Gymkhana 4

HEADPHONES

Most interesting thing there is the production quality... cameras that move on and in the car - very cool.

Yeah that was pretty cool. Guess these days its not actually that hard to come up with cameras that can be actuated if you have the budget. Definately something new for the vid which they all need as theres only limited stunts you can do with a car like that.

impressive, should stick to this instead of trying at wrc

+1 he's flippin useless in the WRC. I'd still like to see Lobe, Hirvonen or Solberg have a go at what Block does and I'm sure they'd prove their skills over Block. It seems he's taken what he's learnt from a rally season and blended it in. Problem is his lack of rally skills show in this video. Don't get me wrong he is VERY good and the video shows it, but there's also a few mistakes.

impressive, should stick to this instead of trying at wrc

Don't get me wrong he is VERY good and the video shows it, but there's also a few mistakes.

Care to point out where the mistakes are?

I for one like all the Gymkhana vids. Top work!

From memory the one which stood out was when he left the warehouse, he's lost the apex and looses momentum. If he's going to put rally stuff in there, then keep to his SUPERB hairpin in slow motion. That was class, but the exit from the warehouse was a bit poor. There are one or two more, I'll track them down tonight.

What annoys me is Block is useless in the WRC, he should keep to the tricks he does in the older Gymkhana's, rather than influence his rally skills in his videos.

It's a bit like Andy Murray doing a tricks video and gloating at his skills, and of course to make 4 of them is kinda saying he's amazing. Yeah they are great videos and I will watch them, but as mentioned Lobe, Solberg and Hirvonen should be doing this sort of stuff. It would prove the upset in skills against Block.

Just my opinion :thumbs:

The video isn't intended to be competitive, with all apices clipped perfectly - it's about lary slides bordering on out of control.

It's a shoe advert, and happens to showcase some awesome driving, special effects and camera work. As for the 'theatrics', again, it's a commercial and I should imagine they're there to entertain DC Shoe wearers who don't happen to be petrol heads.

Just enjoy it people, it's about a bloke piloting a cool car around a movie set doing lots of skids ;)

I'd love to try that car, 'Monkey' Harris of Evo fame had a go and 'reviewed it' awhile back and said it was a total hoot - in fact it was probably him on the Segway 'Jet' :lol:

Agree the driving is awesome I'd struggle to execute the easiest of manoeuvres but feel Block is taking all the glory, yes he is sponsored by DC probably a lot cheaper than the likes of Lobe. I just feel the premiere boys would show the next level of tricks!