Police joy ride Evo.....

MFM

Putting things into a fair perspective, who's to say the vehicle was defective? Had something else contributed to the incident. Were they racing a Saxo off the lights :shrug: who knows? Actually thinking about it, more likely a joyride :lol:

Looks like the coppers were taken to court to be prosecuted for "aggravated vehicle taking" as they did not have the owners permission to drive the car, but then a senior officer claimed he had given them permission to drive the evo so those charges were dropped.

Instead the copper who was driving got just 4 points and a £100 fine. Yep, just 4 points and £100 fine. Clearly they were driving dangerously and doing more than the 30mph limit and yet he gets let off. I remembered once getting flashed by a speed camera doing 71 in a 60 in the middle of nowhere and I got 5 points and a £400 fine! Talk about favoritism.

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/ne ... le_garden/

It goes without saying its one rule for them and one for everyone else...always has been.

Certainly very iffy to say the least. Why did it need 2 officers to drive it wherever and did that mean they left their patrol car where they stopped the drunk driver?

And if it was a 30mph zone, to leave the road under the limit and do that damage...........?

It's even more worrying that a senior officer has 'sanctioned' the drive away - surely the normal procedure is get a flat bed along to take it wherever and bill the owner, letting the officers to go about their duties.

:dry:

hale is quite a posh area, its the next village to me

the article is over a year old, think the case has moved on from then but I seem to think the police got away with it :scare:

Now there is a surprise, probably a slap on the wrist and dealt with 'internally'

:thumbdown:

Dealt with internally!! in deed like 90% of all other cases where coppers act stupid!! Did you watch the Panorama Police behaving badly the other night, was very interesting.

It goes without saying its one rule for them and one for everyone else...always has been.

Thats too true, my old boss was involed in a serious accident when a cop car smashed into him at a set of traffic lights. It was at a cross road in the centre of town early one morning. The lights turned green so my boss pulled of after a couple of cars next thing he knew he was smashed into from the side at the back spinning him around into a shop front. The copper had no lights or sirens on and was easily doing over 50mph in a 30. While my boss had no serious injuries he was cut up and badly bruised, suffice to say he car and the shop were written off. After my boss got out of hospital he made a complaint saying there the officer had no lights/sirens on and was driving at excessive speed. The officer disputed these claims. After this went the the IPCC (independent police complaints ccommission) there was an investigation into what happened. There are at leat 3 cameras pointed straight at said junction all the time, not to mention various shops etc... yet magically not a single one captured the incident on film. The only thing that saved my boss and allowed him to get a swift insurance claim through was there were a crew of scaffolders working oppisite that saw the aftermath and could verify my boss' statement.

Yet after all this all that happened was the officer got off with a warning. :dry: