The 2012 F1 Chat Thread

CaptainSensible

Fair play to Lewis for not commenting or complaining about it like Alcocko has done: Last year he'd have shouted his mouth off and ranted, this year he's just got his head down and carried on.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to Lewis for not commenting or complaining about it like Alcocko has done: Last year he'd have shouted his mouth off and ranted, this year he's just got his head down and carried on.

Yeah Hamilton seems to be in a good place this year. shame the team let him down this weekend. Looks like he's trying to play the Alain Prost points game but i think he's to 'old-skool racer' to resist a good overtake if it presents himself.

Also regarding Rosberg's incidents.

At first i thought it was worthy of a penalty but having watched the replays, Rosberg was within his rights to defend the inside line and lewis was a bit cheeky carrying on overtaking off the track. He was not yet alongside Nico when he moved to the inside, a move which any racing driver would have done to defend the position. the rules clearly state that one move is allowed to defend, then you can move back onto the racing line. just because someone is closing on you doesnt mean you can no longer do it. Same with alonso.

I watched the both of the GP2 races and this happened several times, if you have a tarmac run off then its bound to happen.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

A harsh decision IMO for Lewis.

+1 Very harsh. 5 place drop may be but back of the grid? :wacko:

Mclaren are doing their very best at making mistakes, they will end up losing Lewis to another team at this rate. Simply not good enough. :dry:

I'm so going off F1, the chamionships seem to be decided by the stewards more than the teams these days. Excluding Lewis from qualifying is a bit hash isn't it? Wouldn't a 10 place penalty or exclusion from Q3 be fairer?

Silly rule, but once again Lewis showing his maturity this year by accepting it and just getting on with it. Good for him.

+1

This could make for an interesting race seeing LH steam through the pack :drive1

If the rule wasnt in place then all them teams would just fuel their cars enough to get over the line then it would be chaos on the in laps.

Maybe a bit of a harsh penalty but the rules are there for everyone. McLaren just need to sort their act out they have been terrible this year

Well lets just hope that Lewis puts on a great show from his position and show's once again why i regard him the best and fastest racer on the grid ahead of Alonso! :):stir:

• 2 weeks later...

Well should be a cracking race tomorrow after qualifying today. Pity that Schumi got a grid penalty from the last race that demoted him from pole. Hoping for a Hamilton win tomorrow but will be difficult even from third.

God knows what has happened to JB again in qualifying, and Maldonado should have been demoted to the back of the grid after his red mist actions in P3! Twice he has done this now :surrender: Dont think Vettel will be too happy either especially with Webber bagging P1 :yahoo::lol:

And it looks like Alonso is in love with Hamilton again ;)

"Still, if I can tip one driver, I would pick him because he's the only one who can make a difference even with a car that is not a winner."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18221419

Was an ok race but there wasnt really much racing going on. that said there never is at monaco.

If you want to watch some real racing check out the GT1 world championship. I have been watching this series for a couple of years now and its by far the best racing i've ever seen.

The races all get uploaded to youtube now so they're much easier to watch. 2 GT1 races per event. i'm just watching the qualifying one now

really good racing with constant battles all through the pack

Very disappointed with today's race... fell asleep halfway through. Wish McLaren would pull their fingers out already...

+1 mclaren have been very frustrating this year. Also how is Narain Karthikeyan an f1 driver? He has been terrible in every race this year

If it stays dry at Monaco then it's almost always a boring race. It's almost impossible to overtake a car that's 3 seconds a lap slower and zero chance of overtaking a car on a similar pace. Circuit has no place in the 21st century IMHO. :thumbdown:

Pete

One of the best bits of yesterday was the quip about Grace Kelly by Simon Lazenby! What was he thinking? :doh::lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... death.html

I have to say the Sky F1 team suck big style of late, the only decent two they have are Brundle and Kravitz the rest are knobs or just a bit of eye candy. Cant stand Herbert and Hill god they talk some @*!#! :surrender: