Cherished / Personalised Plates

wackosr

I got myself a pretentious plate from the DVLA too, was pretty suprised that I could get it for £250 so I snapped it up.

On another note, the private plate "007" lives on a Rolls Royce down my road...I have always wondered how much that one is worth?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a rule not bothered about private plates but the Cube has a really embarressing plate so have ordered a private one inatead! Just need the V5 back from dvla and off i go!

You GOTTA tell us what the plate is.... as you have wiped it off the pics.. :lol:

(LOVIN' the cube BTW... not sure about the seats, but I guess they work better in the flesh)

• 4 weeks later...

Certainly should. I discovered I could get my short surname and initials onto many combinations of £250 plates but trying to decide if it is a bit naff to go that far. One moment I think it would be cool, the other I'm not convinced.

I've been looking at getting a personalised plate and found one for around £1400 all in (VAT and transfer fee) which is the lowest I've found it. But then I started thinking about another plate that would be better. I contacted one of the 3rd party sellers and they said the plate was going to be released by the DVLA in around 3 months.

Is there any way I can grab the plate before they do as I assume they're just going to buy it, stick 50% on the price then try to sell it to me. There must be a way of me getting it from the DVLA before them? Will it go to a public auction?

I had the same scenario. Got told by a reg company that it was coming up for sale by dvla and they would secure it for what worked out to be around 3000quid if I remember rightly. I found out VIA the dvla website when it was being auctioned and bid online in the live auction. Won it for 850 + fees + vat which came to about 1300quid so a lot cheaper than going through the reg company and more fun too lol. If you need more advice then pm me and ill happily phone ya for a chat :-)

Anyone tried selling a number plate? I have C5UPE but DVLA is offering something like £800 and I am sure it should be worth more than that?

Any experiences on auctioning number plates on ebay or the like, where you got more than the DVLA offer price?

Anyone tried selling a number plate? I have C5UPE but DVLA is offering something like £800 and I am sure it should be worth more than that?

Any experiences on auctioning number plates on ebay or the like, where you got more than the DVLA offer price?

They are tough to sell unless the right buyer comes along. I was trying to sell my N13NJA plate for years and noone wanted it. I think it was because DVLA flooded the market with so many personalised plates that the resale market is quite poor unless you have something really special.

• 1 month later...

Can't decide whether to buy a plate I want or not! I was after "86 TOM" but that went to auction and went over my budget. I've found another plate that's in the layout of "X00 XXX" for £1300 including VAT and DoT transfer. There are a couple cheaper but the "X00" part relates to my birthday and the "XXX" is my name so it suits me well!

• 3 weeks later...

The perfect plate for me, without paying silly money. I was going for "86 TOM" but that went at an auction for more than I wanted to pay. W29 means nothing to most people but it's the day and date I was born; Wednesday 29th, perfect! Oh an my names Tom so that other part matches well I guess :lol:

photo1aw.jpg

The perfect plate for me, without paying silly money. I was going for "86 TOM" but that went at an auction for more than I wanted to pay. W29 means nothing to most people but it's the day and date I was born; Wednesday 29th, perfect! Oh an my names Tom so that other part matches well I guess :lol:

Looks good TOM ........ with the added advantage that 28 Feb 2012 you'll be right again .......... W29 TOMorrow lol