Remap - Now have 442 BHP!

Sam Mcgoo

My Zed is with Mark at Abbey, I had a new Uprev GT MAF fitted after suffering a little flat spot I wasn't happy with.

The new MAF meant that it had to be completely Re-mapped.

Mark's emailed me the results and I'm pretty happy, hopefully my flat spot has gone and a nice bonus is that he's managed to get an extra 20 horses out of her. But more than that, there is a nice increase in torque along the whole curve which should be noticeable when pushing along.

:drive1

Results -

401.6 HP @ Hubs = approx 442 HP @ fly (450 for the Pub ;) )

336 lbft Torque

The BLUE on the graph is the latest plot, the Yellow is last year.

sam_mcg_1-1.jpg

sam_mcg_2.jpg

Spot on :#1:

Bet you're pleased with that :thumbs:

Yeah, It'll do for now. :teeth:

You'll be next eh?

Did you have it mapped first without the MAF then fitted it? I assume its a bigger one, in which case it will send a map mental. Good to see more great work from Abbey sorting it out :drive1

I did have an uprated Uprev Maf fitted but suspected it wasn't 100%. Uprev have since brought out the improved GT Maf which apparently has better resolution.

Glrnet and i saw her there yesterday. They are taking good care of her and mark did seem very pleased with what they had done.

Nice one you must be very pleased :)

Good to know she's being looked after. Just wanna drive her again now. :bounce:

Nice one B) That can't be a MAF alone doing that ? :wacko: (or can it?)

Is your engine built? (didn't think you had one...)

and SC is so progressive (on graphs anyway), bet you cant wait to get some 20 ponies to play with :lol:

Wasso, get on with it! :dry:

(talk to Sasha / BoostedP and get a single pot, would love to see someone getting that for the RHD market)

Nice one B)

Is your engine built? (didn't think you had one...)

and SC is so progressive (on graphs anyway), bet you cant wait to get some 20 ponies to play with :lol:

Na, not a built engine. Just a low mileage stock DE at heart. It is really progressive. Not as scary/exciting as a turbo when all the torque comes online at once but much to my surprise, I think I prefer it. It makes it so much more predictable when pressing on. When over taking / driving in the wet you don't need to worry about breaking traction from a big unexpected surge of torque.(unless you want to that is :evil: )

Great numbers Sam :thumbs:

Hope to find out what mine will do soon :)

Cheers Chris. I'm watching your thread with great interest (read jealousy :lol: )

Good result :thumbs:

Nice, smooth graphs there! Mark fitted and mapped the UpRev GT MAF for me last week, a worthwhile mod when you're running that amount of power.

Great result B) ... the drive home will be fun :yahoo:

:cloud9: figures we would all like to see. Nice work :thumbs:

Cheers :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mate,

Pretty much exactly what Mark got for me out of my car...

What pulley size you running and any supporting mods; cats or decats, headers, etc...?

Vortech Polished V2 S/C with 3.33" Pulley

Uprev GT MAF Sensor

Kinetix SSV Inlet Manifold

Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

AEM Return Fuel System

Deatschwerks 600cc Injectors

Invidia G200 true dual exhaust

Japspeed Decats

Vortech Front mount Intercooler

Maxflow racing bypass valve

JWT Oil pan spacer

Wow, you making a lot of power for 3:33 pulley man...! Mark's dyno's a little generous me thinks...! :lol:

Those breathing like headers and decats I was under the impression would lose us power because of reducing the amount of boost but clearly not.

I'm making 444bhp / 380lb peak and have got:

Vortech V3 S/C with 3.13" Pulley

Uprev GT MAF Sensor

Stock Manifold

Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

CJM Stage 0 Return Fuel System

Walbro 255 pump

5Zigen Exhaust

Inchiba Y-pipe

Berk Decats

Vortech bypass valve

______

Dyno was done with stock cats in place. I've since removed them but no remap yet.... Wonder if changing the headers and remapping will yield any gains. Any thoughts Sam?

Wizard can you please post some photo's of your car up? Want to see your nos install :thumbs: Obv cant get to pod on saturday so would love to see it up here :thumbs:

I don't use nitrous anymore Neil, but it still needs to be removed from the car. There's a thread on the my350z and **REMOVED** forum you can look up under my name and you'll find it! :thumbs:

Wizard can you please post some photo's of your car up? Want to see your nos install :thumbs: Obv cant get to pod on saturday so would love to see it up here :thumbs:

I don't use nitrous anymore Neil, but it still needs to be removed from the car. There's a thread on the my350z and **REMOVED** forum you can look up under my name and you'll find it! :thumbs:

cool cool mate, cheers :thumbs:

Wow, you making a lot of power for 3:33 pulley man...! Mark's dyno's a little generous me thinks...! :lol:

Those breathing like headers and decats I was under the impression would lose us power because of reducing the amount of boost but clearly not.

I'm making 444bhp / 380lb peak and have got:

Vortech V3 S/C with 3.13" Pulley

Uprev GT MAF Sensor

Stock Manifold

Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

CJM Stage 0 Return Fuel System

Walbro 255 pump

5Zigen Exhaust

Inchiba Y-pipe

Berk Decats

Vortech bypass valve

______

Dyno was done with stock cats in place. I've since removed them but no remap yet.... Wonder if changing the headers and remapping will yield any gains. Any thoughts Sam?

From what I've seen and read, making it more free flowing gives more power and reduces boost and temps making it a bit safer. The trade off is that you loose a little torque due to the reduced boost.

My set-up is VERY free flowing due to the Kinetix SSV Inlet Manifold, Decats and True Dual Exhaust. I think thats why my power is relatively high compared to my torque. Mine boosts at 9psi.

Your Torque is very good due to your 3.12 pulley giving you high boost but I suspect your power is low in comparison because of restricted flow. If your tune was done with OEM CATs in place I suspect that you'll get a good 20-30hp extra if remapped with decats. You may loose a little torque though.

Another factor may be that with the extra boost and higher temps the timing might be held back a bit to avoid any Det.

What boost do you see with the 3.12 pulley?