top gear!!

Husky

you could stick a nissan badge on a ferrari, but it would knock £100k off the value of the car.

So you wouldn't bang Megan Fox if she was wearing a Primark outfit?

No that's more like driving a filthy sports car

EDIT: If she had a tramps stamp then it would be like having a... sod it I would anyway you're right.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, how many people calling the GTR "clinical" and "boring" have driven one??? :)

And properly driven one, as hard as you like? :)

I think you have to take into account the package with it, the initial cost, depreciation, practicality, running costs, ease of use and on those its not a direct competitor for Fezzas, Astons or Lambos, its never going to be as evocative as they are as its not as flawed in the above respects. Compare it to a 997 or an R8 though ....... both of which have left me pretty cold in the past. ;)

Yep - see here. :thumbs:

Didn't think it was boring - didn't love it though.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46376

Out of interest, how many people calling the GTR "clinical" and "boring" have driven one??? :)

And properly driven one, as hard as you like? :)

I think you have to take into account the package with it, the initial cost, depreciation, practicality, running costs, ease of use and on those its not a direct competitor for Fezzas, Astons or Lambos, its never going to be as evocative as they are as its not as flawed in the above respects. Compare it to a 997 or an R8 though ....... both of which have left me pretty cold in the past. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46376

Top Gear should be testing it against Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo and McLaren though. Not crappy old Jags. :thumbdown:

1:15.1 - Ariel Atom 500 V8

1:16.2 - McLaren MP4-12C

1:16.8 - Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

1:17.1 - Gumpert Apollo S

1:17.3 - Ascari A10

1:17.6 - Koenigsegg CCX (with Top Gear Wing)

1:17.7 - Noble M600 (cold)

1:17.8 - Nissan GT-R (2012)

1:17.8 - Pagani Zonda Roadster F

1:17.9 - Caterham Seven Superlight R500 (cold)

1:18.3 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4

1:18.4 - Pagani Zonda F

1:18.9 - Maserati MC12

1:19.0 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce

1:19.0 - Enzo Ferrari

1:19.1 - Ferrari 458 Italia

1:19.5 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

1:19.5 - Porsche 997 GT2

1:19.5 - Ariel Atom 2 300

1:19.7 - Nissan GT-R

i had a convo with one of my mates on here who has an r35 gtr. The conversation was on the price of his recent 30k mile service costs... its eye watering the costs and 2 services at that price could buy you a decent second hand 350z :scare:

Similar to my experience Id say. She might be stunningly beautiful, great in bed, a cordon blue chef and drink you under the table but that doesnt make her your soulmate ;)

This quote, genius:

Drove down the M5 at various speeds and a few words kept on recurring when chatting: "awe" "incredible" "unreal" "spaceship" "relentless" and, most commonly, "ban" and "death".

:thumbs:

People had the same problem with badge snobbery when a tractor manufacturer decided to make cars.

Anyone worried about a raging bull on the front of a Lamborghini now?

Kudos to Nissan for giving it a go. Whose to say in thirty years or so the badge won't have the same respect as Lamborghini do now? If they don't already amongst the 'less bothered'.

People had the same problem with badge snobbery when a tractor manufacturer decided to make cars.

Kudos to Nissan for giving it a go. Whose to say in thirty years or so the badge won't have the same respect as Lamborghini do now? If they don't already amongst the 'less bothered'.

at the price nissan are charging for servicing it i reckon there will be a lot of cheap r35's around in another few years.

My bud on here just paid 3.4k for his service as it needed new discs and pads :scare: car is only 2 yrs old

you could stick a nissan badge on a ferrari, but it would knock £100k off the value of the car.

hahaha quote of the year!! :notworthy:

i dont care what badge my car has on it, even if the GTR was made by TATA or whatever i would still want one and wouldnt care what people thought. its my money to spend on what i want and i wouldnt let a badge or image put me off.

After all, the Ferarri F1 car has a Fiat badge on it....

Everytime my brother comes around to mine in his Ferrari, i always ask him "how is the Fiat running" and he normally replies "how is the Datsun running"? :lol:

An R8 is a great car. A V8 Vantage is a great car. A 911 is a great car. They all stand on their own as great cars.

Why does the GT-R always need to be compared to another car before people say it's great? Sure, it has it's downsides (expensive parts, dodgy dealers, too clinical) but then so do the others I've named (in order: switchgear from a TT, dodgy quality, common as muck). Each to their own. Some want a car that just goes fast, some want a car with more involvement, and that's why some people buy a Mustang and some buy an Elise. As long as we have choice, everyone's a winner.

An R8 is a great car. A V8 Vantage is a great car. A 911 is a great car. They all stand on their own as great cars.

Why does the GT-R always need to be compared to another car before people say it's great? Sure, it has it's downsides (expensive parts, dodgy dealers, too clinical) but then so do the others I've named (in order: switchgear from a TT, dodgy quality, common as muck). Each to their own. Some want a car that just goes fast, some want a car with more involvement, and that's why some people buy a Mustang and some buy an Elise. As long as we have choice, everyone's a winner.

i have been around r35's for a while with mates owning them and then zmanalex having his at knockhill. The r35 is cracking car but for me it lacks the character that the r34 gtr has. Its not raw and wild. Its more refined and eligant. For me i'd buy an r34 gtr first.

nope i can't stand her either, vacuous, and you could stick her in any clothes you like, but she'd still be a thumber.

Maybe......... but a thumber I would Knock the back doors out of any day!! :scare:

Hope the missus doesn't see this! :lol:

nope i can't stand her either, vacuous, and you could stick her in any clothes you like, but she'd still be a thumber.

It was an analogy.... :doh:

Ok

a - think of someone you actually find attractive (male or female)

b - now picture them wearing something plain and unattractive (binbag maybe)

c - if you would now not bang said person (a) into next week then you are fickle :p

Who is Megan Fox :shrug:

You're welcome! :lol:

megan-fox.jpg

Megan Fox is a chick who was hot, but then went slightly nuts, and now has a tattoo of Marylin Monroe's face on her forearm.

I'd still have a go like

at the price nissan are charging for servicing it i reckon there will be a lot of cheap r35's around in another few years.

My bud on here just paid 3.4k for his service as it needed new discs and pads :scare: car is only 2 yrs old

I wonder how much a service for a Lambo or Ferrari that needed new discs and pads would cost, I bet it comes in at slightly more than the GTR, and Captain, according to TG lap times you quoted, the GTR obliterated all the examples you quote as being what the GTR should be compared against.

Megan Fox? I wouldn't care if she had a picture of Lexx and Martins anchor tattood on her fazug, I'm afraid I would be viewing her from another angle :lol: She would get her backdoor kicked in, in an instant :p