Hello from Lanarkshire

Hi all, just got a 2009 350Z GT Roadster with 6000mls on the clock and I am totally in awe of the power/torque from the NA engine. I was expecting a kick up the ass on acceleration, just not the booting from size 12's every time I do floor it :D The first thing I'm going to change on it is the tyres away from the Bridgestones to either Falken FK452's or Hankook Ventus V12 Evo or maybe even Yokohama Advan Sport. Will have a good read through the forum for advice/tips from the certified petrol heads I'm sure lurk in the shadows ready to pounce in aid of us newbies. :thumbs:

Welcome mate where in sunny Lanarkshire are u? U prob won't see my car there anymore- only got a week left of my job in holytown and the zeds up for sale :lol:

A few members round ur way tho

welcome matey! what condition are the bridgestones in? I may take them off you for track use depending what lifes left in them.

Im just over near motherwell. Need a hand with anything give me a shout :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum. Nice low mileage for your Z! :thumbs:

The first thing I'm going to change on it is the tyres away from the Bridgestones to either Falken FK452's or Hankook Ventus V12 Evo or maybe even Yokohama Advan Sport.

Running the Yoko's V103 currently. They're not cheap, but worth every penny. You really have to put the boot in quite considerably more than you would if riding on Potenza's to light up the traction control. :thumbs: Makes a big difference. Nice rigid sidewall like the Potenza's so you shouldn't compromise the lateral stability. Personally would run a mile from the Ventus, and not a fan of the FK452's, sidewall is a bit soft.

Happy motoring. :drive1

:welcome:

A convertable in Scotland?! :boat:

In my defence, the rain is warm in the summertime.

@bronzee: to be honest I'm leaning more towards the Yoko's than the others I listed. Cheers for the advice.

@LRF4N: I'm in Carluke, just down the road from Holytown.

@NeilP: I'll stick a tread gauge in them and give you first dibs when I change over. And careful, I may take you up on your offer as I work for the railway in Motherwell.

@vik54: Thanks for the offer but I only just got it and haven't finished polishing it yet. :lol:

@ZMANALEX: I can see me paying you a visit to assist me in lightening my wallet. :lol:

And thanks to all for the great welcome.

Oh that's sounds like a deal. You aren't in the transport police are you? We have another member who's a train driver that you will probably know, the g man. I know another guy big jim lafferty who works on the trains aswell :thumbs: I'm in newarthill mate so not too far from you.

Oh that's sounds like a deal. You aren't in the transport police are you? We have another member who's a train driver that you will probably know, the g man. I know another guy big jim lafferty who works on the trains aswell :thumbs: I'm in newarthill mate so not too far from you.

No, I'm not a BTP but I do drive trains. I know George and Jim well but they are on the other side of the shift to me. :thumbs:

No, I'm not a BTP but I do drive trains. I know George and Jim well but they are on the other side of the shift to me. :thumbs:

:welcome::worthless:

Hi Brian, if your mrs will let you take her car to Knockhill, there's a meet there on the 28th, get it on the track and finish the Bridgestone's off :thumbs: I seen you the other day on the A72 on yer way home I guess :thumbs:, was gonna chase you down and "smoke"ya :lol: , but I was on my way to work :thumbdown:

Good luck with the car :thumbs:

:welcome: A colleague at work has just bought an 09 58 plate roadster, seems a popular car :thumbs: It's his mrs car, and she pestered him to get one after lusting after my coupe at the train station every morning :lol: , oh the weak willed out there :p

You have a lot to answer for G man :lol: though after driving the zed I am now pleased to report that the new owner of my beloved Defender 110 CSW XS is none other than my missus, congratulations darling you will love it........ :blackeye: Ok back to reality, she does allow me to wash and polish the zed and as a reward I get to fill it up and drive it occasionally, very quickly I may add, damn does that thing shift :teeth: As to the meet I'm backshift that day on turn 14 so no chance of me going :thumbdown: Though I may try for a lieu day. BBBBuuuuuuuutttttttt on a positive note, once the defender is paid off next year I'm getting myself a new play thing, a 370 Coupe GT in Le Mans Blue. :teeth: