Zed market value

350Chris

Afternoon all, long time listener, first time caller - LOVE the show! :wave:

I am currently in the market for a stunning 350 and have been doing my research (for far too long)

An interesting looking prospect has come up that I am going to go and see this weekend. Having seen some of the sold prices recently - I would like some guidance on what people think that this spec should be commanding in Earth pounds;

Gunmetal 2004 350Z

GT Spec, no Nav

Rays

31,000 on the clock

Milltek exhaust system

Fresh MOT and pretty standard after that

I appreciate that at the end of the day it is worth what anyone will pay for it - I would say late £7k's, does that sound realistic?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Because of the Rays and low miles i'd say about 7.5k in todays market. Wouldn't add a penny for the exhaust, not because it's good, but because pretty much every single aftermarket upgrade loses pretty much 100% of it's value come sale time if it's still on the car.

i would have said about £6.5k to £7k

This.

It's an 8-year old car after all, just depends on whether you consider low mileage a priority. That's less than 4K a year, could still be some gremlins hiding in the system possibly. Not saying I wouldn't go for it because of that (I would), but sometimes the higher mileage stuff can be in better condition than the car that's been babied all it's life.

After buying mine early Feb you should be looking at paying between 7.5k-8k if its as good as it sounds :)

No idea why people are saying as low as 6.5k, imports are selling for that price with higher miles..

Thanks All,

That is about what I expected would come back.

I am concerned that there may still be gremlins waiting to rear their head - gearbox, clutch, rear axle etc. owing to the low milage. It does have a FNSH which I will go through to see what has been done and see if there has been any done under warranty.

Having pretty much built my current car, I am not afraid to pick up the spanners to fix things - but I would rather not have to tinker with it's oily bits the weekend I pick it up!

If nothing else it will give me another option as I am looking at a couple

After buying mine early Feb you should be looking at paying between 7.5k-8k if its as good as it sounds :)

No idea why people are saying as low as 6.5k, imports are selling for that price with higher miles..

because you tend to find owners clubs over value their cars compared to what the rest of the world value them at.

with petrol getting ever more expensive by the month you'd be suprised at how fast the value of a big engine car starts to drop. people who can't afford to run them want rid quick so sell low, and those looking to buy want a bargain because they are buying a big engine in expensive times. Dealerships offer low PX on them as they know they'll struggle to shift a big engine compared to an eco car.

31k miles means it's almost time for a new clutch...

This is not true. There is many cars on here with much much higher mileage still on original clutch. I'm on late 20k's on original clutch with a good few miles on track having its arse kicked.

because you tend to find owners clubs over value their cars compared to what the rest of the world value them at.

with petrol getting ever more expensive by the month you'd be suprised at how fast the value of a big engine car starts to drop. people who can't afford to run them want rid quick so sell low, and those looking to buy want a bargain because they are buying a big engine in expensive times. Dealerships offer low PX on them as they know they'll struggle to shift a big engine compared to an eco car.

Value wise, a UK car with this spec is not £6.5k though. Had a quick scan on AutoTrader and they are minimum £8k mark for private sale. Although this isn't the actual sale price, I am sure they aren't selling some 25%-30% lower than that.

As for 'club owners' - I am actually finding a lot of the valuations on here under what is being offered on PH, AT and the like. If this is based on people monitoring many actual sales over many months then fair enough, but it seems the opposite is happening, that on here the valuation is too harsh :shrug:

Value wise, a UK car with this spec is not £6.5k though. Had a quick scan on AutoTrader and they are minimum £8k mark for private sale. Although this isn't the actual sale price, I am sure they aren't selling some 25%-30% lower than that.

As for 'club owners' - I am actually finding a lot of the valuations on here under what is being offered on PH, AT and the like. If this is based on people monitoring many actual sales over many months then fair enough, but it seems the opposite is happening, that on here the valuation is too harsh :shrug:

The problem is that there is many people on here that are ex owners who sold them a while back similar spec for similar money. The assumption on price is made on a drop from what they sold theirs for a year or two back When, in fact, the zed is coming to a point where the prices are dropping at a far slower rate. Of course they're still dropping but not very fast. It is these people that are causing the decline on prices.

I myself have never seen a low mileage decent specd zed going for 6k. I have however seen some real dogs go for that.

This is not true. There is many cars on here with much much higher mileage still on original clutch. I'm on late 20k's on original clutch with a good few miles on track having its arse kicked.

Only quoting from what I read elsewhere. Apparently they average about 40k until a new clutch is needed and mine was changed but he previous owner at 35k due to slippage. I also seen one for sale with 28k on the clock with a very low price tag because it was in need of a new clutch.

But if you guys are getting 70k+ out of them, that's great, hopefully i'll be able to get the same as the new clutch has been on for 30k atm.

Only quoting from what I read elsewhere. Apparently they average about 40k until a new clutch is needed and mine was changed but he previous owner at 35k due to slippage. I also seen one for sale with 28k on the clock with a very low price tag because it was in need of a new clutch.

But if you guys are getting 70k+ out of them, that's great, hopefully i'll be able to get the same as the new clutch has been on for 30k atm.

Its all to do with how it's driven tbh. Burnouts will kill it quickly, no doubt. Lots of motorway miles and it will last a lot longer.

Its all to do with how it's driven tbh. Burnouts will kill it quickly, no doubt. Lots of motorway miles and it will last a lot longer.

big +1 on this, if driven properly the clutch will last fine if driven badly it doesnt fair well.