Cherished / Personalised Plates

wackosr

Has anyone ever been pulled up for having irregular spacing on their plates? I have mine correctly spaced (as to pass the MoT) but would look miles better if it was put together...

+1 I was gonna ask Sarnie if he gets away with spacing like that.

I was fined twice for having slightly small plates on my supra, both when visiting Scotland :thumbdown:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah I got in trouble with mine - was a right pain. No fine but got a vehicle defect notice and had to go to all the hassle of new plates and getting it signed off by an MOT station and then posted back to the police etc etc. £30 would have been easier! Kept them legal ever since as it just put me on edge when ever I saw a traffic car and couldn't be doing with the hassle.

I got pulled for a small plate on my motorbike, but i was really taking the mick, it was 1inch by 3inch in size. Police just gave me a producer and I had to get a letter from a local garage to prove id changed it and that was it. No fine or points.

I never ever thought I'd buy a plate as i saw it as the single biggest waste of money on the....

oops

af5e2efb.jpg

I genuinely couldn't resist after I saw it :blush:

I guess not everyone knows what it says but for those who do it's like getting a private joke, just one that's shared with millions of other internet nerds :lol:

My wife's name is Penny and i offered to buy her P3NNY from DVLA years ago. Anyway she didnt want it as it was about £500 at the time.

I wonder how much it would be worth today? :blush:

Oh man you should've bought that! My girlfriend looked into getting P4ULA , think she said it was £30k!!!

My wife's name is Penny and i offered to buy her P3NNY from DVLA years ago. Anyway she didnt want it as it was about £500 at the time.

I wonder how much it would be worth today? :blush:

How ever much someone will pay for it. I think a lot of reg numbers have silly figures attached to them.

You can have a reg valued at £250k but will anyone buy it for that?????

I never ever thought I'd buy a plate as i saw it as the single biggest waste of money on the....

oops

af5e2efb.jpg

I genuinely couldn't resist after I saw it :blush:

I guess not everyone knows what it says but for those who do it's like getting a private joke, just one that's shared with millions of other internet nerds :lol:

Good work John, I like it.

I want one now.

Found V6YEY, haha, but thought it might be a little camp

As far as I'm aware, misrepresentation of your number plate also carries 3 points, where as a small plate is still just a fine.

Not for me, it's always been a £30 fine and never points.

You're right, I'm wrong. There was talk of bringing points in, but now they have the right to take back the registration. Never heard of it being done though.

So it actually says "James for Tam" :lol:

:lol::lol:

When I was looking last week I saw CA5 4 SAM (the missus is Caroline) but thought it was far too GHEY to actually use. :lol:

I went for

Platepic.jpg

And yes...it is a photoshop I'm still waiting for the paperwork to come through. :blush:

See I knew it was a bad idea to read this again you will cost me money :rant:

Just found CCS 1 ZED my initals are CCS it is actually CC 51 ZED but you get the idea but it is over £1k on DVLA !!!!!

Not just yet me thinks. :lol:

Finally got my plates on last night.

Had a few issues, sent all the relevent off to the DVLA and they came back saying my tax ran out on the 1st April!!

Tax disk is valid till end of the month.

Turns out the previous owner has applied for a refund on the remaining tax, but didn't surender the disk!!

:thumbdown::rant:

I would have though the DVLA would have sent a reminder when they sent out the new V5!!

Oh well, all sorted now. :)