Cherished / Personalised Plates

wackosr

Some cool plates out there.

And yes, they do tend to hold their value.

I couldn't get the one I really wanted as it wasn't available and probably would have been a fortune.

So I went for one that was half for the car and half for me!!

V6 JKO

Just waiting for paper work to be sorted now.

Jacko

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the first time ever, yes. But only coz the rego on the car when I got it was YCK... :yuck: And 'er indoors usually names cars from its plate so there was NO chance that was staying.

So a cheapie ZED plate was acquired. I did notice quite a variation in prices for the same plate, some places were double the price I paid!

Tim

Still waiting for my plates to come through, just bought the plates to hide the age of the car.

Least the number plate is for life not just for christmas :p

N12 SRA - the latter being my initials.

Mine doesn't exactly hide the age of the car .... in fact it confirms it :lol: MY54ZED :D

lol!

I was looking at similar places for my 07 but they had all gone. The only one I found which looked half decent for my zed and dvla wanted 1200quid for it, which id rather spend on mods than a plate.

Ive got 2 personal plates, both cost £250 from dvla. I did have a 3rd, but couldnt justify the yearly fee just to keep it on a retention certificate.

Its funny how popular private plates are these days. My cars had 2 previous owners and both of them put private plates on it, and my missus car has also had 2 previous owners and both of them did the same!

I'm looking at giving mine away for the transfer fee as I recently got a new one but don't want to just let DVLA have the old one back to make money on it again!

Stick it on my motorbike if you want Nic!

I've been looking to get one but the only half decent one's I can find on reg transfer are £700+. Just can't justify it at the moment (gutting house and doing full refurb and extension).

Are there better places than 'regtransfers' to get a good cherished plate?

I've been looking to get one but the only half decent one's I can find on reg transfer are £700+. Just can't justify it at the moment (gutting house and doing full refurb and extension).

Are there better places than 'regtransfers' to get a good cherished plate?

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/

Cheapest :)

Yep, but limited choice now as the best ones have been snapped up. Can still get the odd bargain tho.

I want one :(

Its near impossible getting something for my name though :(

I nearly bought R13 GTR a few weeks ago but decided to wait untill payday, by the time I got paid it had gone :angry:

I'm looking at giving mine away for the transfer fee as I recently got a new one but don't want to just let DVLA have the old one back to make money on it again!

Well you know how fond I am of the Ninja! Especially orange! But would you really want N11 XYD on your bike?

I'll be getting one in the next couple of days. I've spent a week trawling the sites for an ideal one but had no luck.

It's something I said I'd never spend money on as I always thought there were better things, but my Grandad recently passed away and my Dad gave me a grand from the sale of his house. I was gonna put it in the wedding fund but the Missus very kindly said you should spend it on something you can keep forever and suggested a private plate. :yahoo:

My Ideal plates (that I could afford) would have been MGO2 SAM, MG03 SAM, MG04 SAM, but I've been unable to get them so it's looking like I'm gonna have to settle on MC** SAM, my name being Sam McGo*****.

:)

Well you know how fond I am of the Ninja! Especially orange! But would you really want N11 XYD on your bike?

I used to have NI3NJA on my zx6r ninja! Had it valued and it wasnt worth anything, so i stopped paying the yearly retention fee when I sold the bike and let DVLA have it back. God knows where it is now. They have probably sold it on again i expect.

I used to have NI3NJA on my zx6r ninja! Had it valued and it wasnt worth anything, so i stopped paying the yearly retention fee when I sold the bike and let DVLA have it back. God knows where it is now. They have probably sold it on again i expect.

I think that's a cracking plate for a Ninja! Surprised it wasn't worth anything!

I think that's a cracking plate for a Ninja! Surprised it wasn't worth anything!

Yep, it really looked the part on the ninja and got loads of looks. Cost me £250 from DVLA and all reg transfer plate places said it was worth about the same which supprised me as i thought it would be worth loads more. Unfortunately the reg sellers dont actually buy it from you, they just try sell it on your behalf and take commision, so they had it up for sale for 6 months and noone wanted it, so I let it go.

Its a shame you cant transfer plates to older vehicles, as I had (still got) a 1994 ZXR750 ninja in the garage which I could have transfered it onto.

In retrospect I should have let it go with the bike really when i sold it so the new owner could benefit from it.