276 Vs 313 in the real world

Shinjuku

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be suprised. The 313 shifts and is very very smooth compared to the 276

not doubting neil as the car adged they developed and smoothed it out. i'd say the last one they did was the best version, smoothest gear change best delivery of power etc. the earlier ones are a bit more raw.

but if you look at them on paper all 3 are very very similiar, i'd say there would be no more than maybe half a car to a cars length in it.

i suppose it might dpeend on which track you put it on etc but even then its going to be a gnats testicle in it.

I drove quite a few of the different zeds last year in wales, both coupes and roadsters and was really suprised how differently they drove.

For me ian101010's 296bhp 2nd generation roadster had more poke all the way through the gears than any of the others and it was stock. However the difference was not significant and i enjoyed every one.

+1

The extra revs alone make it a more exciting car to drive, even above the 296 cars. Wring its neck and fall in love.

don't doubt it,

but the question was how much is there between them on a drag or circuit. not saying the older ones are better, just saying there is not a lot in it

about bugga all ......................................

later ones have higher BHP but less torque and weigh more = faster top speed

but all are limited to 155 mph

Unless you :teeth: have had the limiter removed then its abit more than 155

Yes it is noticeable between a 276 and a 309 but its not that much that day to day you would wish you had one over the other. On the track the driver will make a much much bigger difference. You'd be far faster around the track in the 276 having had driver training (assuming you're not already a race driver!) with the change, than driving a 309 and no training.

The interior on the other hand is enough for some to justify the price difference, thats what'd sway me one way or the other.

Yes it is noticeable between a 276 and a 309 but its not that much that day to day you would wish you had one over the other. On the track the driver will make a much much bigger difference. You'd be far faster around the track in the 276 having had driver training (assuming you're not already a race driver!) with the change, than driving a 309 and no training.

The interior on the other hand is enough for some to justify the price difference, thats what'd sway me one way or the other.

Yep having the facelift interior was a must for me and I couldn't find any hr engined car with nismo kit at a decent price at the time, so I went for the revup car.

That minuscule amount of extra torque the 276 car has isnt noticeable on track at all. Buy a rev up car 313 car and map it and the torque will almost be the same if not more.

In a straight line there is a noticeable difference as shown in videos I put up from Wales track day last year. My car was far faster in a straight line than the 276 albeit I have it mapped with some mods but still the 300ps version.

I have been in many zeds and some feel fast and some don't which is bizarre. I think there are some real rough cars out there and some which run better standard.

From my experience, the 313 feels a lot smoother and more "revvy" than the older engines. For me its a nicer car to drive, but if you are simply talking about real world "on the road" performance, I would not expect there to be anything much in it at all. In order for a car to be significantly quicker on the road you need quite a big difference in performance.

Yep having the facelift interior was a must for me and I couldn't find any hr engined car with nismo kit at a decent price at the time, so I went for the revup car.

That minuscule amount of extra torque the 276 car has isnt noticeable on track at all. Buy a rev up car 313 car and map it and the torque will almost be the same if not more.

In a straight line there is a noticeable difference as shown in videos I put up from Wales track day last year. My car was far faster in a straight line than the 276 albeit I have it mapped with some mods but still the 300ps version.

I have been in many zeds and some feel fast and some don't which is bizarre. I think there are some real rough cars out there and some which run better standard.

but your comparing 2 different drivers 1 modded and 1 not.

we're talking about bone stock, from factory, identical conditions, same driver etc etc there is not alot in it. the new ones might drive better have better interior are smoother etc etc but they will all cross the line pretty much at the same time i would say your talking about half a car to a cars length between each model so at most between a 276 and a 309 a car gap between them. which in racing terms is not a lot, and a good driver in a 276 against an average driver in a 309 could make that up and more.

there is no disputing the 309 is the better car, you'd expect it to be after 7 years of development from the original and an engine which is 75% different from version 1.

+1

Very true, I test drove a couple and it almost put me off!

I got a good one but when I had syncro issues and clutch went it drove like a pig :thumbsdown:

+1

Very true, I test drove a couple and it almost put me off!

I got a good one but when I had syncro issues and clutch went it drove like a pig :thumbsdown:

it was found a while back especially with the early ones that they were way off their advertised 276, some were as low as 250 or 240 bhp.

it was found a while back especially with the early ones that they were way off their advertised 276, some were as low as 250 or 240 bhp.

I do now wonder how many of those were running 95RON though. There certainly were a few on RR days (Surrey RR for one), which is quite alarming knowing what we do now, and not sure how they werent picked up as knocking by the tech. Dont remember SRR having an aftermarket knock sensor, but Eurospec had one hooked up to my car when they dyno'd it - albeit it was running 99RON so they didnt detect knock.

Real world wise, I dont think you will see any difference on the track, as I said above, you'd go quicker with driver training. I'd expect you need to step up to a 370z to notice some real difference, and even then stock for stock, it wont be a huge difference. Although taking my old 276HP 350z vs ~350HP 370z, there is a very noticable difference, mainly in how quick the 370z picks up.

...another good reason for the dyno and uprev :thumbs: you know you are getting the full power version!

with an uprev if your starting point was 250 it would only just be bringing you back up to about 276.

but as you said it would be giving you the best version of that car.