Cherished / Personalised Plates

wackosr

Ive got two, S7BFT and P7BFT :teeth:

The BFT represents my surname but my wife occasionally refers to it as Big fecking tosser (ususally about once a month)!

:lol::lol:

Well I just bought one about 3 minutes ago!!! :yahoo:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best site to buy from in my opinion is the DVLA themselves http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/

As previously said, they include the VAT and the assignment fee - so as soon as you get the paperwork through, you can go to the DVLA office and get it put on your car - no extra charges or hidden costs.

Also, the DVLA site shows numbers that are available. Many other registration sites will either have prices much higher, or are selling marks that are currently assigned to vehicles, they then contact the owner of the plate and ask if they want to sell.

Many other registration sites will either have prices much higher, or are selling marks that are currently assigned to vehicles, they then contact the owner of the plate and ask if they want to sell.

Yeah... the Muppets...

Kinda like putting YOUR car for sale... then approaching you to buy it when they get a buyer... :ban:

Many other registration sites will either have prices much higher, or are selling marks that are currently assigned to vehicles, they then contact the owner of the plate and ask if they want to sell.

Yeah... the Muppets...

Kinda like putting YOUR car for sale... then approaching you to buy it when they get a buyer... :ban:

This id the problem I've been having this week, put in offers on a couple of plates only to find they are not for sale :rant:

Ended up buying from DVLA in the end, much more straight forward. The cheapest is wesnumberplates.com but only by a few £ and not sure on how fast they would process it. DVLA have got to be the quickest.

Got my plate to hide the year of car, but as everyone knows I kinda do things in haste (bought the first zed I saw on whim!).

Anyway, just wanted something with my initials LML and only was willing to pay the minimum £250 from DVLA.

Would have like V6 LML but wasn't available, ended up with R500 LML. RS is the other halves initials and with my initials and a bit oooo in between.

Fairly happy, until I realised that it actually reads a**hole!! :blush:

So at least if I make a mistake driving the zed, I can call myself an a-hole first before anyone else.

Either that or its a japanese person agreeing with you. ;)

I got bought T77 LUK for my birthday for my TT, which was ok, but never really thought about what a pain in the ass it would be when changing cars :wacko:

Just had to pay my £105 to put it on retention, now have to wait a month before i'll have my V5 back and can sell my car :rant:

Best site to buy from in my opinion is the DVLA themselves http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/

As previously said, they include the VAT and the assignment fee - so as soon as you get the paperwork through, you can go to the DVLA office and get it put on your car - no extra charges or hidden costs.

Also, the DVLA site shows numbers that are available. Many other registration sites will either have prices much higher, or are selling marks that are currently assigned to vehicles, they then contact the owner of the plate and ask if they want to sell.

+1 and the auctions bring up a few gems

Best plate Iv seen was PEN 15 an old guy had it on a merc, was in the papers lol