Auto fold mirrors

Cookbot

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you post some information that lists the functionality please? I'm somewhat confused by all the emails and no longer have a clear picture of exactly what it will do.

I know it automatically opens and closes the mirrors but under what circumstances? Is it only when the door lock is open and closed and with the fold switch in "neutral" or something else?

Is there a way to force the mirrors to stay out with the doors locked and the engine off? (Thinking of car shows/meets)

You could leave it unlocked, but soon as its locked they will close. Not too bad if you're close by. Screwed if not!

It will draw about 0.5 amp.

Yea, I saw that when I built the first one. It's just a case of swapping the green - yellow wire and the purple - grey wire on the relay and setting the switch to push to break. the micro switch is pushed when the doors locked.

this just means it draws amps when you're driving i.e 0.5 amp, who cares! lol

Yea, I saw that when I built the first one. It's just a case of swapping the green - yellow wire and the purple - grey wire on the relay and setting the switch to push to break. the micro switch is pushed when the doors locked.

this just means it draws amps when you're driving i.e 0.5 amp, who cares! lol

Just head fooked my self so had to go check. It's set at push to make but isn't pushed when locked.

So no amps drawn when parked.

If you want the guide, have a look on at the first post. I'm just doing this for people that don't want to build there own / Can't. Bear in mind the maplin parts come to about £26 not including delivery! :scare:

Kind of annoying the switch is taken out of the equation....but still :thumbs:

Will defo take one of these for when I open the door up to see why it rattles like a mofo with the window down. Sounds like a bag of spanners inside!

I had that .......... simple fix once to get in there :thumbs:

Will defo take one of these for when I open the door up to see why it rattles like a mofo with the window down. Sounds like a bag of spanners inside!

What's the cause?

What's the cause?

loose fixings on the window frame I think ........ just need tightening .... my body shop did it so not sure, but he didn't charge

is their any chance or option to allow the manual fold button to still function once modded?

i dont know about anyone else but i'd still like to have the manual function to work

Me to, just to be able to keep the mirrors out at meets etc. Also, does this make any noise when the key fob buttons pressed, clicking or similar?

this is a cracking little project!!! :thumbs:

nice one cookbot :yahoo::#1:

it does seem like a much better smaller setup than the one i have. but all in all i am happy with what i have.

im sure the door switch works on mine. when the switch is in the neutral position that means its in "auto" from the fob. could be wrong. cant remember.

the mirrors dont click or really make a sound other than the motors driving for about 3 secs.