MIDDLE LANE HOGGERS

Vik54

I know this'll get people ranting :lol:

I drove down south to the parental unit today ( :wave: midlands) - and can't get over how nowadays south of the Border there is simply three lanes of independent traffic - more undertaking than I have ever seen before and eeeejits just sitting there in the middle lane o-b-l-i-v-i-o-u-s to the trouble they're causing :bangin:

Of course I was on my best behaviour having been taught a discipline lesson in 'how to preserve fuel' last night back and forth from Knockers :lol:

and I hit Jnct 21-18 M6 at 5pm :yawn::bang: that took 1.5hrs in itself :dry:

Middle laning is possibly the most annoying thing on British motorways right now...not only the actual action of people doing it but the plain stupidity of those people that cannot realise - after a dozen cars have undertaken them - that they are doing anything wrong. They just sit there...just allowing it happen. I am utterly dumbfounded. In fact there is a website idea there, just film these cretins and stick them on middlelanedickheads.com and see the hits tally up.

An old friend of mine used to hate centre lane drivers so much.... He would overtake them, then pull over to the inside lane, slow down and let the centre lane driver overtake him. Then when he had been passed he would pull out to the outside lane and overtake the centre lane driver again and repeat the process. He would circle the driver in that way as many times as it took before they got the message :lol:

In Europe driving a thousand times better. In England middle lane hoggers should get 3 points for undue care and attention. I'm afraid to say the police don't have time for these kind of people. Especially down midlands/south you'll notice the lack of police presence because of the Traffic Officers who now take over patrolling the motorways. Problem is they have no enforcement to fine people.

Our driving education is down right poor. How some people get behind the wheel is beyond me. I hate driving the M6 it is renowned for retards who haven't got a clue about safety or how to drive a vehicle. This can also apply to truckers driving up the ar$e of another truck, or pulling out just because they can. I hate English roads and English drivers. But there's nothing we can do about it. Policing funds are restricted and as a result people get away with murder on our roads. Not only that but our court system sucks for instance criminals are being chased by 4 police cars, they cause destruction and create mayhem for the police. They get 6 points £100 fine and continue on their way. Vik I feel your pain, but this is the sh!t society we live in nowadays. :angry:

I just drive up the inside of the idiots and carry on down the 'slow' lane, completely legal unless you are weaving between lanes to make progress.

Yep, me too :thumbs:

+2

Don't stress it. Undertaking rules. :thumbs:

+3

or when your in a van thats limited sit on there ass and flash like mad they soon get the idea :evil:

I just drive up the inside of the idiots and carry on down the 'slow' lane, completely legal unless you are weaving between lanes to make progress.

The only thing I have against that is if the inside and outside lanes are clear, you decide to undertaken to make a point and then they hit you, it's your fault. Aren't there new police measures coming into place about undertaking? Where they can fine/give you 3 points for doing it when the inside lane is clearly free for overtaking the numpty? Instead of giving a fine/points to the numpty in the middle lane they're deciding to give it to people who undertake the numpty to prove a point as they deem it as dangerous.

This thread just reminds me of every time I watch a police show on TV, everything about the policing and court system in this country riles me up. So many actual criminals get away with ridiculous things or very light prosecution and then someone doing something minor and a mistake for the first time gets @*!# on by the officer because he feels like it.

/rant

English motorways are terrible for driving. If people learnt a little bit of lane discipline, traffic would be nowhere near as bad as it is!

The thing that gets me worked up the most is when people try and overtake someone going 1/10th mph slower than them, despite there being 20 drivers behind them, and nobody in front of them for 1/2 mile, causing a silly concertina effect. And people that just pull out 10-15 meters in front of you when they're going 20mph slower than you! And don't even get me started on indicating. And...and....and.... :angry::rant::bang::bangin::dots:

hate hate hate

I use the pull al the way out and all the way in technique :)

Yep me too. :) I make a point of not being too far in front of them (read that as actually pretty close) when I pull back in. They usually get the point. :scare:

Middle lane hoggers is my number 2 hate.

Number 1 for me is people not indicating! AAAARRRRHHHHH :rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::angry::bang::dry:

undertaking is dangerous,

i like to buzz them,

basically from the left lane approach quickly move from the left over the middle and into the outside lane (when doing this pass very close to said hogger) and then go from outside all the way back to left lane with minimal gap to middle lane hogger. i find it tends to wake them up. :lol:

Why not pass the middle lane hoggers using the R/H outside lane as you are supposed to and get on with your journey in safety. :thumbs:

Why get stressed and complete unsafe and dangerous overtaking manoeuvres :shrug:

Alex. :)

That's what I did do....just ended up in the R/H lane for half an hour at a time looking over at the empty L/H lane :lol: - but I was totally chilled and just laughed at all the Golfs driving up my erse and then undertaking :shrug:

Reminds me of another pet hate (not so much now, but when I drove a 1.6l focus), people that put their foot down as soon as you go to overtake them:

If you overtake them anyway, they then proceed to overtake you, pull back into your lane and slow back down to their original speed :bang::bang::bang:

Or if you decide not to overtake them as they're accelerating, and pull back in behind them, then they just let off the gas! :rant::rant::rant:

I hate motorway driving, give be some nice country lanes any day of the week!

Edit - Despite being annoyed by this stuff, I am actually a relaxed driver, and have never once lost my temper whilst driving. Doesn't mean I have to like them though!

I wont undertake them, because as someone said earlier, I'm paranoid about them getting spooked and moving back over. However. If they are sat in the middle, I will flash them, even if the right hand lane is free. I have also noticed that on the way past, if you give them some extra revs and pull back in a "wee" bit sooner, they seem to get the hint. I dont condone unsafe driving for a second, but its just plain laziness for them to sit there because the cant be arsed moving over every half mile for a lorry!!

This is definately a post that will get alot of interest.................and dont get me started on the "Platignum Hair Brigade!!" :rant::lol:

undertaking is dangerous,

i like to buzz them,

basically from the left lane approach quickly move from the left over the middle and into the outside lane (when doing this pass very close to said hogger) and then go from outside all the way back to left lane with minimal gap to middle lane hogger. i find it tends to wake them up. :lol:

yeah........ and 'buzzing' people doesn't sound dangerous at all.

Lane hogging only bothers me if they still sit there when there are clearly lots of cars wanting/trying to overtake them. What I really hate is lane hoggers in the left hand lane that REFUSE to move over when there is a joining/merging lane from a junction on a motorway or big A-road. You KNOW cars are going to be trying to move over and join the main carriageway.. give them some space to do so!! And then they have the nerve to swear or honk you when you are running out of merging lane and have to slip tightly in between them and some f*** off lorry.

Tailgaters and cyclists top my list of road demons though. So much hate. :rant: