Auto fold mirrors

Cookbot

There's already a thread about this under the guide, but as many people have stated, it's not the easiest thing for an electronics novice.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=41330&start=0

If I was to sort the trader fee, who would be interested in a pre made kit, not using all the clips, large relays and wires in the above guide, but a nice, small printed circuit board with a few wires coming off to connect to the loom. If I can get enough interest, I can bulk order which would bring the price down and could probably even fit it if you're close enough.

It obviously won't have these components on it, but would look a little like this:

n32fl.jpg

This will need a bit of prototyping to get it to fit on a tiny unit, but should be easily done. So who would be interested?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, this is a great idea. But it still is not doing it "properly". It is just gonna neaten things up. I cant wait for the finished product as i'll be interested.

Will this be still using the micro switch on the door handle? Or is it gonna be a better solution?

The pcb could be a great idea :thumbs:

Well I think there's enough interest to break out the breadboard, so will order some bits this week. I'm not in work at the mo so will be able to do them as soon as the bits come and the weather improves so I can test it on my car first! Probably 1-2 weeks. This will still be a micro switch on the door unless I get a brain wave when looking at it.

Might look into the auto mirror dip in reverse, but will probably use a micro switch too and it will be a separate project. I'm not sure though yet, one thing at a time!