Hello from London (not yet Zed owner)

Hello from London!

I normally wait until I've actually got the car before joining a forum but never mind. My Mrs has decided she likes 350's and I'm not going to argue so my current car went up for sale yesterday. I will resist buying a zed until this is sold as I;ve done it before and was too stressful!

Once it sells I'll get a pre 06 UK GT Zed.

Car history:

bug for 'proper cars' started with an old banger auto 200SX S13, then got an auto S14, then another old banger S13 then another S14 which was tuned up to over 400bhp. lots of power but too quick and scary for the roads. Then I got a Toyota Aristo which has the same 2JZ GTE as the twin turbo Supras, gerat engine and great car but too juicy (14mpg!!!) Sold that an got a turbo MK1 MX5 which is running 200bhp and is lots of fun. Always liked Zeds though and are affordable for me now so time to change again. Looking forward to something more odern and comfortable but not the fuel or cost of tyres!

The engine note on the Aristo was amazing though (straight six, decat) so looking forward to another meaty tone once i get a Zed!

think that's enough for now! Will post more when i need to!

Michael

Thanks again guys, yes wife has good taste! :teeth:

In an ideal world I'd like a black Zed but the condition etc is more important. :) they look pretty good in all colours anyway!

thought I'd stick some photos up of previous cars as pictures speak a thousand words!

the one that started the modified car bug:

old banger 200sx S13. I learnt lots about modding with this one! cheap and cheerful:

blackS13.jpg

After a while I got a loan and px'd it for this S14a:

S14a.jpg

not very modified but nice low miler. Got bored of it (again) so sold it to a guy at Apex in Bradford and it's now got a V8 in it! With the sales money I paid the loan off and got a 1.6 MX5.... got bored of no power very quick so got another S13 (no pics). Six months later sold that and got an S14 that had a GT2871 strapped to it!:

S14.jpg

thing went like something off a shovel but TOO fast for everyday use. Had nothing then when turbo spooled up it took off somewhere!

After that I got an Aristo - big and pimp with a lovely engine (2JZ GTE, straight 6 twin turbo) but stupid costs to run - 14mpg and most parts are import or same as a Supra so very expensive.

Aristoback.jpg

aristofront.jpg

2JZa.jpg

This had to be sold as I didn't own shares in an oil rich state so then I went back into an MX5, this time it had to be more poweful so a turbo one became mine!

Docksfront.jpg

rearriver.jpg

I bought it nearly 'finished' but have had the mapping done properly and added some wheels and a cage etc. Once again I've got the bug for a new car (350Z) so the mazda is up for sale and then time for a Zed. Think the sale might take a while as car market isn't particularly good and I'd rather wait for the price I want than sell for peanuts! plenty of time to research and get a decent Zed though. I've also got a old Corsa for everyday so no stress.