Check this zed out, any good or is he talking poop

Richsouth

Hi guys, been aspeaking to this guy that owns this zed and i really like it, only issue i have is with the mods.....and the EML light? and the dodgy sounding 'Up revs'.... and the 320BHP? any more info on this lads and should i be cautious? or just avoid all together?

Check it out-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-NISSAN-3 ... 4ab431ebc7

Thanks for your help and advice lads.

Rich

Well if his had a remap, then its quite possible he would have a print out to prove the BHP. I was also under the impression that after a remap the EML would stay off as the ECU would recognise the new upgrades so seems strange to that its on. Can see the induction kit, but IMHO the tips of that exhaust look standard, although someone with a sharper eye can tell you that.

Although it looks lovely, and is clean inside, I personally would never buy with viewing.

It used to belong to Gazhull on here & then another member who's name I can't remember - he attended a SW meet last year though.

Theres a topic on this car on here somewhere, but basically the guy doesn't know what hes talking about

Think he may have possibly attended the Salibury meet last year, he was in the army and off to do another tour to Afghan... looks like the same car to me. Think we was asking lots of questions about the car as he had ( possibly ) bought it from a member on here and not sure how much work had been done to it etc.

TBH if its been uprevved its been on rollers, if there were any major issues with mods they would have shown up then - what hes got is difficult to mess up anyway :)

The only thing Id be a bit :shrug: about would be why he hasnt done an engine diagnostic to see why the EML light is coming on, it takes 45 seconds or even less with an OBD reader :)

what is the EML light anyways mate?

It is most likely the aftermarket exhaust throwing the light, it is an easy fix especially if it has an upRev you would need to take it somewhere like Abbey / Horsham / RS to get them to read the code and sort it out so it doesn't come on again. Best to get it checked out either way, could be a number of things :shrug:

Whats a "version T" ?!!?!!

320bhp for a 54 plate which normally would have been doing 276bhp is a remarkable increase for the few mods he lists, so unless he`s got a dyno graph proving this id expect the car to only be pushing 300bhp at the most. Also, hes on about an uprev as being some sort of anti-lag device?! And yet the 350z isnt a turbo car.

I think all in all it looks like a nice car with an owner who doesnt really know much about the cars. Id certainly say its worth a viewing although it depends on what sort of price he is expecting to get for it, and whether thats in your price bracket.

Good luck!

My (non technical) advice would be that if you are having doubts...then don't buy it, as you'll kick yourself if anything happens later on down the line and you think "I knew there was something fishy..."

I'd rather pay a little bit extra and have that complete peace of mind....so how important is that to you?

kwak250 is his name on here :thumbs:

Pretty sure he was looking to sell it on at that time?

Yeah definately looking to sell at that point, presume he has just got back from tour and is now selling. Definatley the same chap from the Salisbury meet as his Rota's were scuffed pretty bad and reading his desription saying that the wheels may need a referb.

Really nice chap though. :thumbs:

It used to belong to Gazhull on here & then another member who's name I can't remember - he attended a SW meet last year though.

Theres a topic on this car on here somewhere, but basically the guy doesn't know what hes talking about

Gaz did spend a lot of money on upgrades before he sold it, the plenum and uprev at abby for definate, wheels and exhaust too.

I'll be honest, you're really going to struggle on that budget.

+1 and then consider running costs on top.

+2. You can get ancient high mileage coupes for that sort of price, but you`ll struggle to get a roadster for that amount, they normally fetch more than the coupes - esp with summer coming along.

I'll be honest, you're really going to struggle on that budget.

+1 and then consider running costs on top.

+2. You can get ancient high mileage coupes for that sort of price, but you`ll struggle to get a roadster for that amount, they normally fetch more than the coupes - esp with summer coming along.

Remember also that the older cheaper cars will have wear and tear so expect clutch issues etc so put away 1500 quid for that also :thumbs: