top gear!!

Husky

WTF! Half a million for the new E-type Jags :surrender: Best sounding exhaust though :thumbs: Hmm...wonder if it will be quicker than the E-type Falcon Performance has...

its not the new E-type,

its a custom built copy

bit like the new lancia stratos

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird how well they edit it and string it all together, like it's all been freestyled. They make it look so smooth and natural.

There's a part where they are talking on the sofa and then Clarkson says 'right then on to the news'. If you look carefully in the background, one of the girls has a white top on and as soon as Clarkson says 'right then on to the news', magically she has a jacket on within a split second :scare::lol:

I hate the fact that its all scripted to be honest - I used to like what I perceived to be a couple of guys having a bit of a laugh and a general dick around.........then I realised that its just a scripted load of shash.

Bit like all the comedy panel shows like They Think Its All Over, Celeb Juice and all that jazz.........scripted which kind of ruins the funny bits. :thumbdown:

It started better than the last series, only just :dry: Watched the sky+ recording of Fridays 5th gear straight after, and it had more content IMO. TG's Jag love in was a week behind 5th Gear, but a better, although tongue in cheek, tribute.

I'll still watch both and hopefully TG will continue to improve :thumbs:

The girls were all moved round a couple of times. They kept moving them to the front to make the audience look more like it wasnt full of men!

The script is only very loosly there. Mostly they improv big chunks some of which makes it in to the show.

Slightly off topic I am also very proud to say my grandfather was a spitfire pilot thoughout the whole of WW2 including the battle of Britain as is still alive (95) drives a BMW325 !! Proper old gent.

Sorry for the indulgence....

Thanks gman, yes he is f@&king mental he flew with ken wallace in a gyrocopter at 90 and is due to do it again shortly. Ken Wallace is a freind of his who invented the gyrocopter ie "little nelly" in the James bond film you only live twice he he a constant source of inspiration

Slightly off topic I am also very proud to say my grandfather was a spitfire pilot thoughout the whole of WW2 including the battle of Britain as is still alive (95) drives a BMW325 !! Proper old gent.

Sorry for the indulgence....

:notworthy:

Just finished watching and thoroughly enjoyed. The MINI won this time because the road surface wasn't deep with snow and ice unlike last time with the evo. She is HOT that's for sure.

The Jag section was fantastic and lived the new version. Sometimes I wish they left history as it was, the GT40, Mini and the Stratos as Biscuit mentioned. But the Jag looked fantastic, is it worth £500k doubtful and it will never tell the story of it's predecessors. Still if I had that sort of cash I'd still buy one as it just looked stunning, sounded mental too :lol:

Beemer was great but it's still a 1 series. Just looked boring, still the lotus and Porsche looked the better car IMO.

Watched it on i-player last night. It was okay. Not good / bad, but okay. The South African element was the moment entertaining.

I was invited to have the chance of being on next weeks recording after being on the waiting list for several years, but have yet to hear from them to official confirm :( Looks like I won't get to spend a day in Guildford standing behind lots of attractive women. Grrrr

Watched it on i-player last night. It was okay. Not good / bad, but okay. The South African element was the moment entertaining.

I was invited to have the chance of being on next weeks recording after being on the waiting list for several years, but have yet to hear from them to official confirm :( Looks like I won't get to spend a day in Guildford standing behind lots of attractive women. Grrrr

I dont think you get much notice chap.

For best chance of being on telly stand near one of the cars associated with that episode.

If you stand near the stage you will get shoved back by the set manager to make space for squirlies