Your favourite car ever...

LRF4N

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already owned my realistic dream car. When it was released in 2003 I was determeined to have one someday.

In March 2007 I told the Mrs I was going to buy one at the end of the year and she said OK. :yahoo:

The OK was the green light for shopping to begin :lol: and in June 2007 I took delivery:

Gallardo.jpg

Spent £4k on a decat Tubi set up and I've not heard anything like it. If I was spending the same money again, i'd buy another one, nothing else.

The only thing that really grabs me above this sort of car would be a Zonda F :cloud9:

i'd love to own one of those, i would have put it on my list, but i can;t spell it :blush:

My dream is to have a garage with 9 doors ... each door would be visible from the lounge of my house, and of course, be activated remotely ... there would be a dream car behind each door ... I would then sit in my lounge, look at each car, and then decide which one to drive dependent on the journey type and the weather ... I would have a similar set up at my villa in the sunshine ... but then

... I've always been a greedy b@$td :teeth::blush:

My dream is to have a garage with 9 doors ... each door would be visible from the lounge of my house, and of course, be activated remotely ... there would be a dream car behind each door ... I would then sit in my lounge, look at each car, and then decide which one to drive dependent on the journey type and the weather ... I would have a similar set up at my villa in the sunshine ... but then

Yes, you are a greedy bugger, most would be happy with one :p

Liam what age were u when u bought the lambo?

I have a theory- u can't buy ur dream car before ur 40th birthday cos no car after that will compare :lol:

You wouldn't believe how true that is! It's like having Angelina Jolie as your first girlfriend; nothing else afterwards can compare :blush::lol:

PS: I was 28 :thumbs:

I love the 458 Italia :cloud9:

It's only been out 10 minutes!

In all honesty the list of my 'dream' cars would mostly be cars that were created before I was born. There would be a handful of nearly modern machinery.

This is in my lotto win ultimate dream garage.....

Oh and a veyron wouldn't even nearly get a look in on it.

In all honesty the list of my 'dream' cars would mostly be cars that were created before I was born. There would be a handful of nearly modern machinery.

But as a petrolhead can you not appreciate the engineering that went into the Veyron. It's not about how fast it is but it's about how it does it, and with so little effort and so much comfort.

I know, there aren't many new cars that I feel that way about. I'm not a massive Ferrari fan either but I reckon the design is spot on and it sounds like a good steer too. In 20 years I reckon people on forums will be voting for this in the same way as we are the 250 GTO now.

I have to admit, my favourite cars tend to come from the here and now. I could list you half a dozen dream cars from the last year I want, but only the same number from, say, 1960 to 2000. Old cars don't really float my boat too often, whereas some of the newer stuff excites me very much.

But as a petrolhead can you not appreciate the engineering that went into the Veyron. It's not about how fast it is but it's about how it does it, and with so little effort and so much comfort.

I'm a petrolhead and an Engineer. I do appreciate the engineering but it just doesn't stir my loins. It leaves me cold to be honest. Sure it's mind boggling how good it is but I wouldn't want a picture of it on my wall as it's not attractive to me (subjective) and a dream car should basically give you a semi at the thought of it and a full lob on when you see it and hear it start. For girls, you can translate to other pant based reflexes.

Take Lambos, the Gallardo is magic. I'm lucky that I've experienced a few and the Superleggera is mind blowing. A Murci is a dream machine but not my dream. Countach? Never really did it for me. The lambo I love the most and the one that I'd most like to own is the Muira. I believe it's not that good to drive however it's the one that stirs emotion in me the most.

Chris Evans had your dream garage on Top Gear :thumbs:

I'm a petrolhead and an Engineer. I do appreciate the engineering but it just doesn't stir my loins. It leaves me cold to be honest. Sure it's mind boggling how good it is but I wouldn't want a picture of it on my wall as it's not attractive to me (subjective) and a dream car should basically give you a semi at the thought of it and a full lob on when you see it and hear it start. For girls, you can translate to other pant based reflexes.

Take Lambos, the Gallardo is magic. I'm lucky that I've experienced a few and the Superleggera is mind blowing. A Murci is a dream machine but not my dream. Countach? Never really did it for me. The lambo I love the most and the one that I'd most like to own is the Muira. I believe it's not that good to drive however it's the one that stirs emotion in me the most.

Fair play!

My theory is that your favourite car is decided upon when you' re a child and that choice will stick with you for life.

In the first few posts I noticed that- the older members were posting older cars. I remember having posters of a countache on my wall but when the doable came out I was older and appreciate it more. The way the diablo looks is the way us boy racers modify to look

Chris Evans had your dream garage on Top Gear :thumbs:

That's what I was thinking :lol:

LRFAN, Its a Ferrari 250GTB.

Im growing ever fonder of these by the day however. Somewhat more affordable than the £12m+ 250GTB's too :lol:

L-Ferrari-Dino-1.jpg

How things have moved on, looking at the rim/tyre profiles on that Dino :wacko:

......and compare with my favourite the Mclaren F1, which is no spring chicken now

mclaren_f1_005.jpg