19" Volks GT-V are on!

coldel

It was a bit of a mission, with the bad weather making the initial change-over a bit of a soaking experience, then realising that the central parts of the two part alloy had been put on the wrong rims, so had to drive over to Croydon to get them disassembled and put back on the car - thanks Paul for sorting everything out! Finally they are on and looking great, well in my opinion they look great...anyway a quick couple of shots I managed to get inbetween the thunder storms...car is filthy and will get a good clean soon followed by my usual artistic photo efforts!

Wheels2.jpg

Wheels1.jpg

Cheers guys, when they had 19s on the front and the standard 18s on the back during swap over you could see the difference in quality, the standard ones looked pretty awful. I have put them in the back garden, two stacked on top of each other with a cushion on top to make two rather unique looking stools!

must admit im not normally a fan of black alloys on a black car, but the silver makes it stand out, love em :thumbs:

:lol: It cracks me up how all the black alloy haters are the ones who tend to heap the most praise on when they actually see them going on a car.

Fair do's they do look nice - you sure are sinking some dollar into that motor mate!

must admit im not normally a fan of black alloys on a black car, but the silver makes it stand out, love em :thumbs:

:lol: It cracks me up how all the black alloy haters are the ones who tend to heap the most praise on when they actually see them going on a car.

Fair do's they do look nice - you sure are sinking some dollar into that motor mate!

Not a hater at all mate.... They often just remind me of a car that has lost it's hub caps. Normally black on black doesn't go well in my opinion, works well on others such as sunsets in particular. Those look nice though given the hint of silver

I didnt want to go fully black on the wheels, so was quite pleased to see these come up on here with silver rims...

...and yep, sinking the cash, although these will be the biggest outlay for a while. Getting the rear bumper resprayed next month, hopefully a new front bumper too...then thats the bodywork done and onto engine ... ooooooh yeah.

Got the dressing in the boot, it will all happen when I next wash it, full shampoo, wax, sealant, wheel clean, tyre dressing, the works basically.

Take this from someone who knows...DO NOT USE ANY KIND OF CHEMICALS TO CLEAN THE LIPS

Just carshampoo and water, nothing else and keep them sealed and guard them with your life!

My first incident was with Bilberry....

DSC01468.jpg

ns_frontwaxed.jpg

And then kinda lost a bit of love for them and ran them over winter....

73471738.jpg

89ddd6eb.jpg

They are currently in rehab tho :D

Was thinking Teins for a ride drop? Lots of speedbumps where I live...?

Couple more photos...after a clean up tyre dressing and just a hand cleaned shampoo effort on the wheels... ;)

Wheels4.jpg

Wheels3.jpg

I am WELL happy with these... :D