The 2012 F1 Chat Thread

CaptainSensible

Its interesting to see that all the Button and Vettel fans have disappeared quicker than ice cubes in the desert :lol::snack:

smileyvault-stirthepot.gif

Yeah, I'm off Button - he's gone and done a Hamilton by not being patient enough behind a slower car :lol:

Vettel seems to have lost is mojo, or should we say his finger :teeth:

Nice to see Webber doing relatively well though :thumbs:

I wouldn't say Button has done a Hamilton as such, he just misjudged the move. When it came to Hamilton, Massa was and is a liability the sooner they drop the blithering idiot the better.

Vettel is struggling with a car that's not up to par and Horner can't admit it, Webber seems to be better suited to it and it is nice to see Webber doing well, I like the guy.

I wish they would up the 107% rule, I'm getting tired of some of these teams at the back of the field, some make no progress year on year!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its interesting to see that all the Button and Vettel fans have disappeared quicker than ice cubes in the desert :lol::snack:

smileyvault-stirthepot.gif

Yeah, I'm off Button - he's gone and done a Hamilton by not being patient enough behind a slower car :lol:

Vettel seems to have lost is mojo, or should we say his finger :teeth:

Nice to see Webber doing relatively well though :thumbs:

To be fair to Button he's held his hands up and admitted the 'incident' was his fault. Also he's admitted it was a **** poor race and he should have done better. At least he's man enough to say it rather than blaming others.

I was disappointed in Vettel's reaction thouhg. I'd really warmed to him last season but I thought his comments were out of order. He has to take some responsbility for what happened.

• 3 weeks later...

With no single driver or car standing out above the others (unlike last year with Vettel and Red Bull), this is turning into a really cracking season. Shame about the Schui wheel nut ****-up with the potential for a Mercedes 1 & 2 and then Button's wheel nut delay as he might have given Nico the hurry-up towards the end with his tyres clearly at the cliff edge.

Yep - really good race to watch in the last third. :thumbs:

Really enjoyed yesterday's race, great driving from Nico, Jensen and Lewis. Really enjoyed the full race coverage from the BBC, I didn't think I had missed it but I had. Shaping up to be such a superb season, hopefully the McLaren boys can eke their championship lead out further.

Seems Vettel's not quite as good as some made out when racing in the pack. Just shows that Lewis and Jenson are true drivers being able to make their way through when required. Also showed the design decisions on the RB with more corner grip and less straight line speed. The RB was massively quick through the corners but then not able to outrun anything on the straights.

Seems Vettel's not quite as good as some made out when racing in the pack. Just shows that Lewis and Jenson are true drivers being able to make their way through when required. Also showed the design decisions on the RB with more corner grip and less straight line speed. The RB was massively quick through the corners but then not able to outrun anything on the straights.

Red Bull look like they might do seriously well at places like Barcelona and Hungary.

Well four races to date this year now with four winning drivers in four different cars (and even Lotus look like they have a winning car)! God know's who the favourite is now for the championship! Who said F1 was boring? :surrender:

Shocking performance today all round from the Mclaren team though :thumbdown:

Well four races to date this year now with four winning drivers in four different cars (and even Lotus look like they have a winning car)! God know's who the favourite is now for the championship! Who said F1 was boring? :surrender:

Shocking performance today all round from the Mclaren team though :thumbdown:

+1 - we shall agree for a change :lol:

Boring race, I bloody hate Bahrain. :yawn:

McLaren need to sort themselves out, they've got the pace but they're too inconsistent. It's no good having a car that can keep tyres well if the driver can't get them hot enough to work properly.

The first 4 races this season have been crazy,cant believe how close the racing is. Vettel was supreme again this weekend,the boys at the track deserve a medal for what they have managed to change on the cars over the weekend,but its worth it if we carry on like that.

Im not a McLaren fan,of their culture,their cars or their staff,but they will be kicking themselves as they lost alot of points yesterday. Good to see Lotus going strong,and goes to show that after a Mercedes power white wash the last race,Renault did the same this weekend,despite still being around 30hp down on the Merc engine. Thats impressive.

Whats even more impressive,is that i managed to cook a brilliant roast dinner last night after id had atleast 6 pints. Get in. :yahoo:

It seems that getting the correct race setup for the tyres is 95% of what wins the race.

Lotus and RB looked very good on high fuel runs on friday. partly by luck they had very similar temperatures for the race and that performance in practise really shone through. China was the same story with mercedes.

I think it's time jenson stopped making excuses for his inconsistancy. yes he is very good when he has what he describes as the perfect setup, but his tolerances are so fine, and if he is not within them then he is pretty hopeless and just whines about the car being undrivable. On the other hand, drivers such as alonso can win races in a car that clearly has a very poor setup.

I do find it funny how Ferrari is famous for building modern road cars with immense traction yet their F1 car seems to be lower-mid-field at best in this area.

I hope RB dont run away with the season now. They seem to have made a big step forward with their developement this weekend and they can only build on this.

I dont remember the last time the racing was so close and it would be a shame if one of the teams ran away with it.

Kimi showed his talent this weekend, its just a shame he satarted so far back or we could have had a real battle for first on our hands.

Was also nice to see Grojean on the podium. He is a really good driver and was a bit tarnished by his performance when he first got thrown into an F1 car mid season.

Personally, think all the various winners so far this years seem to be the result of who can keep their tyres in the perfect window for longer rather than who's got the best upgrade :wacko:

Would have liked to have seem Kimi challenge Vettel as once again Vettel has won from leading the whole race...just my 2 cents but it gets boring when there's no contest at the front (that goes for all drivers frankly) although Vettel does only seem to be able to win from staying in first from pole.

McLaren- no words can describe how poor their weekend was, think Lewis' head shake said it all!

/agree Ekona (bahrain, bah-boring).

Also regarding Rosberg's incidents.

At first i thought it was worthy of a penalty but having watched the replays, Rosberg was within his rights to defend the inside line and lewis was a bit cheeky carrying on overtaking off the track. He was not yet alongside Nico when he moved to the inside, a move which any racing driver would have done to defend the position. the rules clearly state that one move is allowed to defend, then you can move back onto the racing line. just because someone is closing on you doesnt mean you can no longer do it. Same with alonso.

Also you have to remember that in the world of racing, poking your nose up the inside does not mean that you are entitled to that piece of race track. unless you are fully alongside each other then the driver on the racing line is entitled to drive where he pleases. - this is what got hamilton into a lot of trouble last year