HUMANE cat deterrent??

leonk

Every time I come home in the zed and park it on the drive, a neighbour's cat thinks it's a good idea to sit on the nice warm bonnet. At first I couldn't understand where the small scratches were coming from until I saw the over weight terror scrambling up the side of the car!!!

The last thing I want to do is cause the cat ANY distress, but was thinking of buying one of those electronic deterrents. NOT a cattle prod or electric fence, just one that emits some sort of ultrasonic frequency.

So , Question, has anyone used one of these and does it work??.

Please, Please, HUMANE, NON LETHAL, KIND, ANIMAL FRIENDLY, NON BIN RELATED, CUDDLY suggestions only.

I wouldn't harm a cat but its associating your bonnet with warm and comfort. Therefore you get it to associate your bonnet with something it hates usually a bucketful or two of cold water works quite well, but be stealthy they take some creeping up on and your neighbours will think you've lost it but it doesn't cause any harm. :lol:

common problem easily solved.

Your answer is Lion urine, I sell it at £9.99 a litre, guaranteed to cure your problem or your money back.

:thumbs:

Tbh that's a complete lie apart from it is a common problem, GT4ZED mentioned lion pee in another cat on car thread.

My mate gravelled his back yard and cats decided to use it as a giant litter tray. He put some feromone product on the stones that kept the cats away. I wouldn't put it on the car but I'm sure it would work on the drive.

Your answer is Lion urine, I sell it at £9.99 a litre, guaranteed to cure your problem or your money back.

Bl**dy H*ll Tarmac, I was just about to pm you for your PayPal details and order 50 litres of the stuff!!!

Thanks for feromone advice though.

Not sure neighbour will appreciate me trying to drown their cat as part of some cognitive behaviour therapy experiment cmck13!!

Cats like warm 350Z bonnets but hate sitting on wet ones. Ever noticed how a well waxed bonnet stays wet with tight water beads well after other cars and the ground is dry? Keep a spray bottle with purified water. On parking up, a good spray to cover hood with water (a bottle is no good coz water will run off and leave bonnet dry). Bat soon gets the message 350Z bonnet equals WET BOTTOM

Lemon juice or moth balls have both worked for me in the past.

The bucket of water/ water pistol thing is in theory a good idea as it will indeed associate your bonnet with something horrible.

However, if your getting scratches now when the cat is just getting comfortable, imagine how bad they will be as it digs its claws in and tries to escape the freezing water! :scare:

Cats like warm 350Z bonnets but hate sitting on wet ones. Ever noticed how a well waxed bonnet stays wet with tight water beads well after other cars and the ground is dry? Keep a spray bottle with purified water. On parking up, a good spray to cover hood with water (a bottle is no good coz water will run off and leave bonnet dry). Bat soon gets the message 350Z bonnet equals WET BOTTOM

Brilliant idea. :thumbs:

Either that or a slight sprinkling of pepper over the bonnet and the cat won't go anywhere near it, only needs a fine dusting and can use white or black depending on what hides better on the paint.

I really like this idea. :thumbs:

My mum always said to our neighbours to spray our cat with water if she was somewhere she shouldn't be. It's humane and the cat doesn't like it!

Great idea DoogyRev, but isn't that just going to soak ME everytime I get in or out of the car?? I'll be a nervous wreck!!! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Could be an adventure just getting to the Zed to go out.... or just turn it off at the mains before you go out :thumbs: