Noob saying Hi!

Hi guys and girls

Just picked up my 54 reg gunmetal gt coupe last week and luvvin it!!! :teeth: - More fun than the Mazda 6 MPS it has replaced!

Gear knob was a bit worn so first mod was replacing it with nicer OEM one I found on fleabay for £40. Managed to fit it following some helpful posts on this forum i.e. use brute force!

The prevous owner had serviced it based on mileage rather than age (there's only 44k on the clock) and last 2 services were at an independent garage so I want to give her a good full service soon to be on the safe side. You guys don't paint a rosie picture of the nissan stealer network when it comes to servicing so I'm looking for a good garage to take her to in central Scotland - anyone know if ZMANALEX still does servicing?

Also, anyone got a cheap OEM backbox for sale as looks like mines has just broken between the centre pipe and backbox - sounds like this is quite common on older zeds.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum mate. What part of Scotland are you from? Alex does do servicing from time to time and he makes a blooming good job :thumbs: If your Glasgow based I am running a small meet tomorrow Sat 2nd at the Infinity garage in Glasgow Braehead............. as they are doing us a deal on hourly rate and have trained nissan mechanics :)

Cheers for the warm welcome guys

welcome to the forum :thumbs::worthless:

Will try and get some pics up when I've given her a good clean - car is totally standard so I guess you've seen a few gunmetal coupes before - seems a popular colour!

Welcome to the forum mate. What part of Scotland are you from? Alex does do servicing from time to time and he makes a blooming good job :thumbs: If your Glasgow based I am running a small meet tomorrow Sat 2nd at the Infinity garage in Glasgow Braehead............. as they are doing us a deal on hourly rate and have trained nissan mechanics :)

I'm based in Edinburgh - would have loved to have gone to the meet at Braehead but I'm in Northern Ireland this weekend making arrangements for my wedding! Meet probably would have been more interesting than picking flowers for the wedding venue ;) Hope the other half doesn't read this! :lol:

Welcome Noob. Never mind an OEM backbox, Get a stainless one on it :lol: Where abouts are you?

I kinda like the stock sound - I'd probably look at something relatively quiet if I went aftermarket - I believe milltek is pretty quiet - any other quiet-ish exhausts people recommend?

I'll drop ZMANALEX a PM about serving and backbox as soon as I work out how to PM! :wacko:

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Apols!! Didn't see your post earlier. A fellow zedinburgh 350 owner. I also have issues with mainstream garage servicing. I've now found a winner and would highly recommend them. Stenhouse motors on Slateford Road in Zedinburgh. I took Cholula there for major service and MOT. Also got new spark plugs and battery terminal fitted. £350 done. Other half has scooby under warranty from Nobles (Nissan and Subaru) and after issues he isn't taking his back there. He'd rather pay money to Stenhouse and get it done right.

PS. Slightly belated but welcome!!!

Apols!! Didn't see your post earlier. A fellow zedinburgh 350 owner. I also have issues with mainstream garage servicing. I've now found a winner and would highly recommend them. Stenhouse motors on Slateford Road in Zedinburgh. I took Cholula there for major service and MOT. Also got new spark plugs and battery terminal fitted. £350 done. Other half has scooby under warranty from Nobles (Nissan and Subaru) and after issues he isn't taking his back there. He'd rather pay money to Stenhouse and get it done right.

PS. Slightly belated but welcome!!!

Yes heard Nobles are very expensive so won't be going there! That's a good price for all the work you got done at Stenhouse Motors - I'll bear them in mind as they're just down the road from me :thumbs: I spoke to zmanalex and he can service the zed for me aswell so that's another option. I wonder if he'll give me a GTR as a courtesy car! :teeth:

But first I need to sort out my exhaust! Got me a stillen y pipe ordered from Tarmac and got my eye on his Tanabe too! So much for keeping it stock! :)

What colour/spec is your zed? I'll keep an eye out for you :thumbs: