Strangely Tempted!

Tricky-Ricky

Unfortunately its a diesel ,but the whole point of letting my Skyline go is economy, so the diesel would fit the bill believe it or not, the 3lt diesel is basically Mercedes and makes 218BHP and 374ftlb 7.4 to 60 and gets 34.9 mpg even propelling nearly two tons.

That sounds like a good compromise to me, hopefully the turbo lag won't be too bad :surrender:

Love the looks of the 300's, my old man is also a lover of these beasts but has said that they are known to suffer with electrical faults :shrug: - not entirely to sure which aspect this refers to. Will ask him next time I see him and quiz him some more.

Its more a case of needs must, as the market for lager petrol engined cars is very stagnant these days and they are not selling well, i have my Skyline up for swaps/PX and this has come up as a option, and the diesel fits the bill, at less than a second slower than the Hemi, its no slouch, and apparently it can be chipped to 260bhp and over 400ftlb and an increase in it already not bad 35mpg, it cant be too bad.

Being use to owning ott or mad powered Japanese cars for years, its quirky enough for me :) i have done some research and found that because the chassis, engine and drive train are Mercedes spares are readily available, and in fact cheaper than the equivalent Nissan parts LOL! Wheels can also be changed, in fact the one I'm contemplating already has different wheels, and would likely run same or similar tyres to my Skyline.

Its more a case of needs must, as the market for lager petrol engined cars is very stagnant these days and they are not selling well, i have my Skyline up for swaps/PX and this has come up as a option, and the diesel fits the bill, at less than a second slower than the Hemi, its no slouch, and apparently it can be chipped to 260bhp and over 400ftlb and an increase in it already not bad 35mpg, it cant be too bad.

Being use to owning ott or mad powered Japanese cars for years, its quirky enough for me :) i have done some research and found that because the chassis, engine and drive train are Mercedes spares are readily available, and in fact cheaper than the equivalent Nissan parts LOL! Wheels can also be changed, in fact the one I'm contemplating already has different wheels, and would likely run same or similar tyres to my Skyline.

Have you driven a diesel for any prolong period of time though bud?

When I got my Lancer I had all the same ideas........until I realised what a bloody chore it is - giant blob of power for 2000rpm of the rev range then change gear.

The stats look good but you really need to drive it to make sure your not going to want to set fire to your own hair in frustration.

Remember when Clarkson drove that diesel Jag - stats were good - delivery awful.

Have you driven a diesel for any prolong period of time though bud?

When I got my Lancer I had all the same ideas........until I realised what a bloody chore it is - giant blob of power for 2000rpm of the rev range then change gear.

The stats look good but you really need to drive it to make sure your not going to want to set fire to your own hair in frustration.

Remember when Clarkson drove that diesel Jag - stats were good - delivery awful.

I get the same feeling driving the wife's Civic. All very nice looking at the MPG reading but just cannot put up with the engine rattle, and 4K rev limit. Luckily i've convinced her to get a petrol car when the Civic goes :teeth: