WALES 2011 (Husky) & camera van

Husky

one last picture to add

IMAG0786.jpg

never spending one penny in Wales ever again for the sly placement of this van, why should I spend my hard earned money to visit a country that wants to shaft me. I actually have zero respect for the traffic police there now.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:surrender:

Was that the one on the left as you exited the village next to the national speed limit sign? :dry:

If I hadn't been in convoy, I may have been caught. Generally I never speed in 30's and 40's buy when I passed it I thought I would have probably been accelerating to the national speed limit at that point. ;)

Feel for you.

Is that the camera Chris told us about at the drivers briefing? Bummer!

Most probably. They were in Llangollen pointing towards Corwen. They tend to stay in a place for an hour and then find another in the direction that they are pointing. The next 'usual one' is just down the road from my place.

:surrender:

Was that the one on the left as you exited the village next to the national speed limit sign? :dry:

If I hadn't been in convoy, I may have been caught. Generally I never speed in 30's and 40's buy when I passed it I thought I would have probably been accelerating to the national speed limit at that point. ;)

Feel for you.

yeah the very one, the entire convoy of traffic I was in will have been had, the guy infront of me will have got done for 40 most likely as he was accelerating opening up a gap while I was tootling along in no hurry.

I'll put my hands up and say I was accelerating out of the zone 10m early. yes I was speeding.

but, would that van have prevented someone killing a child while speeding through the village before it? no.

Thankyou for the tourist office suggestion I will definitely do this :)

The van was placed right opposite the police station in Corwen right where the speed limit changes back to national speed limit :dry: Also it was parked in a "stone alcove" with the back end of the van parked right up against the wall so that you could not see the back of the van and its markings! ****ing sly bastards if you ask me :thumbdown:

The van was placed right opposite the police station in Corwen right where the speed limit changes back to national speed limit :dry: Also it was parked in a "stone alcove" with the back end of the van parked right up against the wall so that you could not see the back of the van and its markings! ****ing sly bastards if you ask me :thumbdown:

yeah, this is what bugs me, its very lazy police work and only for money. it will have no effect on the speed tourists do through that village making it no safer than it would be without the van.

Talk about easy money :rant: As John has already correctly pointed out, not placed to encourage road safety at all, merely a sly way of generating cash at the expense of the motorist as clearly demonstrated by the position of the van :thumbdown::thumbdown: Has anyone who had a video on got a photo of it? :wacko:

]

yeah the very one, the entire convoy of traffic I was in will have been had, the guy infront of me will have got done for 40 most likely as he was accelerating opening up a gap while I was tootling along in no hurry.

I wonder how many more of us will be getting a letter soon. :wacko:

]

I wasn't with the main convoy and the mods/admin will have looked after you :) I was going to the lunch stop to take pictures of you guys arriving so i was by myself.

]

I wasn't with the main convoy and the mods/admin will have looked after you :) I was going to the lunch stop to take pictures of you guys arriving so i was by myself.

Yes, the phone did get busy around that time - thanks Dave & Neil :thumbs:

Hopefully none of us. However if they are doing people at 35MPH, then quite a few might have strayed around that number :surrender:

F'in shocking if you ask me, that camera had nothing to do with safety as it was on the way up to a national speed limit section of road :thumbdown:

Hopefully none of us. However if they are doing people at 35MPH, then quite a few might have strayed around that number :surrender:

F'in shocking if you ask me, that camera had nothing to do with safety as it was on the way up to a national speed limit section of road :thumbdown:

Luckily i was leading the convoy at that point and was below 30mph at the time due to slow traffic infront of me so would be surprised if anyone got caught at the time. I did quickly relay the message to Colin further down the field just after. :)

I'm reading up on who to send it to on the tourist board and found reports that the tourist board and police don't seem to get along very well :lol: apparently the tourist board doesn't like the image wales now has as it drives people away, no surprise there.

PS: if i get a speed awareness course offered I have to drive back into wales to take it in the local area.

yeah, this is what bugs me, its very lazy police work and only for money. it will have no effect on the speed tourists do through that village making it no safer than it would be without the van.

It's not even the police though, just the local "camera partnership". You wouldn't be as bothered if it was an actual traffic copper who might agree with a reasonable argument.

That sucks :angry:

PS: if i get a speed awareness course offered I have to drive back into wales to take it in the local area.

Can't say for certain but you should get that option, I think its 38 and under in North Wales. I missed the briefing and didn't even see the camera :scare:

O.K, just looked into this and 37 is the limit for the course in N Wales.

Pete

gutted for you mate i dont think i was over when i saw it so fingers crossed. the police round here are nightmares any excuse to do me they will!! even if it was a traffic copper that got you he would still do you for it :angry:

hope no one else got caught

luke

What a same, it would break my heart to part with £60.00, I'd rather loose it than give it this flipin goverment. I guess the only good thing is you don't get the three points if you attend the speed awarness corse. I'm really gutted for you

Big Hugs :console:

Caroline

Dude whilst I have the utmost sympathy for you because NW police are a right shower of robbing swines - I'v got to say the last word's you would of heard before getting in your car was Chris telling you there was a camera van there! :doh:

In fairness I think we just got away with it............which is a bloody miracle considering we were following Darren B! :drive1