WALES 2011 (Husky) & camera van

Husky

Mate, I really hope you're right :wacko: I'll be watching with interest when the post arrives tomorrow. :surrender:

Dude whilst I have the utmost sympathy for you because NW police are a right shower of robbing swines - I'v got to say the last word's you would of heard before getting in your car was Chris telling you there was a camera van there! :doh:

In fairness I think we just got away with it............which is a bloody miracle considering we were following Darren B! :drive1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, I really hope you're right :wacko: I'll be watching with interest when the post arrives tomorrow. :surrender:

Dude whilst I have the utmost sympathy for you because NW police are a right shower of robbing swines - I'v got to say the last word's you would of heard before getting in your car was Chris telling you there was a camera van there! :doh:

In fairness I think we just got away with it............which is a bloody miracle considering we were following Darren B! :drive1

If the camera was facing out the back of the van then I think we're all gravy.......facing front ways and we might be pingu'd.

I wouldn't mind but I was even looking out for it and still wasn't 100% sure of my speed. I seem to remember Darren becoming uncharacteristically slow just before it........then it dawned on my why - we should be alreet.

the camera was pointing out its back windows.

I was doing 35 they clocked me at 35 not much else i can say tbh :shrug:

Won't cause any probs with your job will it? You don't have to keep a clean licence or owt?

Was gutted I was too diseased to make this... especially as it's practically in my back yard!

I can take consolation in the fact McCloy got a speeding ticket...

Welcome to Wales! Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out! :D

Sorry to hear about the ticket mate that's crap :thumbdown:

Good pics off my engine bay B) what happened to my pic leaving moreton it's only one that's dark :lol:

The cleaning was that good not just for the engine bay, but the exterior too, the camera couldn't focus and adjusted it's light settings due to the brightness!! :teeth:

Husky mate, what you doing at 35mph, that's not like you? There must have been somebody in front of you, so I'd be thankfull it wasn't worse than 35mph, although I feel your pain and lucky if you can avoid the 3 points in my book. I'd pay the fine, do the course and write it off to a bad day.

I am quite pleased my speedo is out of sync, my digital speedo is closer to the "real" speed limit and my GPS is of course the most accurate, so I'm led to believe.

The strange thing about that camera van. I have one of the latest snoopers in my car and it was activated and running fine, no bleeps, especially a laser beep (it goes frantic as laser's!!). Darren B also had a speed camera detector, it failed to go off as well.

1. They have new lasers that both our units did not register the gun.

2. It was not running when we went past?

Clearly it was running when you went past.... a great pain in the ass if you ask me. I earnt 3 points 6 months ago doing 58 in a 40. Bit of a woopsy that one. Although thats the only 3 points I've had in the last 10 years, so I can't be too upset about it.

i was driving like a granny all weekend because i was paranoid of the welsh reputation. It was because i was in a stream of cars i wasnt paying attention to my speedo, you know when you are in slow traffic you tend to go with the flow, if i had been on my own i would have been paying more attention.

no impact on my job if i do get points.

Was trying to post another picture but got a message saying "the board attachment quota has been reached" :scare::surrender: Is there a friendly mod around who can do something please?

Do you need to link off site? Via a photosprocket account or some such site?

I am remarkably calm about the whole thing, I guess the "citation" just made me chuckle a bit, oh, and don't stop here if you're on the M40, they are rebuilding the whole place and the services bulding is just a huge portakabin :) If I had driven through it it would undoubtedly have fallen apart :drive1

Things like that make me want to be extremely violent! How you restrained from driving through the building in rage I don't know.

Id advise the tourist board that due to the placement of cameras like this. Hidden, purely to generate cash from visitors - they will be jeapordising the visiting of over 100 people twice a year. If you add up the carvery, BBQ, hotel costs, drinks and shopping, we are taking in excess of £10k per year into those villages from our car club alone. Carry on targetting motorists like this and I for one will happily keep my portion of that £10k in England or Scotland.

But 35mph isn't excessive!

In today's world it is very easy to slip over the limit. Just sneeze and you've got a £60 fine.

I bet there's even double yellow lines on the bloody moon, and 2 hour parking limits or it's a £80 fine :bang:

But 35mph isn't excessive!

Couldn't agree with you more, If you got pulled over by a Traffic Cop at 35 then 99% of the time you'd just get a ticking off but those mobile sites show no mercy. I don't really understand the attitude of The North Wales Police, fining people for going slightly over the limit just means that less people will visit the area and it creates a bad feeling between the public and The Police.

Pete

No good complaining the Welsh dont give a toss what you or i think of them. I remember a few years back when i opened up the caravan after winter in Porthmadog, they set up a camera van on the good friday (easter break) and welcomed the tourists back who will massively boost the local economy by fining 400 of them (400 x £60 = 24000) on the road to the caravan park at Morfa Bychan! I dont wish to insult the welsh members but i think the local police go slightly doolally after been locked up all winter long with nothing more to do than shag sheep and play tiddlywinks, that once they see the first sign of life after the winter they make up for it by fining every tom, dick and Harry in sight to make up for the shortfall during the winter months! :)

I used to complain massively to them when i used to go there quite a lot but have since sold up.