I would like a 350z..........looking

Finstella

Hello,

I currently have a fiat coupe, 2.0v turbo which as failed its MOT......marginally. So I am looking to upgrade, re invest and the 350Z fits the bill.

I have been saving cash and am ready to take the leap. I understand that the running cost are significant, so have placed my pockets at below 5k (ideally around 4).

I do like the leather and a couple of toys, although must stress that mods don't flick my switch, so thought a GT may suffice.

Please could I have some thoughts on:-

Good Stuff

Bad Stuff

any interested, loving homes for my beloved Fiat Coupe.

I made a little something to share my feelings a little clearer.

Athletic 34 year old seeks, sleek, tidy, sporty type, with a zest for life and enjoys leather trim to share excitement, thrills and settle down with.

Fin

:welcome:

what exactly do you mean by running cost, servicing is cheap and generally parts are too especially from some of the traders here. Yep fuel is gonna cost a bit with average mpg 22 around town up to around 30 on the motorway.

I struggle to think of a bad point. The only real one for me is the paint can be a bit thin so prone to stone chip.PLenty of good points. Just take a test drive and you'll see.

I have been saving cash and am ready to take the leap. I understand that the running cost are significant, so have placed my pockets at below 5k (ideally around 4)

Are you saying you're looking to pay around 4-5k for one? If so you may be disappointed in your options. You might get an ancient high mileage low spec import for 5k but prices for UK GT-pack cars in good nick are still over 6K generally.

Good luck with your search :thumbs:

DB

If your worried about running costs then I wouldn't suggest buying a car at the absolute dreg end of the market......not unless you want to risk being bludgeoned with an even higher repair cost when the engine blows.

Good luck hunting and have a read around the several thousand treads we have on the good stuff and bad stuff. :thumbs:

:welcome: to the forum Fin

I take it from your 'personal add' you're looking for leather seats? You will not find a decent zed with a GT pack for under £5k - at least not one that you won't have to spend a significant amount more on to get it 'sorted'. You need to budget for between 6.5-8k for a decent example. Although as previously noted you may find a high mileage / early import basic spec for around the £5k mark - good luck with your search :thumbs:

If your worried about running costs then I wouldn't suggest buying a car at the absolute dreg end of the market......not unless you want to risk being bludgeoned with an even higher repair cost when the engine blows.

+1 :thumbs:

We are sadly seeing a few buying on a shoestring and having to let them go all too soon. Its not going to be a cheap car to run and maintain, and thats before you get into modding. Just make sure your pockets are going to be deep enough so you can really enjoy what the ZED has to offer, for more than 5 minutes.

Your options

Import

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

CAT-C (in case your not sure what this is .....it doesn't refer to the engine purrrring)

170k on the clock (only 68857 miles less than the distance from the Earth to the moon which could be a good talking point at dinner parties)

Unfortunately all at 5k which is a grand over your preferred 4k.......I'd have a rethink personally.

Thank you all for comments. This is exactly the heads up that I needed.

Saving a little more seems the best idea.

This was 4 to 5 included from the fiat sale.

Keyser, will look forward for you coming back to me in a few week, you may well be my first consideratio of my hard earnt cash.

Cheers all, ill keep mooching.

Fin