the 296, and of course the nismo kit. If there was an hr nismo the same I would have bought it tbh.

Thats where you need the cars side by side though. Yes the Revup engine revs higher, but it has less torque lower down. Whether or not this actually makes a difference on a track I have no idea. An educated guess would say the Revup would have it on the track and standard DE would have it on normal driving (ie when not at 9/10ths). Its all perception though until you get them next to each other.

Going between one and the other I've never noticed any massive difference where you say "wow" thats a lot quicker. The only one thats done that to me was going from an original VQ35DE to the VQ37VHR. Talking only about stock engines, no NOS, FI etc.

Thats where you need the cars side by side though. Yes the Revup engine revs higher, but it has less torque lower down. Whether or not this actually makes a difference on a track I have no idea. An educated guess would say the Revup would have it on the track and standard DE would have it on normal driving (ie when not at 9/10ths). Its all perception though until you get them next to each other.

Going between one and the other I've never noticed any massive difference where you say "wow" thats a lot quicker. The only one thats done that to me was going from an original VQ35DE to the VQ37VHR. Talking only about stock engines, no NOS, FI etc.

My car with remap was evenly matched with George's 370z on track. There's a vid on YouTube. You could see the extra torque come into play coming out a corner but once my car was moving the 370z couldn't get away on the straights at all.

What everyone's got to remember is that everybody drives different. All these cars are good cars. The minimal differences are not to be worried about. This has turned into a willy swinging topic.

Just buy a car and drive it and have fun. You can only **** with the **** you've got :thumbs:

My car with remap was evenly matched with George's 370z on track. There's a vid on YouTube. You could see the extra torque come into play coming out a corner but once my car was moving the 370z couldn't get away on the straights at all.

But Georges car with all mods and a remap would be another question altogether ;) (370z gaining much more from a map than the 350z)

But Georges car with all mods and a remap would be another question altogether ;) (370z gaining much more from a map than the 350z)

No doubt but then you've got to take into account the driver also :lol:

Yup. I think from now on whenever we have these "how much power/difference/etc" thread, my default answer will be to lock it and suggest driver training unless they already are a pro race driver :lol:

Lol defo. The fact is the likes of Lewis Hamilton could probs destroy me driving a 370z on track with him driving a buggered 278 model. There's just no point in comparing cars. I admit I get drawn in but these threads are a waste of time lol

+1 to previous comments.

You'd go for the 313 (or perhaps 300)

-lights

-Slightly diff front bumper

-INTERIOR (silver makes alllll the difference lol)

-Better colours (even the silver looks goood)

-Revier engine (I'M TOLD...) lol

Just looks newer. The clear lamp 276's starting to look a bit ...old dare I say it. You'd be amazed how subtle changes lift a car...

You won't say wow what a difference between a 313 and a 276 but the difference is very noticeable full stop. I can't see the point of so many posts.....if you can go for a 313 it's worth the extra dosh. :)

As for the track they will both make you smile...it's how you drive the car and not how fast it is. You can slide nicely a 100bhp car on a track and have fun...and it won't cost you an arm and a leg....and a kidney....and a lung!!! :lol: